<< Lume X1: 40W Single-Cell Boost Driver with Anduril2 and UDR >>

https://www2.mouser.com/c/?q=ledil%20olga

A copper sheet, a handsaw and some files.

Can this driver be used with 4x leds setup like 4x 519a?

Any boost driver can (must) be used with any 3V leds in series.

Would this driver fit in a FW1A?

I haven’t been here for a while… is the Lume X1 available for sale by anyone yet? Or is there another ultra dynamic range boost driver on the market? I know about the new Hank drivers, but I am given to understand that their lower limit is still quite bright. I’ve always been fascinated by a light that can be so dim that you can barely tell it’s on with dark adapted eyes but also so bright that you can light up a field in daylight. :stuck_out_tongue:

I read this post every 2 month because it’s a very beautiful project and because I want this driver in production. Please produce loneoceans drivers. Please please please produce very good product

Loneoceans seems like busy with work so I asked on email to him. He says that the problem right now is parts shortages for things like Attiny and switching regulator ICs, so it is not possible for any sort of mass production of driver that would be reasonable cost. Hopefully the parts shortage will improve soon!

I know I know… we have chip world problem

Guys. Finally in couple of month we will see this driver in new fireflyes flashlights

Any news for large mass production?

It looks like Fireflies will be using it in the next flashlight called the ‘X1’ or similar, expected to come out end of this year or early next year. Based on online reviews, the newly updated E07X and E12R flashlights are already using a improved lume1 driver with ‘UDR’ mode as well. We do not know much detail about it yet, but it sounds like Fireflies is working on the final processes for production. It is definitely something that I am planning to buy if it turns out anything like this project.

Thank you. I hope Loneoceans will release a pdf manual like Lume1

Does any current Firefly Lite use a lume1 driver? Is the recently released T1R the light that was earlier referred to as the ‘X1’? I’m not too familiar with this brand, thanks in advance for any info!

Their lights with Lume drivers now use UDR, so they have (very) low moonlight, which is the main feature of LumeX1. Right now they only have buck+FET drivers but they have an upcoming light with boost driver and XHP (don’t remember if 50 or 70)

Yes, the E07x, E12R, Nov-Mu, T9R and T1R all use LoneOceans new updated Lume 1 driver. It now has even better efficiency than before, as well as the new ultra low moonlight mode that LoneOceans has named…Firefly Mode. Needless to say, it is stupendously low.

Anyway, again, yes, quite a few Fireflies lights use the brand New Updated Lume 1 driver.

The next upcoming Fireflies light that will use yet another Lume driver, is called the X1. It will be a boost driven XPH70.3 light and it appears it will have the Lume X1 driver fromthis thread. Except it will be full-sized like LoneOceans intended. This one here had to be made smaller due to host constraints.

The Fireflies X1 will be a 21700 Single emitter/reflector pocket thrower that will
Come with at least AUX LED’s and on-board charging. Aside from that we don’t know much else.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

1 Thank

I just received the new NOV-MU and E12R. They have ULTRA DIM moonlight mode compared to their earlier versions where moonlight was more like 5-10 lumens. I’m trying to confirm with Jack if these are using the latest LUME1 driver with the up to 98% efficiency but I haven’t received a response yet. The lights are very efficient, not that the older ones weren’t. They can sustain high lumens probably better than any other lights of its size range. The only improvement I want to see is a smaller button bulge in the NOV-MU. The Olight Baton Pro Max has the perfect side switch that doesn’t get accidentally activated in the pocket.

Yes those sound like the new driver, I saw a comparison photo where the old driver is yellow and the new one is black. Loneoceans made a post here about the details. GitHub - loneoceans/lume1-ff-6af: Anduril Firmware for the Lume1-FF-6AF Flashlight Driver
There are some description of the difference between the two but he doesnt claim that it is 98% efficient (he says greater than 95), though I think some people have done measurements before and even the original one is over 97 efficient at some levels. It is true that lots of people have comments about the button, so I hear that Fireflies will be changing it.

Jack sent me an efficiency curve of the new driver. It is over 95% for the majority of the range and peaks at about 98%. The Loneocean driver is really amazing. Can’t wait to see what the LUMEX does.

Good to hear, I just ordered an E12R a couple of days ago. Just wondering, how long did yours take to deliver to the U.S.?

I know relatively nothing about electronics, any way to tell what driver update….are there visible differences or only machine measurable?

I’m probably looking at a NOV-MU, too, but they only had the 2000k. They said next batch slated for April……