Looking to HIRE Someone to Make Me a Custom Flashlight

Who do I have to be to get my hands on some? If the thing exists, someone must be able to get them. No?

No, not unless you want to order a few 1000s of them…

Oh phoo. But, if I could get some, how many would I need?

And, what does the LH351D 90CRI part mean? Is it important? :blush:

There are other easier options.

Your main concern is finding someone to put it together for you

For 1000 lumens continous, and 20000 burst lumens constant operation?

I’d say about 20. Doable, but you would have to get someone to modify the head to actually get more heatsinking, like in this:

And at 100W of power consumption for 10000 lumens, to get 3 hours of constant runtime, you’d need about 24*18650. So, about 3 sets of tubes.

Doable, and actually physically possible. You do need to pay a guy like DB Custom to build you a one off light though.

And 90CRI is better color rendition, and a FULLER SPECTRUM OF COLORS.

100CRI is like pure sunlight, so if you can get as close as possible to that, that would be better.

Ask DB Custom or Skylumen on his website to get you to build you a one off light perhaps :slight_smile:

Hmmm. Unless she’s actually a giant bug?

:open_mouth:

There are 25000K LEDs for aquariums and the like. “White” light, but with a heavy blue content.

[quote=Lightbringer]

Aaaaaagh! You found me out!

Kelvins

They like the bright white into blue and on into UV part of the spectrum. Bugs, that is. Not me. Bugs.

How do I add an image to a post?

This might help - How to Post Images on BLF

Yeah, but how’d you do it?

Lol, it’s explained in the thread I linked :wink:

D’oh! Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/XRbdVEp

Nope, that didn’t work.

When using Imgur you need to find the embed code. In this case it’s in the menu bar of the picture on imgur (three little dots in the bottom right of the picture). Copy the code it gives you and paste it here

Result is this image

And that’s why I recommended the 25000K LEDs. They’re not monochromatic blue, but do have a layer of phosphor to get some of the rest of the spectrum, but heavily biased toward the blue end. Ie, as if sunlight were filtered through lots of seawater. Hence, their use in aquariums, for growing coral, etc.

Cathy, you used the insert link button (looks like a blue globe with chain in front). Use the insert picture button (two to the right, looks like a sunset). Then paste your link in there and it should show up. Be sure your link ends with jpg. Then use the preview button below the box to make sure it looks OK. I usually put a value of 50% or 75% in the size box so the picture isn’t too big.

You all are so patient with me. I appreciate it.