Lithium-ion Moli IMR-26700A 2900mAh 3.8V Cylindrical High Power Cells

You can complain when you see:

Processed through USPS Sort Facility Guam

Well honestly I was hoping he has them on stock if he’s promoting them, not Sept. 13th. I’ve always awanted to try 10+ amp powerizer or moli cells. but if it’s shipping by snail mail I woulda added 5-10 more bucks. You kidding about Guam right? lol.

This is a pre-sale, batteries will not ship before September 1, but will ship by September 15, 2013.

If you have any questions, email me: waynej@elektrolumens.com

seems pretty clear to me, its only the 5th so I’d be surprised but impressed if they have already shipped.

Will these work in the Mag with your Triple XM-L2? One at a time of course. You made reference to them frying 3 XM-Ls in direct drive, should I not use one of these? Or would I have to add some resistance? Am interested, just don’t know if it’ll cause more harm than good.

Wayne was up front about taking orders to fund the purchase. Of course they're shipped by snail mail, can't email a battery.

Yes, kidding about Guam but I wouldn't put it past the USPS.

The stuff I’m anxiously waiting for from California has taken 3 so far and isn’t even in Texas yet.

I need to extend out the delivery date from 9/15 to 9/30. I do hope this does not present a problem to anyone. I will be placing the order for the batteries by end of this week, might have them by 9/20, but, sometimes customs can hold things up a bit.

My apologies for the delay.

Wayne

I may be interested in 3-4 myself but not at this time as money is super tight. It really depends on if they will fit in my TR-S700 as it has been modded to direct drive in high and the high amperage of these would really let the 7 LEDs in the light pull hard from the 3*26650 parallel cells. 70mm plus another mm or two for a contact nipple might be too much for the light. I will have to measure.

not a problem for me Wayne, they get here when they get here.

How are you getting them shipped from China through the lithium crackdown?

USPS has restrictions on Lithium batteries, but UPS, Fedex, DHL, allow shipments of Lithium Ion non-primaries, in international shipments. I don’t know what or if the restrictions are for primary Lithium batteries, but I never buy this kind. Anyway, not buying these from China, but from Canada. Mainly I’m waiting for enough orders to come in to cover the costs, and/or, sales of some more flashlights.

I always wondered about that: How come we can buy Lithium Batteries from China / Hong Kong, and they ship by USPS mail? Never questioned it because I was glad to get the batteries, but, just wondered about it?

Shipping domestic is fine with USPS, but supposed to put labels indicating Li-Ion non-primary batteries. And then, it’s slower than a boat to China on land. :slight_smile:

Wayne

Most flashlights SHOULD accommodate for variances in 26650 battery length. Some 26650’s with protection circuitry are pretty long. If the battery compartment allows for 2100mm +/-, should work. Might be able to mod the tail cap, etc. One inch is about 25mm.

Also, these do not have a nipple, but are flat both ends. However, the flat on the positive end is slightly raised, and these batteries do work in series. Always make sure all batteries are charged evenly, as one dead cell in with fresh charged cells, as with any Li-Ion, might cause a fire.

These batteries make a huge difference in direct drive applications. You’ll have to watch the power level. Putting one of these into Big Bruiser direct drive will fry the LEDs pretty quickly. I always put in about .1 ohms resistance into Big Bruiser, or, about .5 ohms into flashlights with LEDs in series. Always watch for a shift in color towards blue. If you see even a slight shift in color, shut it down, it’s probably damaging the LEDs. When the LEDs go south, usually it’s only one that dies, I think it’s the first in the series that blows. To use the 26700A, you might need to add a bit of resistance back in, or, maybe if you use Sinkpad boards, it might be able to sink the heat?

Wayne

I don't know why I thought they were coming from China, seems like everything is lately. I guess my brain defaults to China unless it's obviously not.

I finally made payment for the batteries. Thank you to all who have already placed and order, and are being patient, and also, to those who will hopefully also order some of these batteries. I should have these mid next week some time (assuming customs does not hang things up). Usually the shipment goes smooth and is timely, so at this time I do expect to begin shipping your orders before the end of next week.

Thanks,
Wayne

thats great news wayne - it looks like i should be able to have my BB along with 4 of these puppies for my 10/5 trip :slight_smile:

I cant wait to try these in my direct drive trj19, should be killer and it looks like my 32650 cells are going to be heavily delayed.

Be careful going direct drive with this battery, I have burned up LEDs that were fine DD with ordinary 26650 batteries.

Is there a thread somewhere about the Sinkpad circuit boards, that is, has anyone verified their effectiveness?

Wayne

yes, quite a few have tested both sinkpads and Noctigon boards. I believe the limit on an xm-l2 was about 9a being sensible.

I’ve got three noctigon mounted dedomed xm-l2’s in series with a direct drive on high driver. I’ll be testing with a meter before I unleash it but I doubt I’ll see 9a/emitter, we’ll see I guess.

Yep, POOF would be easy to do with an XML direct drive with these on a standard aluminum MCPCB. I personally have tested XML2 on a 20mm sinkpad inside a flashlight to over 6000 ma. At 6 amp there is still a positive return on output at the 1 minute mark with good heat sinking. Above that your not gaining anything really by driving them harder.

i have a k40 from vinh with an xml2 on copper running reliably and about 1700 lumens (xml2 is dedomed) at 6.5amps