more bezel madness from Foybezels™

We should start inviting students in psychology on BLF. They can make a nice doctorate from the whole Foy phenomena.

I cannot even write a reletively serious review without sticking Foy somewhere. Pretty much the case with many others here.

I admit... im mentally weak for such nonsense. Pretty catchy.

Thank you flashlightFoy foy the unfoygettable foy time using the foywording in almost every thread.

BLF! BudgetLightFoyrum? Better stop writing now since im having not so foytastic ideas crossing my mind...

How long will this euFoyria will last? ;D (had to post it, sorry)

So did we figure out what site to go to order a Foyshlight?

My wife says I already have too many foyshlights. What the foy.

Foyever?

lol Group exfoycitation :bigsmile:

Probably would not have been as memorable had I used my first name (Thomas) instead of my middle name. Was actually just trying to inject a little levity and have some fun while pursuing a hobby that gives me great satisfaction. I click on everything Match puts up, for example, because I know that what he posts will justify my time invested to read it. I don't have his experience/expertise, or Don's or countless others here; all I have is a sincere passion for the hobby and the ability to push a noun next to a verb in a way people sometimes find entertaining. I write on-line ads for a living and spend my days being focused on a business critical sales purpose. It's nice to come here where there can be outlet for me to cut loose and be a whack-job if the mood suits me.

Everybody here has been amazing, really. My desire is to have fun while respecting the hobby. I know at the end of the day it's just flashlights but hopefully I have not crossed the line into clown act.

bozoFoy

Dear Flashlight Foy,

thanks for bringing the magnificent word Foy to us. It's real fun to me and as you noticed i like to use Foyism wherever i can find a good place to stick it. It gives a whole new meaning to some sentences.

AndnoidontconsideryouafoolorclownFoy!

Immagine how nice and usefull the word foy is...

A: I need a new bezel for my klingon style solarforce any reccomendations?

B: Do the bezel grind "a la Foy".

A: Whoa thanks!

This is what makes BLF a good place. Many Expert and many noob sharing a hobby with "professionalism" but with a lot of funny moment.

It's a foy.. ehm a joy stay here!

This is really foyed up .....

1. My first name is also Thomas
  2. Agree with Foy that Solarforce is the top clone body
  3. Really like Foy's bezels, plan to do the same with 1 coming in
  4. Like Foy, don't have Match's, Don's, & many others experience & knowledge, but read every word
  5. I too do on-line ads & biz critical sales activities all day

Maybe the hobby attracts like kinds. Maybe its just very coincidental.

maybemymomnevertoldmeaboutmyfoybrotherseperatedatbirth

Now that's what I call foydaliscious, especially the term "foyzel" for a severely cut-down and polished stock bezel. Really like that! "Foyscinating", as Spock would say.

dóber dan Budgeteer,

now a klingon bezel -as dvomljiv they might be- is still a piece of art. Wouldn't grind that down, it takes a helluva time to get that thing finished on a lathe in the first place. Wouldn't want one personally tho! Even the stock SS crenelated bezel on my SolarForce was way too much for my taste already, so I ground down the crenelations about halfways, chamfered all edges and took it to the blasting cabinet. Don't really fancy any bling on my flashlights... mine sits in a surefire V70 speed holster, it'll get scratches all over anyways ;)

lep pozdrav, tvój sixfink

Google translate? Thanks for the effort but are you sure you clicked Slovenian? Looks Slovak or Slovensko to me althrough pretty understandable but it's like Russian vs. Latvian...

Foyscinatig though. It is correct but we do not use the things above the letters except čšž. I like that you like Foyzel as a word for that slimmed down klingon bezel. :)

Ich sende dir meine besten wünsche,

Budgeteer

Nope! NotabozoFoy is much better.

Can you point us to any of your ads?

Don - Sure can. I work for a classic car dealer/restorer/collector.

I used a different format than usual on this one therefore, I'm told it's not small screen friendly. It's sold, by the way so save your money for flashlights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-1999-LOTUS-ESPRIT-TWIN-TURBO-200MPH-150PIX-VIDEO-/320681933390?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4aaa21fa4e

This Corvette is a good example of how much of my time is spent doing research. I spent days decoding and documenting this car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUSEUM-PIECE-1978-CORVETTE-25TH-SILVER-ED-W-1812-MILES-/320682835800?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4aaa2fbf58

It's just eBay so, not a big deal really but my ads do fetch well over market. I have to battle my car salesman boss on many of these. He fancys himself an editor so, not all of my hard work makes it past him and the changes he makes . . . ahh, well, you don't need to hear my problems. We sell a lot of cars and I'm usually behind but, there are worse jobs I suppose. I do get to drive all that I write/do research on so, there's that I guess.

That's my boss driving, not me.

wanabeadmanFoy

You're obviously doing it right. It took me a while to think about the work needed to put those words together. The best work is invisible - as that is till I took some time to think about it.

Is there a big enough market to make a living from that sort of work?

It certainly wouldn't feed a family here.

I'm not in the Lotus market anyway. A friend of mine used to make carbon fibre chassis for Morgan cars though. His company could certainly have used your skills.

Every one of my clients think they're a superb graphic artist, editor, & advertising guru bar none. So its not just your boss!

I fix Macs for these guys! This made me laugh a lot..

I can clearly see where you are coming from :)

Unlike Foy, I'm self employed. And if u do it right, theres a good living in it. But even though I don't have a 'boss' (just don't tell the wife that), each and every one of my customers is the boss. Way too many friggin bosses. But hey, they pay da bills!

Oh man, is there a market. We ship world-wide and our best customers are from out of the country. If you had asked me five years ago if I thought I could make a living doing something so specific and specialized, I would have laughed. The classic car market being what it is here in the states, when you get into the high dollar Detroit iron say, a '70 Judge, a '68 Camaro or a Hemi 'Cuda, authenticating an original car is a huge deal. We sold a 1965 K-code Mustang Fastback to a collector in Norway last fall - this guy has about a dozen Mustangs (and lots of other cool cars) in a museum that looked like a cathedral and employed 3 or 4 guys full time just to keep them running/looking good. A lot of our consignments come in after they have tried unsuccessfully to market the car themselves. If you look at most ads on eBay you'll see what I mean.

LightQuest - It helps to hear that from you. The owners of some of these cars have invested years building them into show winners. When they make it to my desk, they want to look over my shoulder, call me 9 times a day, "did you remember to say this?" "you know I paid upteen billion dollars on the polished chrome widget, why are you not talking about it?" Then, when the car sells for well over their expectations, they quitely take the big check we give them. "Thanks Tom, you did a good job," is all I usually get.

I don't make a lot of money but with the wife and I both working, we seem to get by.

poorFoy

2 Things Foy.

1. I threw my L2i on a lathe at work and machined down my bezel. It looks fantastic, so I thankyou for the motivation and idea :)

2. Foy, you have my dream job :(