Lithium-ion Moli IMR-26700A 2900mAh 3.8V Cylindrical High Power Cells

I agree with you for normal current level usage. I have an Accucel-6 and should test some of them. Do you know how indicative of internal resistance remaining capacity is?

To be honest with you, I really want to know the manufacture date irregardless of testing. Both for knowing the age of my cell and also for verifying "new" cells are in fact new.

You guys know way more than me about batteries, how to test them, etc. I can see if testing results are available, and if so I can request this information and pass it on. Otherwise, one of those of you who are good at such testing can do the tests. I am told that each battery goes through a very stringent QC process.

As far as the manufacture date goes, I can see if I can find out. However, these are brand new, as I said, not used. I decided to go with the very best quality batteries (and more expensive).

I can tell you, from using this battery, it has far less internal resistance than any other 26650 I’ve used.

Later on, I will also get some of the ‘plain wrapper’ brown cardboard covered batteries as well, and you guys can do the testing. Supposedly these are of same specs.

Thanks,
Wayne

In the past I have used a .1 ohms resistor, measured the voltage reading across it, and multiply by 10 to get the amperage. Seemed more accurate than the DVM measurement itself. Anyway, I do have one of these batteries somewhere, trying to find it.

I will leave the testing to one of you. I do not have the set up to do so, and I also do not think I’m adequately qualified to do the testing.

I hope to place an order for the batteries next week, so would have them in before the end of the month. I’m hoping that I can get a few more of you to buy some. (So far I’ve sold about 20 or so.)

Thanks,
Wayne

Am I right in assuming these unprotected flat-tops? Roughly how much is shipping? Rats, I missed the half day with free shipping.

Thank you Mr. Lumens. Sounds like a great quick and dirty test.

I think Rufus was trying to help me check my existing cells as I am trying to decide if I should buy some new ones from you. I don't think he was talking about testing the new ones you are offering.

Just to be clear. I have no doubt that the cells you are offering will be new. You have a well-deserved, solid reputation. That being said, I don't think it is an unreasonable question to ask the manufacture how and where to read the date code. I appreciate you trying to get that info.

For small quantity I believe First Class shipping can be selected, which is not too expensive, and it does have tracking.

This battery has no protection circuitry in it. Usually IMR type batteries do not need it and do not have it. This battery is designed to vent the gasses out of the battery, should it ever have a problem, and there should not be a fire, as in Lithium Iron Phosphate, for example.

For a specific shipping rate, you can email me and I should be able to tell you. Or, when you place the order, or are in the process, the cost is calculated. Usually figure on between $5.50 to $6.50 for priority, and perhaps about 1/2 that for First Class.

Wayne

Thanks, I'll get at least one for my HD2010, still thinking about what else I have that would benefit.

I found one IMR-26700A battery, of which I purchased about a year or so ago. It has maybe up to 20 charge/discharge cycles on it. I decided to put it up on eBay, starting at auction of $1.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141041630345

Wayne

That picture really got me laughing. It hilarious! :slight_smile:

Wayne

Forgot to ask if these will work in series but I just pre-ordered 4.

Yes, they will work in series. Just need to be sure all are equally charged.

Wayne

(Likewise the green cells marked ending in 240803 were manufactured on the 240th day of 2008)

The date code for our cells is as follows;

FSPE800XX.YYYZAB
XX = Model Number
YYY = Day of manufacture
Z = year (0-9, A=10, B=11, ect.)
AB = Daily Batch number.

I’ll present the information presented in the linked post, to the company I am intending to purchase from. The part I found interesting is the date of manufacture, for the batteries I purchased in January of 2012. The were 4 years old at the time. It is stated in the thread that E-One Moli has a MOQ of 10K.

I will see what the date of manufacturer is on the batteries I’m looking to buy is. If there is a problem with this sale, I will, of course, stop the sale and refund the monies, if that is the consensus, or, offer this option.

The batteries I have purchased performed awesome, and I never heard of anyone saying different. But, I had no idea of how old they are.

Wayne

Wayne I think these cells are probly at least real, its hard to fake performance. It would be nice to get a manufacture date on them. Way to keep on top of this stuff man. Its nice to have someone willing to be diligent about sourcing quality products in our corner.

Well, we can read the codes on the batteries now, so, it’s easy to know what we’re getting. As long as it all up front and we know what we’re getting when we buy it, then it’s cool.

Wayne

vestureofblood wrote:

. . . Way to keep on top of this stuff man. Its nice to have someone willing to be diligent about sourcing quality products in our corner.

Credit goes to B42. I asked several times for this information with no answer.

I agree with you 4wheelr, B42 did a tremendous job digging up the needed information on this cell. You had a good idea asking about the manufacture date ( I had never even thought of that). I also applaud Waynes effort in taking this new information to find out what is being sold by his supplier. When we all work together as a team like this we are sure to win :)

Hi Guys,

Below is a recap of what I was told from the company I am buying the Moli 26700A batteries. I had sent them the quote from B42’s thread which contains a quote from the E-One Moli company exec. Below is a summary the response I received:

1) Cells are manufactured in 2008. This company ended up with the stock from a company that had transferred inventory to them, then the company had problems, and then the other company had financial issued and this company gained possession of the inventory.
2) Cells are unused stock (not recycled from a battery pack), in original boxes
3) Cells are kept in cold storage
4) Cells are currently being used to build battery packs for golf carts, mowers, marine applications, etc.

At first I put the exact quote in here, then decided it might reveal too much information about the companies involved, and the exact products, etc etc.

Because these batteries are new and unused and in original boxes, and because they have been properly stored in cold storage, and are currently being used to produce new power packs for powerful electric devices, and I am assured they are of the topmost quality, and we do know what we are getting, without any question, I plan to continue with the sale of this product.

Hope this resolves any questions about the batteries I’m selling. If you have any further questions, you can email or phone me.

Wayne

Anybody got theirs yet? I’ve ordered on the 2 on the 21st & won that ebay bid on 26th. I know there’s labor day, but shipping is pretty slow?

Here’s link to usps status. Screenshot by Lightshot

I dont believe Wayne expected to ship any of the new batch before the 15th september