MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

You mean swapped? No, I double checked.

Have you checked the resistor values with a DMM? Checked for a bridge between pins 7 and 8?

No I guess I haven’t checked with a DMM, I assumed Mouser stuff would be accurate.

Definitely no bridges.

This driver has been rebuilt a few times, and R1 was looking kind of worn. I replaced R1 with a new one and now it reads 126 at 3v. That’s more like it. thanks for the help.

thanks ToyKeeper, look forward to trying this code out. stashed it in evernote for now :nerd_face:

Looks like the big battery is being delivered today, so there should be a restock of just about everything.

Has anyone here used the LG MH1? It is supposed to be equivalent, or better, to the Panasonic BD, but it is also about $1 cheaper per cell. 3200mAh rated capacity and 10A continuous discharge. This test (along with my distributor's tests) show the MH1 as outclassing the Panasonic BD in both total capacity and voltage sag, so along with the lower price I'm pretty excited to get it.

Also, I will be adding more FET drivers this weekend, along with 10 of the TK61 drivers. I'll be doing 10 only for now. I was hoping that more people would build their own, but so far I haven't heard of anyone that has taken the plunge!

Never heard of it, but that MH1 does sound very nice. I might have to grab a couple.

I'm having trouble navigating the site, I can't find the piece together kits for drivers or the attiny pre flashed chips or (if you sell it) brain chips for FET drivers.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_104&product_id=311

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_104&product_id=257

first sighting by eas back in December, I may have to buy some of these when they arrive! :cash:

The LG MH1 is an interesting cell, it looks like we have a new high capacity champ :slight_smile:

This is the complete kit for the "newer" single-sided drivers. These kits will work with all of the LFPAK56-based single-sided boards that I know of, such as Wight's SO8 series or the MTN series. I try to keep my PCB prices the same as what you would get them for directly from OSHPark.

The MCUs (brain chips ) are available here.

Please note that the FET kits include a programmed MCU (now also known as "brain chip").

Lol at “Brain Chips”

The LG MJ1 looks more interesting. 3500mAh and 10A

http://www.keeppower.com.cn/products_detail.php?id=502

We will have to wait and see if testing confirms this performance.

“Zener mod is not recommended for momentary switch applications”
Isn’t this hard for our 6v emitters with mom switch?

The zener mod would have a parasitic drain when used with a momentary switch driver. Instead of a zener you can use a regulator.

Zener or Regulator is there only to protect the Brain Chip (mcu) from frying! Due to the 2S-3S voltage (brain chip (mcu) 5.5v max?)You can still use the zener, just lock it out for long periods of storage or after use, if possible. Both still have parasitic drain, with the Regulator just not as much? Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m still learning……

Yep. I would recommend a regulator over doing zener and locking it out to cut parasitic drain. Always having to lock it out seems like a pain.

Yes but some regulators can have a very tiny drain.

Richard -

Are the 18650MH1 coming on this order and were you planning on the 18650MJ1 (3500mah)?

Someone ought to design a driver pcb such that the traces coming out from the MCU are shaped like a brain: