Lithium-ion Moli IMR-26700A 2900mAh 3.8V Cylindrical High Power Cells

Triple XMLs in parallel present a different load to the cell, and don't run into the same Vf wall as a single cell with a single LED. I'd love to see a DD single LED test between one of these and other common cells.

Wish I could use cells as long as these, but I don't think 3 will fit in a 3D Mag (or will they?) without altering/replacing the stock switch housing to gain some extra space, even after reworking the tailcap.

edit: Just did some measuring and they would technically fit, but man, it would need a tailcap spring that'd be so short you couldn't really call it a spring.

edit2: Total length would be 1.125" longer than 3 D alkalines. Yikes.

my three xm-l2’s are in series with three cells in series feeding them (dry driver)

their in a trj 19 which has a good mass to it and their on Noctigon boards. I’ll be interested to do a tailcap reading but I actually plan to run this light on feilong 32650 cells.

26700A Moli Batteries are in

Wayne

That is an awesome sight to see!

YES!!!

is that just my shipment? :bigsmile:

You’re looking at 100 batteries, which can supply 4000 amps at 4.2 volts, or, 1000 amps at 42 volts. :slight_smile:

Wayne

Shouldn't it be 400A@42v?

Either way, don't stick your tongue in the box.

Oh, sorry for the bad math.

Anyway, you could double bank them, for 800A and 42V. That would only be 80 of the batteries, though. This would never ever be done withou tons of electrical protection circuitry. Uh, I doubt it would ever be done anyway. They do use this battery in electric golf carts and some electric powered cars, but I don’t know the voltage and amperage they use.

Wayne

800A@42V is 10s20p, you'd need 200 cells.

Probably wouldn't want to EDC that light anyway. Need a bigger keychain.

Okay, you’re right, 400A at 42v.

Definitely pushing the limits of a EDC flashlight.

If I make a 400A flashlight, this might prompt the government to legislate restrictions on portable lighting?

Wayne

You could introduce a new class - Backpack Flashlights!

With a 12V jack in case you need to jump start your car.

Got my shipping notice today!

me 2 :slight_smile:

i got a nw big bruiser xml2 coming too!

Arrived, well packaged. :wink:

mine too! all brand new~! both @ 3.85 volts! Also covered in a thin plastic clear wrap!

Organic beans 15oz., $1.59!

(The newspaper ad my cells were wrapped in.)

All 3.84V, no plastic wrap.

I ordered 4 batteries but only received 2

Other 2 are on way, sorry about not combining.

Wayne