luminus sbt-90 gen2 led

This morning i sent an order for 6 on custom 45mm MCPCB cost was US$37 each. Minimum order is 1. Tint is between 5500k and 6500k they could not guarantee the tint.

Neal Zhang of Nealsgadgets posted this on his facebook group. He said in the comments it is using SBT90.2……This is a monster and will eat SBT90.2 heat for breakfast I think due to the number of cooling fins and massive head.

FT03 for comparison…

They try to do what BLF GT did, that is establish a new, bigger class of lights?
I estimate 145-150mm diameter, 8*18650, huge length.

BTW these fins are too tight to work well, there will hardly be any airflow between them.

Yup, This is definitely a bigger class of lights. Maybe this is still in design stage, but I am in awe on the actual size… Let us see. Seems like more manufacturers are joining the SBT90.2 bandwagon…

the lumintop gt4 host would be interesting see how the sbt-90 would perform? seems like its a good passive host beast.

Impressive hat :wink:

As for the light: clumpsy big thing, but if the reflector is as deep as the length of the head suggests, the beam may have an impressive large spot.

Astrolux FT03S SBT90.2 4500lm

FT03S

You sure bout those gaps? They could be 5 mm - it's all relative

Could you elaborate on this djozz?

Deep reflectors (compared to shallow reflectors of the same diameter) produce about the same spot brightness but with larger spot, at the expense of spill angle (and it lengthens your flashlight). I like that for a thrower.

It seems they never learn…

The gaps in those fins are actually not small if you pay attention. I think it is more than adequate. But that flashlight must weigh 20lbs and doesn’t seem very wieldy. Wonder what the throw is. 5MCD? Would be cool if they can make a RLT collar and aspheric lens to turn it into a 10MCD Enderman light. Under $600 would be a bargain if it makes more than 6MCD.

The gaps are relatively small in relation to their depth.
This means very little airflow between the fins.
The BLF / Lumintop GT has proper fin spacing and not too deep grooves either.

Right.
What matters is proportions and these are not good.

The BLF GT90 proto is here at 1.8 Mcd, coutesy of Matt (VOB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQBDrNKyWKY, and here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/59967

Not a significant improvement in throw over the GT (XHP35 HI), he tested at 1.5 Mcd. More lumens of course.

this led screams for a GT4 host.

This led screams, current give me more current!

Impressive though, the GT90.

Does cree have plans for a XHP35.2 ?

It’s going to be expensive with … 4 SBT-90.2’s Then I’m going to want an extension tube (4 carriers) so I can have a battery carrier for each LED… It’s a very HUNGRY LED… :smiley:

Yes please… :+1:

Can I simply flow the 90.2 on to the existing ft03 board and will it work like that?

No, it’s a different footprint. It’s similar to the Cree MTG footprint so you can use those MCPCBs.