Most Powerful Flashlights in the World (by throw distance)

Adding it right now! Very cool

Thanks for the correction :slight_smile:

Please change it to LED CFT 90 plus collar Fresnel :innocent:

and please write it in small or big letters
cause the name is not from Maxabeam
it is a mix from our names
you see I am small minded :partying_face:

The LEP picture was just a test (another project)

Thanks and best regards

Xandre

Haha thanks for the corrections, will do :slight_smile:

It is nice to see an LED-based light in the top 5!

Thanks for the kind words-

As we started the LUXrace it was max 100 KLUX with LED

Best regards Xandre

1350m throw is only 455,625 candela, which is significantly lower than the 2,000,000 candela minimum to be on the updated list, sorry!

Maybe we should start a list for most powerful by lumens. Though it’s harder to verify claims and ensure lumens are calibrated correctly.

There’s this thread on the hottest hot rod and a few threads about specific cells but I’m not sure if there’s anything for brightest flashlights in general.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?423819-Flashlight-Royalty
:slight_smile:

When I click on your link, the forum board looks different, and the feeling I get is not the same. Hard to put in words, just different.

You do realize that is candlepowerforums.com and not budgetlightforum.com
Or are you saying that candlepowerforums.com looks different than it normally does.

The first one. But I didn't realize it right away. They are both about flashlights.

Yeah, weird stuff when you go through that link !

Someone’s been drinking too many Budweiser’s.

I wish some of these guys would find a way to manufacture these beasts. I don’t have the skills but I’d love to buy a Maxablaster 52 Mcd

Yeah it’s too bad.
The most powerful one that is retail is the Maxabeam G3, which is essentially the maxablaster but with a smaller reflector :slight_smile:

I heard someone talking about light emitting plasma flashlights - not the laser LEP ones - but I’m not sure if it’s a real thing. I was thinking today too how nice it would be to have some sort of light making technology that doesn’t generate nearly as much heat as LED

Do you mean plasma as in not HID or arc?

Uhh… not really sure. I do have a Firefoxes FF5 HID and it’s awesome.

I just saw that Sanwu came out with a new laser with a dimmer switch. Are you guys into lasers? If you got the blue you should be able to add a phosphor lens to make a white beam

Short arc bulbs are filled with a gas like xenon or mercury or others, and the high voltage electric arc that forms creates plasma, which is what makes light.

Also if you look at the list you will see that there are several LEP lights, which do use a laser and a phosphor to create high intensity white light :slight_smile:
LEP = laser excited phosphor

Wow nice! I wonder where I can get a short arc light? I actually have an Acebeam W10 gen 2 and a W30. Awesome lights

The Maxabeam G3 is the farthest throwing short arc flashlight you can buy, they show up on the used market often.
HID is a type of arc lamp too, just not as intense as xenon bulbs.