L50 (YINDING) found out to be 6000K 95CRI

@1stein Is it possible to send one of these ‘95 CRI’ samples to me so I can measure it in my sphere? (The LEDs you linked are not available in Germany from this seller.)

2 Thanks

Yes. I’d love to verify this. PM me with your coordinates.

1 Thank

Done!

Edit: What strikes me about the picture with the LED in the reflector is that the phosphor looks much more orange than is the case with an LED with low color rendering. The luminous surfaces of my ‘Yinding 5050 glass’ in 5500-6000 K are clearly more yellow-green than the LED shown here.
Although the Opple is not exactly the most precise piece of measurement technology, I think at least 85 to 90 CRI is realistic. Let’s see if I can determine the luminous flux characteristic so that I can compare it with the 70 CRI version.

Update:
Both LEDs just sent to Koef.

I’ve also checked my Opple3 against other leds and it seems to be working as usual - readings quite consistent with the specs. So I’m really curious what kind of a trick is this.

5 Thanks

Thank you for your contribution to science. I think they are indeed R90. I’m curious to see the output and Vf.

I assume these high CRI ones don’t have the green tint? I’ve got a Speras M4 that is horribly green/ yellow on the lower brightness settings, it supposedly uses this LED.

I don’t know to be honest.
All I can tell is just subjective feeling that it’s not as green as SST-20 or SST-70 and it’s blueish when overdriven.

You’d know if it was like it. It’s not a slight colour tint problem- that’s only visible if you really look for it. It’s like it hasn’t got a white LED fitted on the lowest setting! :laughing: A dirty green/ yellow spot with a whiter ring.

But it is a thrower and a very impressive one for it’s size. On the higher settings it’s not noticeable outside.

This will give you an idea what it’s like:

Maybe it was this L50 in the picture? :rofl:

No it wasn’t that much green. It’s a disaster in that picture :face_with_peeking_eye:

The picture isn’t lying either- if anything it may be worse in person!

Hence, I’d be really interested in swapping the current emitter to something better (less green.) As long as the >600m throw isn’t penalised. But there are so many of these “L50” / “Yindings” out there that’s is very confusing what would actually be better.

Yes. It’s kind of lottery. But since I’m in possession of Lee Zirkon minus green filters from Boaz I kind of enjoy this lottery.

I have the same bin, it is not green and the light is more beautiful than the sft40 6500k.
I have other en in s2+. All photos is in 1% mode.

2 Thanks

I got two of these ‘High CRI Yinding 5050’ LEDs from @1stein - thank you for this.

tl;dr: it is defintely high CRI, over 90. R9 over 70. Very nice tint.

Here are my findings:

• very high Ra and R9
  • it is definitely High CRI
  • very nice tint if cool white is preferred (over 6600 K measured)
  • very nice light quality in reflectors like the old ‘Yinding’ 5050 glass.
  • extremely nice tint, basically perfect on BBL

In general the spectrum is the same like from another LEDs in same CRI and CCT type, for example this LED has basically the same spectrum as the B35AM in 6500 K which I tested earlier.

Tbh, this LED is one of the best thrower LEDs ever released. Too bad that this LED is not available from a reliable reseller and no datasheet is available (as usual from Chinese manufacturers).

4 Thanks

Excellent news, I will write to the store to send me exactly the same bin in the next order

I don’t think you will get any response about that. (At least not a useful information)

It is almost impossible to get any reliable information about this Chinese made emitter. Maybe due to political reasons, I don’t know

I don’t think so, that store always fulfills the orders I have made, they even sent me photos of the LEDs before sending them. It’s a good store, but you have to talk to them before they ship otherwise they will send you a random LED.

If you mean this ‘Shenzhen Silver ingot’ Store from Aliexpress, they don’t deliver to Germany, so I cannot confirm this.

My pleasure. I’m thankful you got it tested.
The lesson from this case comes that these family of leds can be high CRI with a nice tint.

And the funny thing is I’ve bought it as a regular leds. No CRI was advertised.

3 Thanks

I have one of these weird, round-die LEDs. It came from a pair of free headsets I got hold of…

It is obviously something different than the example tested here, but remarkably Opple rates it around 10,000K and ~85-90 CRI range. I think I saw someone else test one of these around 10,000K as well, possibly calling it L70 or L90?

I will have to pull it and test more. And get pictures…

Sure, here’s their specs

:laughing:

BALL?

Anyway I’ve dropped them a message asking if they still have the same batch. The downside is whatever the answer would be I won’t be sure what I’ll get until testing it.