MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I built it in conjunction with Richard, he mentor’ed me on it as it were. I find it difficult to pull back from 100%. :slight_smile: The full blown dragster is pulling 16-18A, maybe more! You start out holding a neat moon mode soup can, and a few clicks later you have a cinder in your hand!

Gonna have to get Richard to illuminate the cell differences and level of build differences. Sorry.

I watched the video again to see exactly what was taking place. The amperage fell down to around 7.69A then starting climbing slowly back up. I didn’t make a full 2 minutes but only a minute and a half, at which point the amperage was back up to 7.92A. But the heat at the head got unbearable, even in just that 1 1/2 minutes on Turbo. The output stabilized pretty well around the 2300 lumen mark for a while, surprising it stabilized anywhere considering the size of this light and the power level of the 3 emitters.

Obviously, Turbo isn’t something that could be used for very long. The lower modes are nice, even level 5 at 1200 lumens seems very bright, level 6 makes you think you’ve reached the top and level 7 is just nuts.

Levels 1 through 4 may be nice useful modes that can used for a while, and hey, 275 lumens is a lot of light under most circumstances. The other, drain the cell modes are just FUN!

Next Mod 1 and Mod 2 I build I will get lumens measurements of all the levels and post them here, instead of just the highest level. The other ones I have never measured...I just went by what looked good to me.

Holy ()*&^!

I’m not usually into obscene amounts of light, but that’s flat-out amazing! I’m almost tempted to try replicating the build just so I can watch how people react to it when it turns on in turbo mode. If I saw that in person, I might literally not believe my eyes, thinking I was hallucinating or dreaming or something.

Thanks Richard. Out of curiosity which meter are you using? From threads and pictures, a lot of the meters discussed are pretty much the same in the <$40 range.

ToyKeeper, have a look at a couple of beamshots in the Sinner Cypreus thread I have, and a couple of posts down from this are the same shots with the M6 for comparison.

Pretty staggering to think this little Cu light with a single 18350 is getting so near the mighty M6! Obviously, it won’t run long at these levels. Still, using the light in the lower modes for sanity sake then using level 7 as needed can be quite the eye opener! :slight_smile:

Or an eye closer if you are on the receiving end :wink:

I do my work on a laminate surface that is near white. When I got this triple installed in the head, I loosely connected a cell to it and bumped connection with my hemostats to ensure it was functioning, ran it up through the modes with the lens end of the head about 3 inches from the work surface. That 6th level was pretty intense, 7 was blinding! I assembled the light with a big purple/blue/green splotch in my vision.

Richard, for those who want it how about offering a sphere readings option for XX extra for your modified lights? Test at all levels and specify conditions (batteries used etc). Include legal mumbo jumbo about this not being official ANSI lumens reading etc. Anyone other than me be interested? Might be worthwhile having if/when decide to sell a light so the prospective buyer does not think you are claiming Chilumens! :wink: .

Looking forward to your readings and any accompanying comments.

I would be fine providing readings for free with the custom lights.

Richard;

Sounds good but I suggested the charge due to the added time it will take you to do the testing. Your prices are already more than reasonable so far as many of your customers are concerned. I am not really trying to add to your work load but if possible would appreciate the info for the lights you are currently working on for me.

Richard, are you plannning to restock the triple spacers for the Convoy s2/s6?

Yes, I have been getting quotes to get them machined again.

It really isn't too much extra time since I usually test the peak output of the lights anyways. Not a concern.

I see that you are offering the Convoy L4 now. From all I have read this is a great light. Have u considered offering a modded version of this one?

I probably will, but not for another month or so. I am going to get all of the current orders wrapped up before the move then in about a month or so I will release some new stuff.

Sweet! Any chance of getting them made in copper?

I went to pay for my shopping cart I built (last night!) and the XP-L triple is out of stock… Happens fast!

3 sold in 22 hours!

It’s getting harder to keep up with my favorite threads. Argh!

I am having them quoted as well.