MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Optically, I'd say yes. It is also less likely to shatter; however, it scratches easier.

I've used a ton of UCLp's in lots of sizes - haven't had any issues. They probably would scratch easier, but haven't had any issues myself with them. For some reason Chris isn't responsive to reseller requests (sorry Richard - no luck with him bout that either), but I've found he responded quickly to my requests for custom sizes, and ships quickly too.

Flashlightlens.com has cheaper shipping than customlites as well, that’s probably the route I’ll go. Now I just need to justify to myself that 3% more output and a fancy blurple coating is worth $8……

If we're going to start buying only what we can justify Richard might as well close up shop right now.

I’ve found that the UCL and UCLp from Chris are about the best AR lenses to be found. With the monster output lights you see the greatest gains, I’ve seen 17Kcd improvement on a thrower with a lens swap. When you’ve worked hard to get that Courui doing 348Kcd and a lens swap gives you 365Kcd, it’s worth it!

I also recently saw something else happen. I got an older Olight M3X Triton that came with an AR coated lens. The coating was a different color than the lens in the Javelot and it put out a blue ring of light around the outer edge, from the kickback internally on the coating. Removing the lens made that blue ring disappear. Putting the UCLp in it also improved output and the blue ring is gone. I would have thought the fairly expensive line of Olight lights would have an excellent AR coating, perhaps the older ones still needed improvement…this one was an XM-L light. Now it’s an MT-G2 light. :slight_smile:

Looking back at some purchases, I’ve bought quite a few lenses from Chris! lol About 8 of the 35mm ones for Eagle Eye X6’s. The largest I’ve bought was 96mm? , ironically also for an Olight…the massive SR-90 Intimidator. This one’s doing 610Kcd easily through the UCLp and when the lens is that huge, having it disappear is really cool. :slight_smile:

FWIW LSX was recently unable to get a response from them over a shipping address issue on the website. LSX - Buying from flashlightlens.com

I’ve been having similar results on a lot of different lights… almost anything with AR coating. It makes that blue ring, but it also makes the beam warmer and green. Yuck. I’d happily take a 5% loss of output if it means I can have a good tint, but on many high-end lights the lens isn’t replaceable. :frowning:

This effect might not be obvious at first, but after seeing it it’s hard to ignore. So I’m always on a quest to find replacement lenses…

Hey RMM… Just curious if you’ve got any more XP-L inbound in the 3D tint?

ToyKeeper, have you tried a lens from flashlightlensdotcom? The glass lens (UCL) is thin and dang near invisible, rated at something like 99% transmission. The UCLp acrylic lenses are all 2.25mm and some 98% transmission.

What size is your favorite? I know you like the smaller lights so the UCL would probably be necessary and Chris’ range of sizes in those is sort of limited.

Yes I do. Should be in this week.

2A as well?

I haven’t tried those yet. Been meaning to, but there seems to be a strong correlation between AR lenses and glued threads, so it’s difficult to get some of them apart. I’ll most likely get some D25A lenses there though, if I can, and a BLF X6 lens. Perhaps one for an Olight S10 too, though I’ve found that the cheap UF-602C lens works there.

Unfortunately, I can’t replace the lens or LED on any Zebralights, and one D25A still refuses to let me get the pill out.

Yes indeed!

Richard, when are you expecting the BLF17DD-Z boards back in?

Also, have you thought about stocking those Oshpark 22/24/26mm contact boards? It would honestly make more sense for me just to buy one at a time for two dollars apiece (or whatever you would have to charge to be profitable) as I need them.

Looking through my wish list getting ready to place an order, do you have any XinTD c8 flashlights comming anytime soon or should I look elsewhere for one of those?

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=80

Hey RMM I purchased a small holster from you and absolutely love it. I need more just wondering when they will be in stock?

I'm not going to be carrying any more bare BLF17DD-Z boards. I put the rest of them available as drivers. Once those are gone, I am going to be switching to the single sided boards that can serve double duty.

I remember seeing the boards, but I can't remember who made them? At any rate, contact boards aren't an issue even to make from scratch.

I assume that you're talking about the XP-G2 version? Yes, I always have more on the way when they are available.

Should be on Monday, although it would probably be cheaper for you to just buy a holster from Fasttech or somewhere else, unless you're ordering other stuff too.

your right, I was talking about the xpg2, sorry for not clarifying that. Which XinTD flashlight throws the furthest between the xpg2 and XML's? That's all I'm looking for in this particular light, seeing as far as I can see. If you have another recommendation I'm all ears! I'm ready to order now or I can wait for the right light, definitely getting a charger and p60 drop in from you today tho.

The XP-G2 definitely throws farther. The hotspot on the XP-G2 is very focused. They put a different reflector in that model to complement the XP-G2 and it works very well.