I've created a large Light Bulb Database!

Hey everybody! So I just finished testing 93 lights and I figured you guys would be interested in that kinda thing.

It’s basically a large database that can be sorted and filtered and includes the following information:

• CRI (Re)
  • Rf and Rg
  • ASD (average spectral difference from BridgeLux)
  • SPDs of each light
  • A bunch of flicker metrics like waveform, index, and IEEE flicker risk profile.
  • and then of course links to the lights as well as the sizes, color temps, and all that stuff

Just need to get my hands on those super expensive Yuji lights next…

Here’s a link to the database!

12 Thanks

WOW… good info here. It looks like a bunch of work went into it.
THX!

I wonder is you could use a different color for the column headers. They are just about invisible on my monitor using Chrome.

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Yes, it was a lot of work :sweat_smile:

If it’s not too much trouble would you mind sending me a screenshot of the issue?

Very nice, thanks man !

1 Thank

Wow, very nice work… thank you!!!
Welcome to BLF…

1 Thank

There you go… it renders as some kind of yellow on pale blue. Using Chrome dark…
Hard to read…

Without the row beneath the headers highlighted.

Nice, thanks! Pinned to the top of the category.

2 Thanks

Thanks for the screenshots and for bringing this to my attention, I appreciate that! I’ll see if I can replicate this issue and fix it.

My pleasure! And thank you.

Do you know www.ledbenchmark.com ?

Oh yes! I’ve browsed it a few times. Cool website, not very up to date, but I like the idea.

Thanks for your effort, Sir, it’s awesome!

Why are the Incandescent/Halogens not flickering? You need to pull the Opple further away from the light source.

That makes no difference in the flicker. Tungsten filament bulbs past a certain wattage become so hot they don’t fluctuate in brightness.

If you check again you’ll see that all of the tungsten bulbs below 72w do in fact produce AC flicker.

It does. I have the Opple meter, if you hold it too close to the light to max it out it will report no flicker when there is.

What do you mean by maxed out? The Opple measures far beyond the lux it’s reading from the measurements I got from a 72w halogen. Nothing is “maxing out” that I can see.

I’m not understanding the premise you’re setting forth.

I’ll have to double check but I also don’t recall seeing any slow motion flicker from 72w halogens either. But flicker from 52w halogens is visible in slow motion video.

I find that when the Opple shows a very neat straight line, you need to pull the device further away, then it will show the real measurements. When it’s too bright it will just show a thin straight line.

I’ve gotten thin straight lines from a number of relatively dim LEDs. Waveform for example has a couple of these. And I’ve never experienced a difference in distance affecting the waveform from any light source I’ve measured, so perhaps you have a defective unit?

Not sure.

Just measure it again. Incandescent flicker, the fact you say it doesn’t is wrong…