Just a little warning on Efest.

I think there is…

Killing myself :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The Efest 2500mAh 35A is a very good battery, no doubt about that.

But if it's not LG, what is it? Sony or Panasonic? I mean, LG is not a bad comparison. It's one of the best and actually might be the best depending your criteria. HE2 is not bad either, it's top performance. Better batteries are not known to exist at the moment.

There is data available comparing these against each other:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

The LG HE2 is virtually identical to Efest IMR2500 (and cyan Samsung 25R is quite similar). The slight difference might be just random variation. Anyway, those are all still A+ high drain batteries.

That comparator is very helpful! You will also find that the AWT has a better[less of] voltage sag than ALL the cells you mentioned.Not much but better!

The bottom line for me is that Efest, K’power, LG and AWT all work well in my modded lights.no visual difference at all,a little run time difference.

And there in lies the issue. The 25R is similar too and LG and Samsung make their own cells.

Compare the Efest 2500 BT to the Efest 2500 both 2014 (one is button top, the other I assume is flat top), they are next to each other on the comparator, dont confuse it with the 3100 below them. And you will see the two 2500s are closer than the HEII is to them. SO close on that chart might not quite mean the same allowing for variance in batch or between individual units.

I think some of their earlier bestinone cells were a little sketchy . i had a few orange 16340's i thought failed a little too quickly and some blue 14500's that never really impressed me much .

On the other hand their newer stuff has never failed to impress .

Probably due to newer and quicker turning of stock

thanks to all you vappers

Between these three, it's really up to interpretation which ones match more closely. I think the button top is the outlier here. This should be expected even in the case of all being the same cells, as a button top typically does alter(worsen) discharge properties. Let's say it a third time: The 25R is quite similar too.

Yes, of course the EF 35A might not be HE2. In that case, what are they? That was a question. I would not be asking that if claimed to know they were the same. They might be HE2 or maybe even 25R, but certainly they're not something better or superior to one of those, produced in a secret underground factory in Mars.

They are not superior to HE2 but slightly lower performance if the HKJ data is reliable, which I think it is. This supports the assumption they are the same and there is just variation between examples or the Efest come from a lower capacity(but excellent current draw) bin.

I use 18500 Efests. They are top-notch from my experience.

Some efests may perform quite well, some not so well, but I don’t believe for one second that they produce their own cells.

I think more of the issue is the the OP had come across some Efest fakes. It is easy to get sucked into buying on price only to get disappointed. If memory serves correct it was the vaping forums that originally launched Efest to what they are.

Efest is not the only company that re-wraps but who really cares as long as they perform. Reputable sellers will 99.99% of the time get us the genuine article and every Efest I have purchased has been to true to their specs and hype.

I think that every manufacturer has suffered from counterfeiting but that is beyond their control. The only reason counterfeiters make money is because there is a demand for high quality at a "too good to be true cheap price". I do not know about now because of Sanyos but I do remember when Panasonic did not make batteries for retail either.

The key is to buy from REPUTABLE and KNOWN sellers. That IS more important than price.

I think you might have missed the point of what I said.

If you simplify, using the comparator pick one of the Efest 35A batteries from the list, and untick every current setting except 10a. Now select the other Efest for the right drop down box and note how closely it follows not just in shape, but how close the curves are from each other. Now swap that last one for the LG, then swap it again for the 25R. You will see the LG and 25R also have a close track to each other, but neither is as close to the 35A than the other 35A is. It indicates it is none of the above, it is something else.

Now try the Efan 2500 and compare with the 35A BT.

You might have missed my point, too. I'm not trying to prove you wrong here.

