JAXMAN E2L hosts are available now

Is there a release date for the BLACK host ?.
Thanks . I’m waiting on that.

Nice. Next order from mtn electronics will include a host and near matching convoy tube.

Received my hosts today .

Awesome quality !
I think it would be good for the next batch (black color) to have a little bigger hole for the driver’s wires .

I’ll report more today or tomorrow when i build a light with one of the hosts :beer:

Just a FYI for U.S. customers, I’ve gotten information on a big slow down with everything Chinese manufactured,
The President of PRC, Xi Jinping is in our country today and with some past comments by our current POTUS they are sending a sort of message about trade, don’t ask me for further details but got it straight from the source so it’s a real situation but should smooth over by the end of the week, it’s already been in SloMo mode since the 1st of the month in preparation for today’s meeting regarding trade issues I guess.

I picked up an E2L host from MTN, always keen to try out a new quality, budget light. A convoy Biscotti driver, 3000k 90cri Nichia LEDs on a Noctigon, and a Carclo 10507 found their way into the light.

The Noctigon took some filing before it fit into the host. It’s probably a good idea to get the MCPCB filed and verified to fit before soldering the LEDs on, to ensure LEDs do not get damaged during filing. I used 22ga teflon insulated wire, due to the small access hole. Teflon wire has thinner insulation but is a bit more stiff.

This light is great. I have a couple of Convoy S2+ triples with copper slugs from Kiriba and Hoop. By comparison, the S2+ is easier to work with (pill vs integrated shelf) and has more options available and modularity due to the availability of aftermarket pills and 18350 bodies.

The E2L is lighter and shorter than the S2+ (in my opinion, both pluses.) I prefer the stainless E2L bezel over the aluminum S2+, which I have found to show damage with use. The tail spring is long and supportive, and the integrated fins on the head are excellent. The white omten switch has a good tactile feel.

Lastly, one of my most favorite accessories, the Fenix AOD-S, fits this light (as it also fits the Convoy S series lights.) I am a big fan of this diffuser, and find it handy both indoors and outdoors.

I see the E2L becoming my go-to light on backpacking & bikepacking trips due to its low weight and slightly smaller size. The host is a little bit challenging to work with compared to the S2+, but I enjoy the challenge as part of this hobby.

Oh. My host shipment wasn’t out over the Pacific after all.
Why did it get shipped via the Silk Road across Asia and Europe and via New York??
Tracking just updated by adding this:

Now that my new soldering station arrived , made one with stock leds dedomed and a fet driver with biscotti firmware . I had to drill the hole for 20AWG wires to fit , but it was a simple task overall .

Draws 9,6 amps @ start , with a Sony VTC5A and get hots quickly ! Still haven’t measured output . About the beam pattern , is anyone else getting light reflected from the bezel ?

9.6A, i guess the output is around 3000 lumen, well done

I wonder if my 22AWG wires are holding my E2L back. I don’t know the resistance of my multimeter, but it only peaks at around 3amps, my BLF A6 reaches 4amps.

I got 9.8A with Samsung 30Q. I also use 22AWG wires to the leds so I think the problem is your multimeter wires. It is brutal:

The wires add resistance, but the BLF A6 shouldn’t be pulling more amps.

I can burn newspaper like that but it seems like it takes longer. My cloudy optic might also impact it a bit, and being warm white.

My 2 arrived yesterday.

Ι could get even more with a lower resistance fet (1-1.5 amp) , but even with this setup it gets hot very fast !

About lumens i guess I’m in the 2k lumens range .

9.6A is a current for flashaholics of course, good for 30 seconds of fame! :smiley:
But for the rest of the world: like the S2+, this light can handle about 3A continuously without destroying itself, and perhaps a bit more because of the good heat path and clever small fins in the right place.

Got my two hosts in the mail yesterday.

Question — I found two extra tailswitches in the box. Are they different from the switches that are installed in the tailcaps?

I checked the tailcap switches (they lego perfectly onto a Convoy S2+). One worked, one didn’t
The nonworking switch board was loose, the retaining ring popped out when I fiddled with it
(note there’s reverse threading on the tailcap retaining threads)
It took a while to clean up the threads, which were a bit burred, then I got the retaining ring to tighten OK and the original switch works.

Just quibbles. Everything else looks as expected.

Clip from ebay
Parts from Mtn
Qlite driver with 4 added 7135
Guppydrv firmware
Xp g3 S5 3C triple
Carclo frosted medium spot optic
Glow gasket

Jaxman
Are the hosts available again now?

Your in Ca. and you can buy them from Utah, shipping about 3 days instead of 3 month… Jax Hosts $16.75 and then ready made are Here, $29.99 plus tint $$ plus
Not to forget, every part you need all available under one roof and from our most special vendor and BLF member Richard… Good Luck friend

Yup, just picked up a host from Richard, with a bunch of other things. May as well just give him access to my bank account as much as I’ve bought from him over the last year…lol

Oh, I’m not opposed to buying from Richard - heck, I think my shopping cart always has something in it. I just wondered what, if any, improvements were made to the new batch of hosts. Also, jaxman mentioned making them in black and having the 18350/18500 tubes available, which I would like.