I've had a Jack Attack. Lanyard attack that is! Photos & video of a newbie knot tyer

Wow, helping OL make something. It's a role-reversal. :)

I had a request to make leather monkey fists. A chap I worked with gave be the leather in 1m lengths in a trade for some paracord. Leather was very odd to work with, not like paracord at all!

Hmmm... I'll have to try that sometime. I do have some leather left over from making sheaths. I know what I'm doing this weekend. :)

Out of curiosity what do you put in the center? I'm starting to run low on marbles.

Many things - Steel ball bearings, marbles, wood balls, mouse balls.

Ball bearings, smart.

I use 3/4" steel ball bearings in mine. They pack a wallop!!

Put it on a long string and its a blackjack. :) Off to the hardware store I go.

The little sad face up there was NOT indicative of my true feelings and I don't feel like you overstepped any boundaries. I kind of feel like when members of BLF give me a hard time that it is all in good fun. In fact, it makes me feel like I'm accepted. Not much is funnier than a verbal wedgie, even if it happens to me. Clearly, we all don't see that way. I hope that nothing I've said to anyone in this forum since I first joined has be taken in any other way than the humor with which it was intended. If it has, I sincerely apologize. Truly I do.

Unless I'm clearly being serious, I'm not.

That said, I can see where my sense of humor doesn't always play well where we are not face to face. Sometimes the humor gets lost in the translation, so to speak. So, perhaps, I too should scale back on the comedy before I get exiled to CPF where we all know I wouldn't last a minute.

Priceless

This, by definition, is a "slung-shot". Not legal in all jurisdictions to carry around, so check your local laws. Yes, it's stupid, but out in California, you could get a stiffer sentence for carrying a ball-bearing on a string than an unregistered handgun in your back pocket.

Nice work Old Lumens. I was going to try that but haven't got round to it.

Regarding the jig. Ditto. No probs here. Must have made a hundred in sizes from 15mm up to 90mm.

The last ones are for throwing heaving lines when mooring or passing luggage or similar items between ships. I use a tennis ball for those if I have them available.