MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Maybe just silkscreen a picture of a brain under the mcu footprint? Or better yet, silkscreen on the battery side of a 1-sided driver.

If I designed my own drivers, I’d have all sorts of fun with the silks.

Here is a quick test of the soon to be released LG 18650MJ1 3500mah looks very good, can’t wait for HKJ to do a proper test of these :slight_smile:

I do sometimes have fun with designs. The small drivers I do don’t usually have room though.

I was thinking it would have to be a larger sized driver board, and fairly complex, so that it had plenty of opportunity for traces. Something like Richard’s TK61 driver might even be a good candidate. If it were a simpler driver, but large enough, a few fake or redundant traces added to complete the brain shape would be okay, too.

I dunno. Maybe a novelty light inside a clear plexi box would work better. Something where you could see all the guts, including the “brain chip” and “brain pcb”.

I gotta hava xhp light.

Talk to Old-Lumens. He can hook you up. :bigsmile:

I want to build it :p

is the supfire L3 reflector about the same as a stock yz-t08 in terms of throw?

What host/light use’s the 26mm driver?

That is why the 22mm MTN FET has an LDO option. I also have a 17mm and 20mm with an LDO, but I am waiting for those PCBs to come in. I have already built and tested them.

I usually move at a relatively glacial pace when it comes to releasing new products because I don't like to release lights or drivers that I haven't tested. Not just testing on the bench, but out in the "real world" as well. I hate releasing stuff that doesn't work and last. For example, the 17mm LDO driver you see here has been around since the beginning of January. I've been testing these in lights and on the bench for a long time. I let them run through several batteries, different voltages, and extended runtimes. I would hate to build 100 of these, have people get them in lights, then 100 hours later have the LDO fail or something like that. My goal is zero failures.

17mm LDO

No clue. I had requests for a few, so I built a few.

Yes, I got the MH1 in yesterday but haven't listed them yet.

The MJ1 isn't available yet. You can always plan on me carrying the "latest and greatest" cells, especially if they are requested.

I need some Titanium toothpicks, I was eating brain chips in an effort to improve my memory and those little pesky metal legs keep getting stuck between my teeth…

:stuck_out_tongue:

I broke another brain chip today. I don't know how I keep doing that.

luckily it was just a stock 105D driver, not a big loss.

You broke one?

It’s the same part, same loss, whether it’s on a 105, or on a FET driver.

What are you doing when they "break"? Overheating the chip?

LD0 requires firmware changes?

No.

Hah! I knew this would come in handy one day. :slight_smile:

Just take your Texas Poker and run it through a chipper/shredder, and you’ll have plenty of Titanium toothpicks to last you a while! :evil:

this time... I was stacking 7135's and the driver jumped out of the alligator clips. Something shot off the driver and I heard it hit the wall but I couldn't find any tiny components on the floor. hooked up a battery and LED and it won't power on. I stuck one of the qlite drivers with guppydrv in the light after I stacked drivers on it. It was a build for a friend.

I just just want to clarify, if I want a xhp70 in a light, the FET with Zener mod 6V LVP would be a proper driver for it right? 2s 18650's.