Lost about 3 dozen tabs in firefox failure/crash, looking for a solution

You can but bookmarking every few mins is not practical, you end up with dozens if not hundreds of folders of bookmarks to clear out every day.

Man, how much private tabbing do you do?

Bookmark according to date. ie: name the folder the date. Put all todays bookmarks in there. Make it easier to find, like a history. Put those folders in a folder called I do way too much private tabbing to keep the bookmarks list less cumbersome.

i also like to avoid targeted advertising, if i look up a flashlight i use a private tab so i don’t get inundated with advertising for flashlights
i used to bookmark regular tabs as well, then spend a while every few days cleaning out bookmarks, its very annoying

Ads? The internet has ads?

Adblock plus. Add element hider helper and you can selectively remove entire elements, not just ads. Really streamlines sites you visit often.
Add ghostery if you really hate tracking.

Is your use of private tabs to avoid targeted advertising or also general tracking? It won’t really prevent tracking these days. Zombie cookie / Evercookie, Device fingerprint, Canvas fingerprinting.

[spock] fascinating [/spock]

Click on the three stripes in the upper right corner on Firefox portable select options then applications. Under Adobe change the permissions to always ask. This will prevent the crashes. Running more than three adobe applications will always crash your browser and there can be three running on one page. Go to addons.mozilla.org and search for scrapbook by Gomita. Add this to firefox then press alt k to make it show up on the side. You can save each web page and recover them later.

Another great addon to firefox is Smoothwheel
https://addons.mozilla.org/sv-SE/firefox/addon/smoothwheel/

Just try it, it is like lube for your mousewheel :slight_smile: i can’t browse without it, it just makes every scroll silky smooth.