MANAFONT Tank007 E07 BLF Edition & The BLF Lanyard

Not sure why so many manufacturers seem to be going to HML. LMH just makes a lot more sense to me and I think about that whenever I'm cycling through a HML light (Manafont's 3-mode Ultrafire XM-L drop-in comes to mind). Shows that they weren't listening and I wonder about the Low and PWM now which we were also pretty specific about.

However, with 3 modes and if the memory works correctly, HML or LMH doesn't make that much difference to me. If I turn it off in Low and it comes back on in Low, then what do I care what the order is? I'll still be happy with it.

If the memory works correctly. the order is less of an issue, however how often has that happened? Fingers crossed that we have something that works, what else can we say at this stage? were already by the sounds of it several steps backwards, which is annoying because we were apparently promised something better, but in the end the secrets have only been revealed after the money has been sent.

Maybe its all a lie, and its really UL/M/H? [remains hopeful]

This is a real bummer. I was sure the agreed version was UL (not just low, but ultra low)/M/H. At least I hope it has a memory.

I must say I am disappointed...

Yep, the MF drop in was what I was thinking of with the sequence. Memory is key, I will be sorely dissappointed if it is this sequence and doesn't have memory. Rarely do I actually need high and the lower modes aren't as effective once you've been blinded.

Edit: Just double checked the MF page and it states with memory. I feel better.

Man I was really psyched to buy quite a few of these. I love tanks build quality. I was looking forward to finally finding a decent AA light I could pass out to family and friends. Unfortunately there's too many unanswered questions about this light so Ill probably be passing for now.

To me a neutral tint light for $16.50 is still something very special. Mode sequence is not that important to me, if the memory is working well. I still miss one feature more than anything .... the pocket clip .... what happened to 90% probability of that being made?

$16.50 isn't bad, but has anyone had the refunded points balance?

I haven't, and until I get it in my hands I'm not sure it'll have a low low, or a neutral tint....the reasons I bought it.

If it has them then I'm more than happy, it's just troubling not knowing for sure.

Jim of Manafont has been very reliable in the past, I have the feeling that Tank007 rushed out promises that they now can't keep. But that's just my impression.

$16.50 is only for the first one as far as I understand it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Note:

Please note that each BLF member can only request the MP once (one E07 BLF Edition and/or one Lanyard).
Please allow 72 hours to process your MP

So it will be $18 starting the 2nd one on. Anyway, I order one to try out.

Match, we will be waiting for your video for how to make the clip patiently. Thanks in advance.

After all that time, input, and effort the only thing we have that makes this light ours is the printing on the light. Huge fail on the part of Tank007 and Manafont and huge disappointment for me and many others. Not sure why Jim would have accepted this major change by Tank007 in the first place let alone accepting without notifying us of the change ahead of time.

How much do you wanna bet the low is simply low and not even the ultra low we were promised? Any takers?

I bought two of these as soon as they were available then PM'd Jim immediately once I found about the changes to have my second light ordered cancelled if the modes were really different than what we all agreed upon. He never responded to me. If the low is not an ultra low I will be returning at least one of the two for a full refund and will not pay for return shipping. Depending on how smoothly that goes I may or may not be done with Manafont.

We all have our preferences. But it's better to make the decision after the fact, not before. Still going to get it anyway despite the spec change, but a little disappointed how this was handled.

Update, I just received an update receiving $1.50 worth of manapoints.

Even if I receive the E07 with the 3 mode as only difference from the old version I would still be happy. The E07 is one of my 1st EDCs and the only reason it got replaced is being single mode. Love the light, pretty beat up and survived even on camping/climbing trips in harsh conditions.

Waiting for other lights that they could upgrade for us. Maybe an Ultrafire C88 w/ XM-L NW/WW at a decent price.

HML works for me, usually when I first turn a light on I want all the light I can get. Then I figure out if I can settle for less and cycle through accordingly.

At least it says BLF, and its a neutral.

Were a hard bunch to satisfy, but as Leelou said, its the way this is being handled thats making us sad and giving us reason to be disappointed. Thanks to Jim, Manafont, and Tank for having this happen, but at the same time, delivering at least what was promised would have been far more appreciated if we are not otherwise informed.

Ive still ordered one, at least to support these guys for getting BLF written on it, but no more because of the bad modes.

I was not between E07 fan but, after the first review, i think i'll buy one if promises will be fulfilled.

The last blf edition Mr Lite had not one, but two low lows that always came on first with no memory. Made the light incredibly annoying to use. If I wanted a really dim light, I'd just use a fauxton with dead cells. You can get like 50 for the price of this thing.

I agree with that. If there is no memory I'd rather the light come on in High because that's what I'll use the most. However I also see the logic of coming on in Low first so you don't blind yourself with High when all you want is Low.

Also, got my Mana points today. Even if the light doesn't turn out to be quite what we specified, I'll give credit to Jim for keeping his end of the bargain up. So far the description is accurate, he gave us discount points, and the light was dispatched the next day.

When Jim updated the original post that the light had arrived he should have also made us aware of the changes so, no, the light was not accurately described to us. There is also no ultra-low so how do you feel about that?
I finally heard from Jim and he said tank007 screwed up and that he will try to have it corrected in the"bonus batch" to be produced. So what about all the ones purchased so far? I for one would not have bought even one, let alone two, had we been informed they were made wrong in the first place and then corrected in a yet to come batch. Sorry but it’s inexcusable.

What, no 1 lumen low??

"3 mode: : Hi > Mid > Low (With Memory)" on MF website :| Or it was L-M-H before? (on website I mean)