MF01 Mini / MT07- Mod/Upgrade - Copper Heatsink Cover Plate

Wow.
! Thank you for putting the time into researchig this! I will defintely be in for 1, maybe 2 @ the $10-$13 dollar range.

So… +1 (minimum)

Feel free to express interest. I already bought one from Man of Light. But if we can get 10+ pieces of expressed interest, I can probably organize something. I’m not guaranteeing that this will go through.

Points to understand:

• This pricing is for the heatsink plate only
  • Stickers may or may not be included… if we get enough interest to get the heatsinks made, I should be able to get the stickers made as well
  • Shipping charges are likely $4/package for US and $14/package for non-US (in addition to the cost of the heatsink)
  • Xometry charges shipping fees and tax on top of the stated prices, so unit price for 10 pcs of copper goes from $15.04 to $18.54 after tax and shipping
  • Lead time is approximately 1 month if we go with Xometry
  • Pricing example: if we order 10 pcs made from copper for unit price of $18.54 and you’re in the US and want two pieces, that would be around $18.54 x 2 + $4 = $41.08

If you fully understand and accept the above conditions, please state your desired quantity and accepted materials. We’ll need to decide on copper/brass/aluminum. The originals are copper. Mateminco has made theirs from brass. Aluminum should work and is least expensive, but there is no data available on that.

Interest list:

I will take two price doesn’t matter. I would like them in copper but if your only doing them in aluminum or brass that is fine too but preferably copper.

Thank you!

copper preferred, others acceptable and will still order.

I need two - copper or brass.
Under $15. Under $10 would be great and quite achievable i guess.

However i’m in EU and the $14 shipping cost sounds awfully high for a couple rather small metal disks that can’t weight that much. Can’t they be slipped in a cardboard envelop and sent as regular mail somehow? Or have a EU interest list and GB?

Interested in 1 regardless of material

List updated. Thanks guys. Hopefully we can get another batch of these together for those that missed them originally. :+1:

It sounds like my buddy with a machine shop might come through, though there’s nothing I can do about shipping costs (outside of sending a bulk pack to the EU to get split and distributed if there’s a volunteer).

Update: Man of Light has sent me the original files (thanks!), including those for the insulation stickers. If we get some more people that want to jump on this, it looks like I could get the stickers made to include with the heatsinks.

Interested in at least 1, copper (or whatever)

2 pcs Copper to Finland would be great!

Interested in one, I need instructions for applying the tape

The interest list has been updated. We’re up to ~11 pieces so far.

Bump… anyone else wanting a MF01 Mini / MT07 heatsink?

You might want to try posting in tbe astrolux Facebook group as well

I don’t think I’m a member over there. Feel free to post a link to here if you’d like!

Ok guys, if ya’ll want this to get off the ground, we need to make a decision. Right now we’re at 11 pieces of interest. The next highest unit of order quantity at Xometry is 15. And it seems like most people are interested in copper, so we’ll roll with that unless I hear otherwise.

Pricing: It looks like the total unit price (after tax and shipping to me) would be $14.76 each for the copper piece. The set of stickers is going to cost me $20 so that’s $1.33 per sticker. In total, that works out to be $16.09 each before shipping (and leaves me with 4 units unsold… hopefully more people will speak up).

Shipping: I think for people in the US, I could mail them non-machinable First Class for $2. International unfortunately will be ~$14 shipping per package. If Sikarisnagari and patmurris are interested, I could send a single package and have one of you split the shipment - you’d need to work that out.

These are actual costs being stated. There’s nothing in this for me; I’m just trying to help. If you want lower costs, the only thing that would do so is ordering more pieces

Any idea how much it weigh?

PS: a quick estimate based on a 30mm x 4mm copper disk gives about 25g. Certainly less since it is partly hollow.
Can you confirm?

The one I have from man of light weighs 14g

OK good.
I checked with Sikarisnagari and we will handle this on our side. So you can go ahead with our parts. I’ll let you know who to mail to.

It’s a bit disappointing there are not more people interested though. Maybe we could wait a bit more…?

Does anyone here just have an extra to sell me? Pm if so, I appreciate it

Count me in.