I was replying to someone who claims Efest high drain batteries are superior to any other brand. I don't believe that because the Efest high drains must be rebrands of some other brand. Either that, or they have their own secret plant on the dark side of the Moon, and that secret plant is ahead of other mfg's. Not something I would expect from Efest or Nitecore or any other consumer brand, should I say rewrapper brand. It's most logical to assume such companies don't make their own cells. If they sometimes make specific orders from actual manufacturers, the product would still not be better than other cells. No manufacturer is that stupid. Most of the time they are not likely to do that, and just arrange bulk orders or buy some B grade surplus(still perfectly good and safe, just uneven or lacking in total capacity). This is different from XXXfire scammers who buy crap and wrap it to look like decent batteries, or even use recycled old cells.

Yes. I'm not claiming the Efest 35A is necessarily HE2, just that it's almost identical in performance. The difference in curves might be due to different batches or quality bins, and similar differences might be present when comparing for example two batches of 25R against each other. Once again: the "35 A" Efest might be something else.

You're right, the Efest 2500 button and flat as tested appear to most likely have the same cell from the same or equivalent batches. Still, if you want to evaluate overall performance, you need to look at more than just a single curve. There are several cells that provide about the same performance according to the test data.

Why would I compare the Efan FT with Efest BT? It's much closer to Efest FT, as they must be the same. However, all three are probably the same cells. The BT makes a difference. Another slightly different result might be the same cells too, but a different batch, making the difference.

I would love to, but wouldn’t know how to cause a safe explosion, and also lose a rather expensive device doing so.

You are correct, I am in the flashlight forum where they dont have the potential to blow up in my face, which is why I am more bothered due to the face blowing up thing, and where I am on a budget I want batteries that work in my torch as well as my vaporizer.
I did state I apologise for any confusion caused as I tend to write before I think due to a brain injury, I only thought I was helping, I did not expect it to kick off like this. I apologise again, and I did say due to being new here I probably wont be believed. I can do no more than apologise, the only other thing I can do is leave really which I can do if you would rather me do, as some of you seem rather hostile to me pointing out some information. I repeat, I am a brain damaged man who thought I was helping, but made a mistake in doing so.

Yeah, very bad idea, I think. No explosions necessary.

You have apologized, and I’d say most have forgiven you for what little error you may have made. Don’t mind Dale too much (DBCstm) he is a very passionate and exciteable guy, and he also happens to love efest batteries.

I would say in general most users here use HKJ’s graphs and buy the cell that best fits our performance vs cost trade-off. Most of us don’t care what name is on the label as long as the performance is there. As you have already learned/realized, different aspects of performance matter to vapers that might not matter as much to flashaholics. Just keep in mind that most suggestions you may recieve here (on batteries or any other subject) will be strictly flashlight related, and won’t take into account your vaping.

No worries.

Keep on keepin’ on.

Ok, thank you. I’l just have to remember to stick to the high amp draw batteries so I can use them in both and avoid the flashlight suggestions, as part of saving budget is being able to use the same batteries in both devices.

I dont care if you pick the BT or FT I just happened to be using the BT in all comparisons in the first drop down box and only changed the 2nd box to make the comparison so thats what I posted. The difference between them didnt really change the differences I observed and mentioned anyway. The BT Efest tracks closer to the FT Efest than any other battery beside maybe the Efan. The BT in this case appears to make bugger all difference.

What the comparison does show is if someone believes the Efest might be a HEII, then they might as well equally believe the HEII is also a rewrapped 25R (or vice versa), which we accept its not. That was the point of mentioning the curves, and also why I suggested you use just the 10a curve. You could use any curve they are both measured at, I just picked 10.

If you ask me, the Efest and Efan are the same, going by those curves alone, but also if you look at the Efan 35A 2500, apart from the name similarity, the wrappers are remarkably the same too.

Its sketchy in my mind but I seem to recall Efan coming here starting a thread or two stating they made batteries at their own plant, and sent them out for testing, maybe they came from the dark side of the moon. But i have no information about whether their claims are true or not, if Ive got it right that is in the first place. Im also assuming that Efan is Eizfan.

Saw this on StupidBook

Surprised he is not on a respirator. You would think he would breath in a bucket dose of HF gas if the battery vented.