MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Three. Feel like it might be 4 but can’t bring up the fourth.

Am I the fourth your looking 4?

4th for Bridge or tennis? Golf maybe?

No idea.
The number seems to be going up. Also there is RaccoonCity who was interested in becoming Alice. Probably just to acquire her zombie ass kicking skills.

New dog Rufusbduck?

:bigsmile:

I guess I deserve that. I certainly let the proverbial cat out the bag as in public forum and who’s who. You gals forgive me.

Back to lights, anyone going to do a review on their hot rod M-6? I found group buys and Old-Lumens video review, digging for beam shots.

Edit; that’s M6 as in Supfire…and found this M-6 vs SRK stock lights.

No. That’s her from a few years ago. More how I think of here anyway. The previous pic was from her last morning.

She looks like a great dog. :bigsmile:

She was 16 when she stopped eating and the vet said it was time. She was pedal-to -the-metal right to the end and tapered quickly. I’m glad she didn’t linger but it was a very hard thing to do. I tried to change it but the thumbnail seems to flip between good day and last day.

Very sorry.
Time is too short.

Oh, I read that as yesterday morning not last morning.

So why can we legally end pets and other animals suffering but except for two states it is illegal to help our brethren to do so? IMO this needs reform!

I think perhaps early sometimes. Get carried away and give em too much energy and POOF! There goes another beloved light…

Sorry, thought we needed some levity…

So, this should help…I built my very first super thrower, admittedly not my own, but I took an already modified SR90 from 325Kcd to 590Kcd! Let there be Light! :slight_smile: Good feeling, that! :wink: I removed a modded SBT-70 emitter, figured out how to tweak the stock driver to run a Cree XM-L2 U2 1A and tuned it at 6.62A, 1618 Lumens OTF at start. I figure 1600 from a de-domed XM-L2 is pretty dang good! (They DO NOT like 8.5A, by the way)

Thanks Richard, for your continual guidance and overall good sense in these things! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, just got in some more Efest and Arctic Silver

New:

• Efest 18500 Purple 15A Flat Top

Back in Stock:

• Efest 14500 IMR V2 Button Top

All Arctic Silver products now have plenty of stock as well.

OK, don't know if I'd really call this a TK61mtn, but I've got a TK61 I'd like to sell.

$160 + shipping with dome
$175 + shipping dedomed
(shipping cost depends on where to and what type of shipping, estimate $14 for USA shipping.)

A few details:

• Approximately 5.8A to the emitter (stock measured around 2.8A on my meter, so this is about double.)
  • Measured an approximate 50% increase in output vs. the stock light.
  • Four improved MOSFETs stacked to handle the increased current
  • Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound under MCPCB and pill ledge
  • Has been tested in several 10+ minute turbo runs, but there is no guarantee that this driver/LED will last forever. I don't foresee any unusual issues, but I can't guarantee that there won't be any in the future.

This was my test build light, so I played a lot with the driver (so if it looks like components have been played with inside, they have) but everything is working well now, except the momentary turbo function (turbo from off) only stays on for a few seconds sometimes after the mod. Vinh noted that his mods do this as well, no real explanation for it but everything else works normally.

Personally, I like the light with the dome on because this light's distance is already pretty much limited by environmental haze and dust and I prefer a bit wider beam, but if you want the king of LED thrower numbers then dedomed is what you want. There is an extra charge because of the time involved dedoming, reflowing, filing the centering piece/reflector if needed (adjusting focus), etc.

If interested, PM me.

I love it:

TK61MTN Vinh got nuttin’ on you!

I don't know if I'd say that. Vinh's got a great reputation, and a lot more experience than I do.

Hey guys, hoping to release a few videos of the lights I make this summer, along with some quick "how to" videos. I hope to not be too duplicative of OldLumens' great stuff, but I may show a few different techniques on stacking 7135 chips, etc.

Here's a quick one showing a custom 6A P60 drop-in:

Also, just added the OSH 16mm 12x7135 slave board. Check it out here!

1. $50 + shipping, ALL SOLD! Black "Skyray King" branded 6xXM-L2 SRK clone. Nice fit and finish. I bought a few of these as samples, then had some issues ordering more. I pulled all of the components off of the stock driver and reflowed a 70N02 onto the stock driver board and piggybacked it with a STAR powered 7-mode level attiny13a driver board.

It has the stock XM-L2s on the stock single-piece aluminum MCPCB which are a cool white, I'd say a bit cooler than 1A. I replaced the stock thin wires with 18 AWG silicone and put Arctic Silver 5 mixed with a bit of Arctic Alumina (compound, not adhesive) under the MCPCB. The tailcap springs are also copper braided.

It does around 5500 lumens on startup with VTC4s but it drops like a rock down to around 4200 lumens in around 30 seconds, then stays right around 4000 lumens for a long time; the stock MCPCB can't handle the heat as well as the copper setups do. That said, it is still a VERY bright light with a great UI. A lot of lumens for the money! I think that PFs or Panasonic 3400 Bs would be a better match for this light than the even lower resistance cells since you will get the benefit of longer runtime and the additional heat generated doesn't provide a lot of extra lumens in this light, at least not for long.

PM me if interested.

Both the TK61mtn and modded 6-emitter SRKs sound pretty nice for whoever gets them.

I’m trying to stick only to self-modded items for now though… and I’m pretty excited about the SRK mod parts I have on order. I built myself a light box today so I’ll be able to measure the results of my changes. I may have to take the next step and build an integrating sphere too though, since I think my light box maxes out at around 3000 lumens and I might end up with something brighter than that. An integrating sphere would also provide more accurate results than the milk carton model I made today.

Recieved the M-6 and DQG Triple from Richard yesterday and I am impressed. DQG is what I've been looking for. Really like the size. Very usable in NW as a "regular flashlight" as my family would say but still has a very bright mode. My King Kongs like it too. No rattle at all. Have not tried the 18650 sleeve that came with it and probably won't. I love it just like it is.

The M-6 is a mod 1 and HOLY COW! The only problem with it is that I don't have an open area big enough to see it's potential. I've got to find an open field to really appreciate the tidal wave of light. I can't imagine the Mod 2 version with some serious melt your hand batteries in it.

Good job and thank you Richard. Shipping was faster than expected. Not unusual from you. I'm still used to slow boat from China shipping.

Edit not tiny but triple (DQG) duh