l just got back from drs.but iam morally feeling better thanks for wishes and prayers

Wow, thoughts and prayers from mizjif! Wishing you all of the best.

Hang in there and I hope for some better days for you.

Best of luck, LJ.
I know the walking pill-box feeling, having been at the mercy of various docs for the past few years.
I’m Type 2 diabetic, with a strong possibility of tipping over into Type 1 if I get careless.
I caught it in time to slow it down, but it’s a progressive thing, damn it. Too many smokes, pies, burgers and chips over the years, for me.
Anyway, you’re certainly not alone here, the shared common interest in lights seems to bring out the best (or the least worst :slight_smile: ) in most people.

Sorry to hear about the rough patch you’re in right now. Hang in there. Wishing and praying that things turn around for you soon.

My thoughts are with you, hoping for a healthy recovery.
Some of the most basic and rewarding mods are emitter swaps to more neutral or high CRI emitters. They also can be fairly easy to do if you buy the new emitter right on the star.
Some little things that make a difference is removing next-mode memory from an otherwise great light.
I’m on a copper star kick, so any mods I do involve one or more of them (either SinkPAD or Noctigon).
Other little things are:

• tailcap springs (adding copper braid)
  • fixing a tailstand (why does this boot stick out so far?)
  • AR coated glass (mostly because it’s neat looking)

There are quite a few things, and there’s a lot of info already on here. If you want help with tackling a mod, ask us some questions (PM if you prefer) and we’ll be glad to help.

I’d suggest learning to reflow onto a copper star and build your own pills to upgrade your fav lights. Very rewarding stuff that!

Dude, listen, stay focused on the positives and you’ll beat the negatives. Take a look at my handmade .50 Cal BMG light that I just made for Old-Lumens challenge. (DBCstm handmade build... Finished Light w/stand end of thread 6-21-13) I’d never done anything like that before! Stayed busy for days, now I want to do more. How is this relevant? I have a fairly severe muscle movement disorder that’s been trying to shake my brains out my ears for the last 14 years! At one point I had a torn left pectoral for 2 years, muscle spasms wouldn’t give me a break for nothing! My memory sucks because I’ve had thousands of mico-concussions (and some not so micro), and I take Ativan to knock me out when in the grips of the spasms…sort of my reset button.

Find something that you like, and throw yourself at it. What most of us don’t want to look at is the simple fact that we’re all here on borrowed time, so make the most of it and leave a legacy. Kick butt in the things folks say you can’t do! :slight_smile:

Okay how would I add copper braid to tail springs?im feeling a lot better today the shock has worn off I’ve taken meds they make me sleepy and tired but God willing I can live with it :slight_smile: these here lights are great and I see a lot of ther peoe have afflictions and this is therapy for them and im willinng to try. Thanks my spirits are much higher than yesterday now I have to try an d turn my c8s into a flame thrower !

Never give up and never give in! Don’t let fear take over. Tenacity is a virtue.

I’m very glad you feel better! :slight_smile:

Hope you get better man.

I will post my How-To on tail springs tonight. I’ve been meaning to for over a month.
Edit: here it is Enjoy! :beer:

You’ve already been through a lot, you can do this too. Keep your head up and keep moving forward.
Let us know if the new meds work.
Good luck and God Bless

And see dr.Friday soo ill let everyone know thanks for prayers I personally believe they help a lot and Relic thanks for the spf ing post where could I get som 2mm braid? Edit: I am doing great today after sho k set in yesterday I awoke with a new attitude , there are many people we don’t hear of on this forum who have serious health issuea that nevr complain they are grateful fof each new day and this forum along with new projects new torches, reading new reviews makinv relevant comments and we never hear them utter once of their physical maladies which makes me grateful for where I am and support of people I yet to meet who share a common love and aresupportive of newbie who barely knows how to put his pPanasonic 18650’s the right way in my c8 thanks I know feel I have enough strength to se what lays ahead knowing iam not facing this alone and there are people here who suffer far greater than ill ever comprhend but I will take you guys up on any tutorials on modding!!

I’ve been using Goot Wick lately, came with my hot air reflow station. I like this over my precious Soder-Wick brand because it less expensive and the Soder-Wick actually works for its intended purpose; removing solder. :smiley:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?\_odkw=got+wick&\_osacat=0&\_from=R40&\_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xgoot+wick&\_nkw=goot+wick&\_sacat=0
I’ve never bought it from eBay yet, so I can’t recommend a seller.
Edit: one 1.5m roll will last a long time, no need to buy a 10-pack.

I’ve never bought from this seller, but this is the stuff I have. Mine has an ‘F’ at the end of the CP-2015 though. Not sure what it means.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-ft-2mm-Desoldering-Braid-Solder-Remover-Wick-GOOT-/190520743120?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5bebd4d0

Fastech sells it in many thicknesses: http://www.fasttech.com/search?goot

This thread proves how good this forum is, in another over”moderated” forum this thread will be deleted in one minute……

Lj, I hope you recovery fast and if will do walks, do into the night to test your lights, preferably in “zero-light condition” :bigsmile:

Ps: may I can post here CPF sucks? :zipper_mouth_face: :bigsmile:

Awesome, there it is right at Fasttech! Thanks JM!
The 2.0mm is probably the best for most springs. 1.5mm might fit better in smaller springs.

God Bless Brother. Such a difficult thing to endure and I can timagine your thoughts at this moment. Thank you for sharing some personal information with us and know that we ALL FEEL FOR YOU. It’s always touching to see everyone group together for something as simple as a few kind words from our mouths to gods ears.
Whether or not the individuals believe in god or prayer, their thoughts are with you.
I wish you the best of luck with all your struggles, and wish you all the happiness you can recieve. Remember the little things that bring you joy, pain and struggle only makes those things more enjoyable.

A staunch believer in prayer thank you for yours and again there are ma y others who never post about their health issues a d also keep ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS in prayer but. I would like to mention this is why iam glad this is the only forum I belong to! Great people and attitudes here which I am grateful for