MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Nothing newer than the LG HE4, although the super high-drain cells are still at 2500mAh, I'm sure that higher capacity cells will be introduced in the future. There are some rumors of 3000mAh super high-drain cells (20A+) coming in a few months, but nothing for sure for now. The best compromise cells are still the Panasonic PF and BD and the new LG MH1 which is a Pana. BD competitor with 10A continuous discharge rating and 3200mAh.

RMM
Have you tried any XHP’s in a Convoy M1 or M2 to see what the hot spot looks like since they have OP reflectors? Just wondering if a XHP pocket rocket is doable.

Have you tried a XHP in a Supfire L3 yet to se how bad of a cross or donut it has?

Also is there a ETA when you will have more C8 host and mechanics solder paste?

I was going to build a Convoy S5 XHP50 pocket rocket, until someone in the family decided to misplace my qlite zener mod kit :sad:

I have build a XHP50 S8. It has become really nice with a very acceptable beam. See post #671 of the xhp50/70 thread:

Also makes me want to just get on the FET driver bandwagon :cash:

No white wall shots? :frowning:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/30860?page=22#comment-727519

at your service , in this other beamshot thread, post #64 :

I can drop an M2 reflector over an XHP50. Just give me a few hours

The stock OP reflector does a very nice job with it.

This is one serious flashlight! Right at 3000 lumens, 8 ounce copper pill, finned, by Buck and a 304SS 2 cell battery tube also by Buck. You go to pick it up off the shelf and think it’s glued down or something! lol

Here is “popcorn ceiling” shot of a neutral XHP50 in an M2 reflector with a small spacer under the reflector. The white balance is off, but it shows the beam decently i guess. It definitely doesn’t look that ringy in person. It’s pretty floody, but definitely very usable.

That looks awesome in the M2. I got a XHP50 3D tint coming from LEDDNA and a Convoy M1 host not being used. Now I need a driver. Which would work better. A a zener modded DD17 or a zener modded Nanjg 105C with 16x 7135?

Is there a how to on Zener modding the njang drivers somewhere that I'm missing?

Here's a guide. You can use the same principle to zener mod pretty much any driver.

That does look good in the M2! I hope that the M1 looks that good as well. Might have to build one to try out.

Wow, history lesson time. Remove the input diode next to the mcu and replace it with a 200 ohm 0805 resistor and place the Zener diode from the mcu side of that resistor to ground. Easiest spot is stick it on top(or along side)of the capacitor. RMM sells kits with both parts + detailed instructions.

Edit- See!

When are you going to sell some 10mm drivers? I saw over in wight’s 10mm FET +1 7135 driver thread that you have a single sided 10mm driver board. (Well, that you were thinking of changing to a sand-able 11mm board) You said you were going to be sharing the board soon, but when are you going to start selling pre-made 10mm drivers? I need one and I don’t have what it takes to make my own.

Richard, do you know if four 10mm sinkpad with xp-l would fit in one of your modded 4-UP quad optics?
Thank you very much.

Hi, I need to order the newer boards, so it might be a little bit, unless you want a 10mm board and know it will fit (or you can make it fit).

Just wondering...

Any reason the UltraOK SK68 isn't listed in the flashlights category? I've only been able to access the page through a search. You'd probably sell more if they were categorized.

Oops. I was wondering why they have been so slow!

Yes, if you're glutton for a little bit of punishment. I think that the OD of the Sinkpads will actually need to be slightly more than 20mm due to the outside wire connections.