MagLite LED 2D At Lowes Sale

I agree they are one hell of a light for even regular price let alone at this steal of a price. This probably was one of the best deals going on flashlights for the money for the Black Friday weekend.

a fine product of this quality proudly made in the U.S.A. from American workers for this ridiculously low price?

IMO it’s almost criminal not to buy it at this price and at least support those workers at the original wholesale level. Maglite is still making a profit here IOW which ensure that American workers keep working. And to buy it in bulk if ya can swing it whenever possible to really show it. 8)

Very well stated.

I guess I ought to order 2 more.

I am very impressed by how much they throw, makes me want to get a few more. also, the gunmetal color, is it just the gray color? or is it something else?

Lumatic only got a 1.50 off, Lowes did price match mine. Of course I only bought 2...

I dared to compare this Maglite to the mighty HD2010! Read about here

BTW, it was this flashlight that brought me here to BLF. I bought a bunch of these last year and realized that my perception of single LED lights was wrong. I, as most of the general public thought LED’s are dim and it takes many of them to give any kind of brightness. Most people would pass over this light only because it has a single emmiter. Everbody on my Christmas list last year got one of these.

Don’t forget Lowes gives an extra 10% for Military discount and 5% if you use your Lowes credit card.

The 2D mag is less problematic than the 2AA but the beam is still fickle to focus to something less than nasty, esp indoors. The $5 wootlites have these beat on beam (and tbh imo a better daily user), but the mag is somewhat better quality overall and better looking in gunmetal.

i agree the beam is something to be desired, especially on flood, unless you like doughnuts of course. :bigsmile: . But on throw mode the beam is fairly good, and the spill is pretty good on throw mode too

Is the deal on the 2d’s still active today?I have a HD next to work and might try to snag some more….gunmetal if I can find one!I agree with Lumatic, the new style Mag LED is a much better light than the 134 lum. specs would suggest.The only stock LED mags I had before this were with the Luxtin droppin, not even close to what the new ones are like!

Yea but outdoors the MagLite LED 2d looks great. You’ll never notice the ringy beam outdoors.

Yes, it focuses well. I measured ~38k lux on mine, 5k for 2AA. The problem with the “focus” isn’t so much rings as non-uniformity. Nearly impossible to get a symmetrical beam; terrible white wall hunter.

$15 is what they’re worth IMO. Better deal than $10 2AA.

+1 on the woot Maglite clone ... that was a deal and a half ..

Onan had nothing to do with meet and beat .. It was pure disobediance .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onan

Ugh, it was kinda a play on words as in ‘meat and beat’. Onanistic and so forth. 8)

But thanks for the wiki lesson though. :smiley:

hunting with ‘ringy’ beams for a torch that is meant to be Beat the Crap Out of It Rugged, works more than adequate for highly illuminating medium to far off objects, and is supremely capable of beating the living sh*t out of some perp and will still likely get reholstered for another day. This is starting to enter geekdumitis and stuffy BSville. Not a combination I’m fond of when taking into context the design-intent of the big Maglites. :cowboy_hat_face:

……‘$15 is what they’re worth’. Yeah, right. Sure. Oh, and that also has a lifetime warranty which for the most part gets honored without question. :smiley:

“White wall hunting”. They were never designed in the first place to hunt those either. Geez. I’m quite sure the focusing system designers at Maglite could very easily have accomodated those that look for white-wall ring perfection over practicality too. I guess then this would’ve been worth more than $15 to some. :smiley: :open_mouth:

You are enterng BSville. Population: 1,000,000,000,000,000. Elevation: 95,000 feet. :bigsmile:

……

No minimum. I don’t know if they’ll match the Lowe’s 2D MagLite BF special of $14.97 which ends today. Might be worth a call for those that don’t have a HD or Lowe’s close-by.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Navigation?storeId=10051&langId=~~1&catalogId=10053&N=5yc1vZc56d&cm_mmc=hd_email~~*~~WCR_112112_UNENG_OLD_PR~~*~~20121126_1126-2520195~~\_-fifty_off&et_rid=31731449

It may be a terrible white wall hunter, but it kicks some major ass outside in the dark.

white-wall world and need to get out more often into the real world. :smiley: :open_mouth:

I don't mean to talk about a light that isn't for sale any more but the woot mag clone throws it's ass off . so i'd imagine people would be impressed with the mag too.

is there a reason people aren't saying what emitter is in this light .? Is and xre to be assumed ?

I have an xpg neutral in my mcu-c88 and it still throws like a mother ...just has a much better tint and is less ringy .