luminus sbt-90 gen2 led

Here’s a 26mm one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32601399686.html

With such an expensive emitter I would prefer them pre-mounted. Tom E wrote “They come pre-mounted on a 20 mm MCPCB, $36 each.”
I wasn’t able to find any details on lantend.com about that. Has anyone received any pre-mounted yet?

Yes that is probably an option. For me by default they came bare. I didn’t know the quality of their MCPCBs or their reflow, so I figured I would rather get them bare. Have to check with Tom E about whether he got them on MCPCBs.

So where can i obtain one of these LEDs for a reasonable price?
Or do i have to buy a complete NI40 light?
You see, i have this ginormous GT flashlight here, and the XHP35 HI is just too small for it.
If i could get a SBT-90.2 for it, it would be awesome.
I’ll worry about the driver later.
Maybe the stock driver could be adapted with a stack of FETs, a huge toroid coil and fat flyback diodes.

SHouldn’t there be a group buy for these LEDs?

The one place lantend is the only source right now as far as I know.

They are $35 each, and unfortunately shipping (DHL) was $40.

Thanks, and i could have found the answer on the previous page myself… :person_facepalming:
I read they only have 5700K in stock, which is rather cold for my taste.
4000 - 4500K would be awesome.
I would buy several and re-distribute them myself.

Your GT does not just need a new driver, also the battry carriers will have to be converted from 4S to 4P.

With a buck driver mod i would need 2S2P (x2)
But i haven’t seen any Voltage / Current tests of this LED, so i assume the Vf will be above, say 3.7 volts when pushing it to its limits, which is a bit high for 1S4P (x2) i.m.o.

Depends where you are, mouser might be cheaper and easier.

In this video he got 1.27 Mcd. It was at 1m though.