KLARUS OFFICIAL DECLARATION

Deleted.

You’re welcome. I think you made a wise choice to avoid this company in the future. Im just glad no one got injured. The community pulled together (as we always do) to help verify and expose ACEBEAM’s filthy secrets head-on. It seems that no one likes the idea of carrying around a bomb that might explode in their hands. Imagine that! :confounded:
Now ACEBEAM will no longer allow group buys. Simply because any time a community pulls together, ACEBEAM’s dirty little secrets always become exposed for the rubbish products they produce, and with very little (or nonexistent) customer support to amend the problems. This scenario is repeated over and over with several of their flashlight models. Their lights always seem great in concept and have tremendous photo appeal, but often fail miserably after being heat cycled. At least they make great shelf queens and paper weights for the feather duster.

You know, it’s funny about Acebeam. Their English written materials were so full of spelling and grammatical errors that I considered them unfit for public distribution. It’s not like it would cost a lot of money to have a someone halfway suitable look them over. When I see a company release something of this nature it always makes me wonder where else they cut corners. I guess here’s an example. More recently, they seemed to improve.

This thread reminds me of another.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?419677-WOW![](-WOW)-WOW!

[quote=FlashPilot]

Deleted. You may want to delete from your quote.

Well I see three companies that are a joke in this thread now. Acebeam still doesn’t know English, Advanced Knife Bro in his X70 review demonstrated that.

All this deleting is making my head hurt.

Wait, after you delete yours, will I have to delete mine, too? And what if someone else quotes me, will he have to delete his, too? And if someone else quotes him

I think the universe is about ready to explode…

Let me think about this for a moment…. Alright, I’ll go ahead and reply to your post now… so you can check back ever-so-often for my reply… as confirmation of our mutual understanding. Once you read this and verify that you have no further questions or misunderstands (aka: misgivings :person_facepalming: ), you may feel confident in deleting your post so that I may do the same with mine, thus erasing all traces of your original post and of your quoted post in which encapsulated my reply. :smiley:

Apologies to Mr. Admin for giving the server drives such a difficult workout. OK, I’ll delete this post now and recreate a better version worthy of deletion after this one has been deleted…

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

If you know of any dangerous fault on their X80, please let us know!

B&H Photo is an actual US based business (at least that is what Google told me, I don’t know this store). Retailers are responsible to not violate your statutory and/or any consumer protection rights (if there are any). As an example, a US based business would not be allowed to sell illegal items or items that are dangerous. Any age limits or verification would also have to be met by this retailer.

In this case, a manufacturer or brand from abroad is telling us that if you buy a product from any of the sales platforms above (which happen to be the biggest ones around), you won’t get any warranty on any of their products. However, since the sales platforms are also 3rd parties abroad I wouldn’t worry too much about any of this since most warranty claims aimed at an Asian company might be futile anyway. If we get an item that is DOA or breaks we can only hope that the large Chinese stores are lenient or that paypal would step in and help. The legal warranty framework you have in some jurisdictions like the EU typically don’t apply for companies or services from abroad.

When I buy a product from Asia I do it due to the price or based on the reviews I read on forums, amazon or similar. The warranty is the least of my worries and the products I buy are below 20 $US anyway. When something breaks I can throw it away or try to fix it (but even 1 hour of my life is worth a lot more than the value of that product).

2 days after the totally friendly official declaration they haven’t been able to answer this one question.

checked their website, guess what: there is no list of authorized dealers.
Or I didn’t find it.

Uh…yeah.

Do you even know what a “grey market item” is?

My point, and the reason why none of the people “taking a stand against Klarus” here have answered this question, is because such an item and what Klarus is now choosing to do are exactly the same thing. B&H photo has been selling such items for years, and nobody really whines about it. They’ve practically made their whole camera business selling such items. Oh sure, some folks that purchase on of these items and then have a problem with said item that they can’t get fixed through a warranty process carry on and on, but that is really the exception and not the rule. And just to be clear, I’ve had personal experience with a grey market item that wasn’t covered by the supposed “warranty” they offer on those items.

Being a “US based company” has zero anything to do with my question…

I do. But I do not know B&H Photo?

edit: Thanks for the additional text you put in. I think I have no idea that there are retail stores that sell items with no warranty or service? Unfortunately, I have never heard of or seen this store/concept.

Btw, I’m NOT saying that Klarus is right or wrong here. I’m just saying that a lot of folks are getting bent out of shape about really nothing -Especially those that post they won’t buy from Klarus AND say they never had any intention of buying one of their lights anyway. :person_facepalming:

They do provide a 1 year “warranty” on those items, but besides my experience, go to most any camera forum and you’ll find numerous examples of what I’m talking about. They are really one of the few places which sell such items, but to their credit, they do make it known which items are “grey.”

Who is Klarus?

I agree.
I am amazed how big need some people here have to tell us that they don’t own any Klarus light. And so what? I have three of them and each of them serves me well. I like Klarus XT12S XHP35 HI especially …
… and yes, it’s silly how Klarus announced this news. Without any further explanation etc. They could do this way better. But all the rest … how upset some people reacted … it’s just silly, from Klarus and from them, and nothing more than that.

I haven’t had any issues with Klarus . Matter of fact the are in the process of replacing the head on my ST15. The spring broke in the head and I soldered a brass button on it, showed them the pics and they said they would replace the head.

Everyone has to cry of complain about something these days . Cry, cry, cry, they should have done this. They should have done that. I wont do this. I wont do that. If it were me…… If I were them…….cry, cry, cry. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, sometimes I think it should be told to a mirror. Just my crazy opinion. Guess I fit in with the rest sometimes. Feel like I just did the same thing. :person_facepalming: