Jetbeam JET-UV Testing and price

Hey mate till the 31st of December still have ages.

Good! Thanks

which one is stronger this one or the convoy ? already have the convoy so wonder…

The convoy

ok thanks, but u order from gearbest it then ?

You can buy a filter as well in simons shop

As the LED is overdriven with 700mA a better board might be nice

I’ve got the one from Simon and I got the zb2 lense too.
When I looked gearbest had 2 types, the Nichia one and the cheaper generic chip one that I don’t think is so good/bright, which one did you buy from gearbest.
The jetbeam is good, as it’s nice and portable on say a key chain, but the convoy is better for scaring people when you shine it round their bathroom/house :wink:

who is Simon where is his link to buy from ?

Simon is a seller on aliexpress who is also responsible for designing/making the Convoy flashlight brand. From what he makes and sells, he must be a flashoholic too, or he can think like one.

https://nl.aliexpress.com/store/330416?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.3nclB9

cool thanks,. lets buy it a Jetbeam JET-UV T then.

I think that i’ll try one, Thanks for the review!

Hello BLF forum,
i dont need an UV-Lamp to Check if Money original or someting.
I want use it for Geocaching, to see UV pen marking on a Wall ect, for a Nightcache, a Lostplace.
So the Pictures in the Thread show only a little Spot in ~30cm.
How will the Spot in a few meter Distance? It is viewable or is the Jet-UV to week?

greets Basty

P.s. sorry for my bad English, i hope you understand my question.

Yourll probably be able to see it if it’s dark and you got a good idea where the markings are and what your looking for fluoress well, I’ve just tried if and it will pick out faintly stuff at 3 meters it’s dark with background lighting here
But ideally you probably want the convoy s2 niche for what your looking to do.

Do wear perspex glasses/goggles though, whichever one you get, I’ve just got a headache from literally that 20 second test by stupidly not wearing mine

I recommend the Convoy uv s2+ its stronger so for your needs that one should be better perhaps?

Hey mate I think it will be bright enough check out my video review at the end I take the JETBeam JET uv out side.

For those uv markings in geocaching, you do notnecessarily need 365nm light, 400nm is fine too and there’s some very cheap 400nm lights that probably put out more light as well as being throwier.
Example: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1358900

The Nichia 365nm Diode is very efficient so it will perform better than most other cheap 3W LEDs
It is also 200mA overdriven so you get about 1W of uktraviolet light

There are good UV LEDs but most lights use cheap ones not performing well

The S2+ is quite throwy with the Nichia Diode as the emitter surface is very small but as the reflector is not very deep you get plenty of spill

Is this led 365nm ?
http://s.aliexpress.com/ZFBBJreQ

I already ordered one :person_facepalming: :smiley:

Nah that LED is defiantly different. This LED looks like a smaller XML with the lines running through the LED. You can also see two bonding wires. I will find my magnifier and take a pic. Hahaha only i would have a dirty joke to say about that!

Hahaha
That’s why I bought it,
it looked different from other 3535 leds :person_facepalming:
God willing When I receive it I’ll test it and post the results here
Greetings :smiley: