MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I actually ordered some a few weeks ago from Xtar with the replacement VP2s they're sending me. Just waiting for them to show up now, should be soon.

Awesome! Got that yupard keychain light (if it ever gets here) and an L2m eager for power. :slight_smile:

Any word back from Oshtencil (or wherever your getting them) on the Noctogon triple stencil? Not in any hurry but just wanted to make sure it wasn’t forgotten.

unknown, why are you thinking 16340 for the L2m, it takes an 18350. The larger cell has about 150mAh more capacity and can easily outdo the smaller.

Actually, thanks for reminding me. You were forgotten!

This posting is in response to a posting in this thread.

I already ordered a batch with XM-L2 a few days before this thread opened, paid for and being sent as we speak. No group buy needed, I'm not going to use your money to finance these things because when they go bad or there are delays I want my money to be on the line, not the customer's. I have done and will do some pre-orders in the future, but only once the products have already been paid for and are in the process of being delivered.

It’s the knockoff Trustfire L2M from DX (Had $25 gift card, and wanted a small 16340 light, and the ZY-C10).

18mm cell is a wee bit too big.

Ok thanks I did not know. I deleted my post in the other thread. What are your planned mods to the M6 ?

Just like to confirm that the Nanjg AK-47A 7135*3 1.05A which you stock uses 4.7 kΩ & 19.1 kΩ resistors? 1% tolerance? Can’t read the values in the mtnelectronics picture. I’ve seen one version of Nanjg AK-47 use different values in its voltage divider.

sorry to interupt ,bsince i am newbie to electronics, what the nanjg resistors effect?

The two resistors make a voltage divider so the attiny can detect the battery voltage. The program on the attiny could be adjusted to use different value resistors (and still provide the same low voltage warning at 2.9-3v) so it only matters at all if you plan to flash a different program onto the attiny.

RMM offers his Nanjg AK-47A with alternate firmware / program, 99% chance they are the common 4.7 kΩ & 19.1 kΩ values. I’m only double checking since I’ve seen pictures of an AK-47 with 3 kΩ (“302”) & 10 kΩ (“103”).

i c ,thanks for the explanation

I can't read for sure the second one, but one definitely reads 471 and the other I think reads 192, so I think they're the same. They are definitely not 302 and 103.

Re: M6 Mods

There will be two options:

1. Simple UI upgrade: piggyback a 105c onto the stock board to get the nicer UI, ditch the strobe/sos, and gives you low voltage ramp down and shut off.

2. Pretty much the same thing as the Securitying: new UI, cranked up DD FET, XM-L2s on Noctigon (your choice of tint). Max power!

I finally got a new source for the small flashlight holsters at a decent price, so lots of those are on the way. I've also got some other holsters for the larger lights, just need to get them up on the website.

XP16 MCPCBs are on the way, along with many others. Sorry for the delay in getting these, manufacturing was a little slow this time around.

Got Copper?

Leave em all connected, mount XM-L2 U2 1D’s on every one, hook em up and fire em up! That’d make a great LED panel for Photography, use a dial for power level instead of set clicky positions and dial up the level of intensity the situation calls for. Mount it in an aluminum box, cover the face with white silk, presto! :slight_smile: 60,000 lumens on tap! Yowza! ok, cooling system required.

Don't throw out all that copper trim from those sheets! Not sure how to re-work it but that's gotta be useful. Funny because on those sheets, they seem to waste as much copper as is actually used. Think the SinkPAD sheets has less material waste.

That's a photo from the factory showing the new production product, I don't ever get to see the rest of that copper! I'm sure they reuse it as it's expensive.

Ahhh, makes sense! With SinkPAD's, I was getting the extra attached strips in volume orders.

In reading what you got coming in, I am clueless how you keep up with all these things, and keep the prices low. I know the hot items you sell out quick, but it's gotta be impossible to tell upfront how fast an item will move, plus long leads coming in to you. Now combining the sales with mods, is just taking it to a whole nother level, beside your regular gig (school). I got yet another order coming in today, and was lucky to nab a couple of the SONY VTC5s, but see they are back in stock... Great Job!!

Tom, thanks! The past few months have lead to some bigger inventory issues which I've been working my poor brain and excel sheet to death figuring out. Since the store has become more popular I've had a lot of times where my inventory planning has gone awry because of supplier-side shortages or unexpected large quantity orders of certain items. Sometimes I'll look at my past history and say "I sold 10 of this item in two weeks, I'd like to keep 20 on hand", so I'll order 25-30 of that item. The next day someone will buy every single one or a large portion of them leaving the other customers high and dry. Similarly sometimes I'll go a few weeks without selling an item then in a few days I'll sell out. I've been beefing up my inventory levels cautiously and trying to keep things balanced.

I appreciate everyone's patience with me and for your continued support, I couldn't do it without you! I have some cool stuff I'm going to be posting fairly soon.

The new BLF DD driver boards have been working great for me so far. I've left them running overnight and subjected them to various other tests so hopefully they are solid enough for sale. It has been my goal to try and test almost every product we sell before making it available for sale. There have been some exceptions (such as new batteries), but all of the custom stuff and most of the products I personally try out and use. My goal has been to limit the amount of returns and especially limit the amount of frustration that customers go through using this stuff. I often buy three or four different samples of a product and try them out before committing to one and ordering it in bulk.

With the custom built lights I generally let them run for at least 15-20 minutes if not longer and try out all of the functions to ensure that everything works correctly. It's only happened a handful of times but there have been a few (sometimes unexplainable) issues that popped up only after running the light for a few minutes and getting it hot. So far it's been working as I've only had to repair two or three lights out of the many built so far but that's the goal. Unfortunately the testing etc. does take some extra time which slows down the workflow and adds a bit of a backlog at times but I'd rather have a customer wait an extra week than get a light that doesn't perform as expected. Same goes for custom drivers, I test all of them.

That says it all, Richard. Orders from China suffer the same complications but no communication, no help and no effort. You communicate, take the time to do things right and make the effort. That’s why your store is bookmarked by so many BLF’ers.

Any M6 news?