Massive fraud on 18650s in the Littokala Aliexpress stores!

Yes.

Who knows? Could be anything. Littokala is just a brand name, they don’t produce their own cells. Don’t assume that just because they name it the same as Panasonic, that it really is a Panasonic you’re getting.

I’m starting to understand but still a bit confused. :slight_smile:
Wouldn’t it be illegal for Littokala to call it NCR18650B since it’s a Panasonic product? Like if i would produce my own phone and call it Littokala iPhone Xs.
Why not just buy a Panasonic NCR18650B instead of haunting a Littokala to get disappointed not to get a Panasonic NCR18650B?
I’m just very curious why these manufactures (Varicore and Littokala) are getting so much attention and why people want to buy their stuff and not the original Panasonic NCR18650B.
Am i missing something?

A response is very much appreciated and probably helpful to others.

Price I imagine.

Wouldn’t that just create a middle hand? :slight_smile:
Of course they buy the cells cheaper than us, but we still have to go though a middle hand?

The chinese, overall, have different laws and other stuff. They do not seem to protect brand names the same way as other countries.

Anyway, don't put the blame on them (Varicore, LiitoKala, etc) please, will net nothing good. They are not naming their product Panasonic, they use the NCR18650B reference, style and others because people is ignorant, manipulable and other dramatic things.

Besides the drama the underlying cells pretty sure are decent or even good. If you don't like, buy from more reputable sources.

:-)

I get it.

What you guys are enlightening (!) us with this thread is that the mentioned Littokal store are selling fake Littokal products and not fake original Panasonic NCR18650B.
An original Littokal NCR18650B is not a (but could be) Panasonic NCR18650B but probably a very good battery.
Thanks all! :slight_smile:

Yes.

What the various Liitokala stores are doing is called fraud.

They are selling fake cells, and fake cells do not have the same properties as their original counterparts.

That means:

- Much higher internal resistance.

- No safety measure.

- Used cells.

• Cells that haven’t passed quality checks, and may even be dangerous(like leaking 18650s)

Would you like a leaking lithium ion 18650?
No. Therefore, you should not buy any batteries from Liitokala, as you are supporting frauds.

@Barkuti, I’m sorry, but you blaming the individual rather than the company is disgusting.

BlueSwordM I'm not blaming individuals. What I say is that, as far as my understanding of how the mind works, if something happens to you is because in some way you're allowing it to happen whether you like it or not, and if you are able and dig in your subconscious you will find why. What I said is in no way disgusting, those are just facts. Not everyone is ignorant and/or manipulable, and of course is each one's responsibility to set the means to avoid that if so they will.

:-)

Yeah, you are right.

But I would still like for us to change what Liitokala does, or at least punish them.

I mean, doing a bait and switch in 2017 and later isn’t all to morally acceptable, or tolerable at all.

Are they actually selling, for examples:

1. A cell with the name “Samsung 30Q” on it that is not really a Samung 30Q??

2. Or a cell named “Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA” that is not a real Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA?

3. Or a cell with the name SONY/MURATA VTC6 on it that is not a real SONY/MURATA VTC6??

If they are, then yes; it would be a “fake” cell. :+1: . :+1:

If they are not, it is not a “fake cell”. If it is no good & has Liitokala’s …. it is just a crappy no good cells with the sellers name on it.

But that would not be a “fake”. It is just a genuine & real crappy no good cell.

My .o2… ymmv. :wink:

Wellp, I just got a half-dozen “LK” cells, branded as such, rated 3400mAH, and they all clocked in at about 3200mAH-3300mAH, very consistent. Button-tops, so resistance readings were all over the place. Probably were Lishen generics or similar.

Gave ’em 4 stars for at least trying. At about 2fitty each, weren’t a bad deal, I imagine.

But if you’re looking for “genuine” 30Qs or panny-Bs or sanny-As or any “name brand” cells on AX or Fleabay, expect to be ripped off.

At least buying a 9900mAH CrapFíre cell, you know you’re getting garbage, and won’t be disappointed.

1. Yes, fake. A real 30Q has 3 legs on the positive pole. The Liitokala have 4 legs.
They also have too much resistance to be real 30Qs.

2. Does not use a raised top. Fake.

3. Too high internal resistance for the VTC6.

Fake again.

:open_mouth:

These answers completely ignored the question I asked. :person_facepalming:

It was a YES or NO answer too.

These answers completely ignored the question I asked. :person_facepalming:

It was a YES or NO answer too, for numbers 1, 2, & 3.

What gives???

The answers are yes for all of them.

I should’ve included that sentence at the beginning on the reply.

Ok…. thanks for clearing that up. :+1:

That is indeed low down & pathetic. :frowning:

Are there any good enough Chinese manufacturers of 18650 cells that are close in quality as Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic etc?

The real question is whether those capacity numbers last over even 10 charge cycles, let alone dozens.

Ain’t for me, so frankly I can’t get all jazzed about it.

Laptop pulls were/are “throwaway” cells just to get started (and I say as much, several times), and when I’d ask if someone wants a premium cell like a real 30Q, and tell ’em to expect to pay a pretty penny for ’em, I get funny looks like I’m trying to rip ’em off.

So at least these are new cells that should feed a cheapcrap C8 clone just fine.

And half the time, they stick with the throwaway cells anyway, so…