Lumintop Mach soda can style flooder with a fan! (8xXHP50.2, 3x21700)

Lumintop kindly gave me a Lumintop Mach for review when I visited them in May.

Here is my review:

5 Thanks

So there were no artifacts with the fan being in the front like that? No doughnut?

1 Thank

Wow that is very original, good job Lumintop.

2 Thanks

You can get a donut by holding it up close to a wall on moonlight but it blends into a hotspot without a donut at a greater distance (e.g. one metre). I haven’t noticed any donut pattern on higher modes.

I don’t use flashlights this large (or this expensive), but it does look pretty impressive. :grinning:

1 Thank

Nice review! The price on this had gone down quite a bit from MSRP. It is a better deal than just about every fan cooled light out there, even at $200+

1 Thank

It looks like Lumintop has also created a version using a single large 46950 cell (Mach 4695) instead of 3x21700: Lumintop Mach 46950 USB TYPE-C 26000 Lumens Powerful Searching Flashlight – flashlightgo.

This listing claims 23000 mAh capacity.

1 Thank

I thought 26800 was big :rofl:

Is anyone going to make a 46950 charger? :thinking:

46950, now thats cool.

1 Thank

I have the Amutorch DM90S on my desk with this battery. 32000 mAh advertised on the battery. I haven’t started testing though.

1 Thank

There are two versions, Mach 4695 has a built-in non-removable battery. If the battery is replaced, only the battery pack can be replaced. The upgraded Mach 4695 V2 battery is detachable. I checked this link and upgraded it to V2 version.

3 Thanks

Looks the same as the Amutorch battery with the combined +/- on the top.

I think I’ll stick with standard 21700 cells :sweat_smile:

1 Thank

21700 is popular, 46950 is powerful

2 Thanks

You’re really oy getting an advantage in runtime. The current handling is similar amd unremarkable for a large li-ion. You’d need much larger lifep04 or AGM batteries or something like 2S5P for better CDR. Im waiting on a charging adapter (it was missing from the package) to test the DM90S with the 46950 battery. In the interim, I’m essentially trickle charging in at 750 mA woth my jury rigged s4+ to see if i can test it.

This battery is very new to flashlights and needs more support (chargers mainly) and electronics to take advantage of all they can offer.

You’re right :+1: hope it can be verified and popularized

1 Thank

These cells are set to be the new wave of EV and home power storage.

With the last one having a good set of specs also listed in the comment section. These batteries derive their capacity from a 1/3C drain. Some of these cells are Iron phosphate most are Lithium-ion.

This is part of the electrified future for sure. However, widespread adoption is still in it’s infancy really, amd hasn’t really trickeled down to consumers yet. The batteries are out but the main market is EVs right now. For our flashlights, there’s none besides maybe the Imalent products like the SR32 with multiple 21700s in Series/parallel and even with current drivers don’t take full advantage of these big batteries. Its not until you get into the 800 watt realm where these shine. would be neat to see someone build a multiple SFH55 or spf55 light pulling 75+ amps and over 100k lumens with 2S2P battery pack. Water cool it and make a flashlight to beat them all.

I like when companies think out of the box while still embracing standards.

1 Thank

I received mine last night. V1 46950 version, it’s only 3 mm’s longer than the 3-21700 version. To keep it short they completely omitted the removable tail cap and charging station. This light only has the side charging port but does work as a battery bank. The difference I see with V1 and V2 looking at Noda’s picture is V1.

1. Has a plastic doughnut insulator over the battery held in by a brass retaining ring.
  2. V1 retains the 3-21700 body style, V2 slight styling difference.
  3. Top half of the body threads are bare aluminum giving a current path the plastic insulator protects.

Running it against the Astrolux EC06/Sofirn Q8 plus at 4.15v using 3-Molicel 21700 P42A it was nearly equal in output. However the Mach 46950 only at 3.7v as received. Testing/playing with the two last night I managed to run them both down to 3.3v and the Mach was brighter at this point. The fan really helped keeping the top half cooler. The one part of this light design that I’ve got mixed thoughts on is the limited thermal path of the head to the body. First the fan cools well and the limited path keeps the body and battery cool. However the body and battery gives lots of mass and surface area for additional cooling.

2 Thanks