Just saw satellites with binoculars…

So I was looking up at the stars earlier with my Canon 10x42 IS binocs. Great view of Jupiter.

I was quite surprised to see one of the “stars” moving across the sky rather quickly . I’m thinking it must have been a satellite.

I watched for a while and saw 2 more satellites moving along different trajectories. I’ve spent a lot of time looking up at the sky and I’ve never seen something like this

They were probably those pesky tic-tac UAP’s again. Doing some pre-invasion reconnaissance or en-route to abduct some innocent earthlings. :open_mouth:

Hahaha. I thought perhaps Starlink satellites but I really have no evidence to support that

Hopefully one day there’ll be some semi-advanced terrestrials pointing up at us darting about the ether, and then exclaiming ‘what the heck could that possibly be?’ :+1:

They could be looking at us right now with one of these: A solar gravitational lens will be humanity's most powerful telescope. What are its best targets?

Man, no wonder people want to live forever - to enjoy all the new stuff. Including flashlights!

Yep,

I was just saying that to someone today. I can’t imagine as a kid in the 80s having the Gadgets and tech that’s available today. I wonder how powerful flashlights will be when my kids are mg age

Same as today: 99999990 lm. :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

That's what I was thinking, too.

I believe there are a ton of Starlink satellites in your country.

Oh man I’m glad you reminded me. My friend just bought a 90,000 lumen light for $39. I mentioned to him that my MS18 barely puts that much light out but he’s convinced.

https://www.coutosy.com/products/led-rechargeable-tactical-laser-flashlight-90000-high-lumens

I remember as a kid one summer evening lying on the back looking at the stars.
We saw satellites too back then in the late 70ties, but the funny thing here was, the satellites came from different directions to the same point right above us, and then changed to the same direction.

We agreed that those was very strange satellites indeed. But we looked at it happen for well over a hour and there was 3 of us seeing the same.

I am not aware of any roundabout over Denmark for none stationary satellites.

Way way back, a few of us decided to hit a park in Shirley on the south shore, to catch some meteor shower, and after finally getting dark-adapted (despite a bunch of people yelling at him, the f’n ice-cream truck had its blinding-bright lights on the sides the whole time ’til he finally left), we saw a bunch of little Sputniks flying around.

Most of them tracked roughly north/south.

Oooooh, 8000K Sunshine light!

That’s not just Angry Blue™. That’s “Pist-Off Ezra Miller Punching A (nother) Woman” Blue!

Just look at the sky and chances are pretty high you will see a Starlink satellite in less than a minute if the sun is at the right angle (at night, of course).

you could see some of them with a naked eye, not as good as with 10x magnification, but "moving stars" are visible with clear skies and no light pollution

You can configure your location on the NASA International Space Station site and find the exact times and location in the sky to see the space station in your locality. I’ve seen it many times and it’s pretty cool. It’s as bright as the brightest stars in the sky.

Maybe so they’re satellites but don’t be fooled, those sneaky spacemen are using them as cover.

Wow… my kid is going to love this. Time to bust out some high school trigonometry