Lets see your budget knife collection.

I think you mean the SRM 902?

Thanks for the link Vectrex. I can now take another 9 series SRM off my list. Unless I'm mistaken you also have a 908. Do you recall where you found it?

Looking further in that fellow's store (World Shop Knife Wholesale) I found something called a GB9-908 but it doesn't look much like the SRM 908 I can see on SRM's site, even though the blade has LAND on it. Anyone know if this is just one we haven't seen before, or is it possible that another manufacturer is making fake SRM's?!?

It's a fake.

Vectrex, I take you'd recommend the el-01 over the 902 for the same price?

The EL01 tops everything else by a landslide when quality is your main criteria, but to be honest these are two completely different animals ... size classes, weight, sleekness. Very different knives... I would say buy them both. Hard to say which one first... EL01 is better, but the 902 might be gone soon.

Pics 2,3 describe best what I mean by "size difference". BTW L02 arrived from BOB .. I really like their delivery speed. (~1 week)

Is there any good places to pick this up, other than exduct? shipping is a little steep from them.

Discovery Bargain has it cheaper ,but people have sometimes very bad experience with them. Just ask Fishinfool about them, but be prepared to read through pages of ranting. If you are willing to take the risk, make sure to bombard them with your full shipping address, their software seems to forget half of it. Customer service seems to be very different on a day to day basis. But I bought 2 EL01 from them to get free registered shipping and they arrived fast and in very good condition. Boomhauer described his way of ordering from them here. So overall a high risk investment, but I haven't lost money by ordering from them. 4 packages arrived and 1 refund through PP.

Take a look in this thread:

Thanks for the link. I just read that thread about twenty minutes ago.

first they took your guns , then your knives . not to mention the big brother cameras

there was a time when you could overthow a goverment when they got too big for their britches.

these days they have more power ...

Sure we have all seen V , guess you can make people do anything with fear . once you give them something to fear - good video BTW. makes it obvious how the sensationalized media distracts and misleads

we are infinitely better off than so many people from past and present - but that doesnt mean we are there yet.

I think it's time to show you my knives. Most of them are well known so I name only a few of them.

On the right side: My first real knife as a 12-13 years old boy: Linder Pfadfinder.

The next knife is a "Extrema Ratio" of China - my first little knife before I know SRM, Enlan and Co.

A really nice knife is the Sanrenmu T-01A with the tools. It's my car knife. Maybe I will write a review in the next weeks about it.

On the left side:

A Navy Knife K-608 - really similar to the Cherusker Messer Lapu Lapu Corto. Take a look at youtube for Bram Frank and LLC - he shows, what you can do with it.

I wanted to buy another knife, but haven't much time and took the wrong. Now I have it.

The next is the Navy Knife K-507 - looks a little bit like the small brother of the Enlan EL-02B (the next knife) - G10, stonewahed blade.

My favorite knives are: The Sanrenmu T-01A and the Enlan EL-02B (maybe I will change the blade with the EL-02, if I could handle it). The 704 is nice, but the 702 looks a little bit better. I will order one in 1-2 weeks.

SRM GB4-612

SRM 710

Lapin Puukko Leuku knife 3 (not really budget knife, paid about $27 over 10 years ago, now costs $36)

Enlan EL01A hopefully on it's way here.

EDIT: Came today.

After taking your guns, I heard criminals are operating gleefully. I heard crimes involving firearms are up. Like shooting fish in a rain barrel...

What in the hell are your legislators thinking?

Ignorance? Stupidity? What money-mongers are responsible for this travesty?

Sounds like legislation back to the stone age; sticks and rocks don't make such good self-defense weapons, when criminals come at you well-armed?

Like there, we have our share of crazies here. Too bad we are in the midst of disarming the general public as well.

Rant off!

Updated post #57 with EL06, SRM 707, SRM 718 and SRM 681

I don't have much knives, but here are some:

I like small knives, they're easier to carry.

It's been a while since I took that picture, so this is maybe 80% of my collection. Let me know If you'd like to see all of them

Three little black beasts...

Thanks dimlux

That is not the url for the image, you need to use the direct link for the image (http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/8963/20120417163641800x600.jpg), like this (dimensions set to 75%):

If you still have problems try reading step one and two in this post. Just ignore the stuff about mouse over.

Not really. German EDC laws are almost the same as UK, but not the same.

We can have non-one-handed locking blades up to 120mm and the islanders are pretty much "slipjointers". When I remove the thumstuds, I can make many liner lock/back lock knives "legal to carry" here. The UK laws seem pretty much dictated by the Murdoch tabloids.

In Spain 11cm max of lenght blade and not allowed automatic knives, double edges etc. And depend of the place too, it isn't the same the city than the car than the night city crowd, depend of the policeman mind.