Klarus G30 MT-G2 Notes

- Perfect slightly creamy neutral white tint

- 4 nicely spaced modes using tailswitch or sideswitch.

- Floody beam profile, this is not a thrower but very nice indoors or outddoors to a couple hundred feet or so.

• Batteries load from rear and contacts rotate inside tailcap when tightening tailcap

The 2 reasons below are why I bought this light

- Compact size for this brightness and runtime.

• Temperature control steps light down gradually so it does not get too hot.

My only complaint is the button on the tailswitch sticks out about 1/2 a millimetre and when tailstainding the light will rock a little, but still does tailstand fine.

Link to Klarus website here for specifications. I am not affiliated with any seller, I just like flashlights.

Are those 3 different cells being used in series?

Oh weird, one looks black and the other purple with a white ring. I guess it’s just the lighting and slight variations in wrapping.

Nice looking flashlight.

I have like d the looks of this light since it was released. I have always wanted an Eagletac SX25L3 with the MT-G2 have not got around to getting one. I’m between this light and waiting to see what the new Eagletac SX30L3 brings.

They are in series, you can see this from the tailcap design, there is also a pic where traces on the PCB are wisable…

Thanks for posting this, I’m just about to buy this light. Can you please answer a few questions:

In the user manual is states the light will go direct to turbo with a long press of the rear switch from off, So a long press always activates turbo (from off), and a short press activates the last mode (memory)?

Also can you comment on the claimed max output of 2450 lumens? Do you have anything in that class to compare it to?

And can it work with flat tops?

Thanks, can.
The MT-G2 has the nicest tint, IMHO. I have the K40M which I love but it’s a little large and I’ve been looking for something smaller.
This just might be it :slight_smile:

I knew G30 will awesome MT-G2 choice for medium size light. Too bad we missed their introductory offer back in January. :frowning:

:frowning: Well that’s a major disappointment, and the main thing I would change.

So the quickest way to steady on turbo would be:
Press and release the rear switch, (memorized mode) then immediately another long press (turbo) release and turbo stays on without holding.

I own several different models, starting from the great XT11, of the Klarus brand and not once have I been disappointed.

It’s at par, if not better, than the other, more hyped brands, they’re just not as aggressive in bringing out newer models like Nitecore.

Then the only way to have turbo stay on (without holding the button in) is to scroll through all the modes up to turbo?

One word of warning for all fellow G30 aficionados though: It seems Klarus missed to properly lube the rotating contact element in the tailcap and on some of the G30s that lead to total destruction of the metal bolts when trying to unscrew the tailcap!
It is recommended to add some lube through the little holes or even disassemble the whole tailcap (see Klarus G30 | Taschenlampen Forum for images) and put some lubricant on the metal slide buttons.

Regards,
K.

There is currently a limited sale on Everbuying. The price is $53.99, which is tempting. However, I have read some bad reviews for Everbuying. Don’t know if it’s worth the risk.

freeme, do you think you’ll be able to get a similar price? I noticed G30 in the “Freeme Coupon Club” thread.

Today I received mine, ordered a month ago from Gearbest, same price. Now the price is about $70. A short review here. I am not associated in any way with Gearbest or Klarus, other than having ordered this flashlight from Gearbest.

Thank you can , I’m glad you like it, I’ll make a new thread soon.

Just FYI, the G30 is currently on flash sale for 52 USD at gearbest, hope it´s OK to give the link here:
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_279583.html?currency=GBP&gclid=CPiH2rHB0ssCFSco0wod0jMHpQ

Hey guys. I just received my G30 an hour ago and have been mucking around with it. Great feeling light. I have one problem - I cannot seem to get the side switch to operate. I’ve followed what it said on the manual, as in the 3 quick taps in succession to unlock it, but I get nothing.

Any ideas?

Seems like the side switch is defective… if it´s in locked mode the switch should blink when you try to press it.
I know what a pain that is to get a DOA light but I suppose you need to send it back for repair or exchange.
K.

Aw shucks, sounds like it’s defective as I get nothing from it. The battery indicator does work though and I get the battery indicator led come on.

Also, check this out. It’s all around the threads on the reflector end of the flashlight. It’s crystalline in nature :S

I think the QC may be out on my unit. It came covered in dust, the side switch seems not to work, they used crystal meth to lubricate the threads, and the LED is slightly off centre. Hah. The light seems to work well, though. I guess I’ll get in contact with GearBest.

EDIT: I centered the LED :slight_smile:

I have one coming from GearBest. I am looking forward to getting it.
What are you guys running in it for batteries? I’m am currently running the 3500 mah KeepPowers in my other 18650 lights but I really don’t want to buy 6 more of them for this one.

Bob