Jacob A60 - first impressions

Kevin, I just went to visit your website, but it’s down right now. I’ll try later tonight to place an order. Thanks.

Hmm, this sounds like a good light. I would like to see it with pictures. But it’s okay. Good review though.
:bigsmile:

My order finally went through! What a great looking light. Can’t wait to get it in my hands. Hey, it’s my first A60 light :bigsmile:

Thanks Kevin!

Got my shipping notice last night. Looks like Aurabuy.com has some fast service. Very nice!

I received mine yesterday. It is printed with Jacob A60. The LED wasn’t centered but it was an easy fix. The lens was dirty with a few spots but they mostly buffed out. The reflector is less than perfect, in a couple small spots the coating is a little flakey like you see on some plastic reflectors. None of this sees to have had an effect on it’s ability to throw. It also has a decent enough spill/flood a tad bit ringy but it could be worse. The throw is pinpoint though, so it’s really not very useful. I guess when described as a “fun” light it’s accurate enough. it’s fun seeing just how far you can get it to throw a beam of light. It does outthrow most of my other lights. However, when compared to my small sun zy-Y08 it doesn’t really compare. They both seem to throw about the same distance which is amazing but the Jacob A60 is only throwing a small beam that lights up very little area at all compared with the Y08. For instance the A60 light up a small part of a tree and the Y08 light up the tree and one next to it at the same distance.

For a cheap light with a Q5 it’s impressive. Overall out of Five stars I give it a Three and a half.

Aurabuy’s service was perfect. Good communication and shipping time. It arrived in the flimsy white box but it was stuffed with bubble wrap and then wrapped again and again with bubble wrap I would say it was well protected for the trip. Much better wrapping than I got from my last fast tech order that cost much more.

I am very happy with the deal even if I’m a little disappointed with the light itself.

My ZY-T08 vs. Jacob A60 mouseover from this thread:

Mouse out Small Sun ZY-T08, mouse over Jacob A60:

Yes, the Jacob A60 still beats it in throw, but I wouldn't say it kills it. My ZY-T08 is likely pulling 2.40A (unmodded) for this photo.

-Garry

I have a feeling mine is the package waiting for me at my dads post office. Should be able to pick it up soon, unless dad grabs it for me.

Picked it up today. Well protected and marked up jacob a60. Threads are even lubed. Aurabuy jusr went up dramatically in my estimations. 8)

I received my light today. I am really impressed with this light for the price. I usually set my standards really high when a light is bragged about as much as this one is. However, this is one of the very few lights that actually lived up to the hype.

Comparing it inside against my STL-V6, the A60 has a brighter hotspot. I can even see the A60 hotspot inside of the STL-V6 hotspot as well.

Overall a great buy and a must have for everyone. That's coming from a guy who hates pencil beams but this light is still worth it.

(Another interesting note: the tailcap threads to access the switch are CCW.)

Wait till you feed it 2.8a or so J) they really really throw at that.

Got mine today and i can say thks to those who recommended it.
tail cap measurements 1.9-2.04 .first time i have done this so maybe wrong!

Nope, that sounds about right. Pretty much the only stock light I know of that’s driven properly hard. J)

Just we can do better

Just took it outthe back where i live ,my tn11 with one cell barely lights up the trees which i would say r 75m away yet the jacob clearly lights up ,all be it a small area impressed.my son wants to swap his hd2011 for this now lol…
Well i say just it was about 10.30 time flies having fun :party:
EDIT I was way out with the distance estimate.according to google map distance measures 160metres.I need to work at my distance guesstimates :smiley:

I did an Stl-v2 vs defiant thrower comparison when I picked my stepson up from scouts earlier. He want to take the stl-v2 on his next scout camp now lol.

We really are big kids :bigsmile:

Dont know about you but mrs jakey says iam at times…

My a60 that i got from dx draws 1.9a. My a60 from aurabuy only pulls .9a any suggestions to bump this up. :~

Mrs gords banishes me to the sofa on occasion……

Other times, she just rolls her eyes and tells me I’m a geek. :bigsmile:

Ha! That's what my wife does exactly! I'm used to it. I don't get banished to the couch though.

-Garry

Mrs gords can get very grumpy. She takes it out on gords rather than the kids.

Gords gets a good nights sleep for a change - sofas are comfy, luke shares our room and gords picked the blankets. :bigsmile:

Don't judge from the latter. The smaller hotspot is getting the flux from both lights.