MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

The long press duration in my lights is set at 0.375 seconds, in all of them I've sold, including the early SRKs. The default was 0.5 seconds and it feels too long to me.

In that case Richard I think that a 1 second or so press to off should be fine. That is almost a 3X longer press than for the step down function which should be a big enough difference to clearly differentiate the two actions. I thought that the step down was a bit less than 1/2 second but also thought that it might just be me as I have birthday number 70 coming up in less than a month.

thought I read that. My first time with triple FET drivers as these. I pull 10.5 amps direct from bench supply to back of driver board, on turbo, with heavy cable. If anyone can duplicate so that I don’t make a liar out of myself will be appreciated (mod1). :slight_smile: I wanted batteries out of equation and quick short protection to avoid hot copper showers.

Hi,
I’m planning to build a flashlight with CREE XM-L Color (maybe S2+/S3 Host), but I cannot find a good driver.

My wishes:
–2 mode groups, switch like Convoy’s UI
-Group 1: red, blue, green, white (eventually lower modes and color mixing etc.)
-Group 2: All strobe modes you can imagine (important for me: White-Red-Green-Blue Strobe 8Hz, Red Blink 1Hz)
-mode memory

Is it possible? :slight_smile:

I don't have the time to design such a driver right now, check with DrJones, he may have something that will work for you.

Check here. Pm Rufusbduck if needed. Look for the Meld Driver boards. There is a thread where he shows his multi-color lights in action, impressive, post #531.

Thank you for the tips, DrJones has a nice driver and he is German. :slight_smile:

one of our German Captains used to tease us Americans that we already spoke bad German, lol.

That or the Germans speak archaic early medieval English as brought to GB by their ancestral Angles and Saxons invaders. Then the Norman French added to the mix and both the English and Americans, and their colonists, added vocabulary from virtually every source on Earth that they ran across. English is a totally hybrid, or if you prefer mongrel, language and richer for it. :bigsmile:

Hey guys, as a few of you may have noticed the shipping times have been a little longer than usual this past week. I've been running solo while Lisa went to visit family, so I've fallen a little behind. I apologize, and I'm working as hard as I can to get everything out the door as quickly as possible. Lisa will be back tomorrow, so things will return to their normal lightning-like speed!

Thanks for being so patient.

Take your time; I’m in no hurry. I totally understand being busy. :slight_smile:

No problem… btw is there any offering for triple XP-G2 S2 version soon? or XP-L on noctigon? :smiley:

Not that I know of, although I'm sure that it will happen eventually.

Is the XP-L an xm die on an xp substrate? If it is then the domes won’t fit in triple optics. You wound have to shave them.

Shave or completely de-dome, depending on how the bond wires are arranged. The optics tend to fit very close to the actual die, might not be able to slice the dome off that close without hitting a bond wire.

I have a few coming, plan to figure that issue out, and test tint shift. I had bought a scalpel a little while back just for slicing domes. :slight_smile: Works well, but there are still issues.

There may not be a need to dedome those XP-L's if you're patient. Carclo told me they're working on optics. I'll gladly wait for those and get their full potential rather than dedoming. If only we could get a 24mm of the S3 so the new quad copper XP board could be used...the smallest quad optics are 24mm.

I'd still like to see those tests though.

When I looked up the XP-L, I found explicit confirmation that they don’t fit into carlco optics, or into most other XP-G TIRs. And it does indeed seem to be an XM-L-sized die on a XP-G-sized backing. It’s supposed to get roughly 26% more lumens at the same power level, compared to XP-G2… so, roughly three lumen bins higher. Not sure if the surface brightness will be higher or lower though, since the die itself is larger.

I’m not sure if the shaved/flattened dome edges will affect the beam pattern, but I suspect it may look a little strange. XM-L already has a vaguely squareish spill beam shape on small lights, but I’m not sure what XP-L will look like.

I built one of the 16340 lights used the square-sided XB-D emitter...vs. the XP-G2 I can't tell much difference really.

I wonder if the smaller solder pad of the xpl will limit it to xp level drive currents rather than xm levels.