MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Also, copper braid those springs. That will make a huge difference.

The dotted line is the black body line, or Plankian curve, and doesn’t represent pure white except for at the .33x, .33y (approximately) central mix of colors. The dotted line will vary greatly from left to right. White being an equal mix of all colors, it’s a definite spot on the curve where white occurs.

It’s more complicated than it seems, to be sure, as temperatures affect apparent colors and the idealistic black body line is misleading.

Thanks guys. Just ordered 2 with 1A tint.

Hi Richard

Can you tell the reflector measures of Maxtoch M24 Sniper?

Thanks!

Interesting diagram, sort of a zoomed out version of the Cree chart. It looks like the “equal energy” point E is right at 4800K on the pink side of the BBL line… and the Cree 3D tint is about 4750K to 5000K just on the pink side of the BBL line. The Nichia 219B is precisely in that area as well. Must be why I like that tint so much. :slight_smile:

This explains a bit about how to do that, for anyone new to it:

What I want to know is how to attach springs to the driver in the first place. I haven’t had much success getting solid sturdy connections.

The CIE1933 chart is what we as photographers deal with figuring out proper colors (among other things). The white triangle shows what most monitors will display, while the color spectrum of the actual photo is much larger. My Dell Professional monitor has a much broader gamut than a standard monitor, showing more vivid reds and greens but it’s always tough to process pictures and then have clients look at them on a phone.

I really prefer white, no tint, but it’s not something easily found with LED’s.

Hi Richard,

I made order 7167 ten days ago. What is the status?.

Thank you very much.

Please send an e-mail.

I haven’t had an L3 yet. I know the site says you can’t fit 2 protected batteries in it. Can it be easily modified to work with 2 protected batteries, such as no driver spring? I’d be replacing the LED and driver anyway.

One warning I have for the L3 is the threads are small and seem like they’d be easy to cross thread.

I love the defined hotspot and even spill that the reflector gives.

Add a little bit of flux, and you should be golden. If you have a spring that's being difficult, pre-tin it with flux and solder before adding it to the driver.

I like to use solder paste for putting the spring on the driver. Pre-tin the spring, sit it on the paste and apply the iron. Baddabingbaddaboom, smoke and mirrors!

That is a great idea!

Richard, could you look into getting the new Small Sun ZY - T43? I don’t know what heat sinking it has but the form factor is really nice. It’s basically a Small Sun ZY T08 with just a side switch.
Link

It might be nice for MTG2 or XHP70 mods.

I'll second that! Maybe a GB to kick start it?

The Small Sun ZY T43, I’m not sure if he would want to include that charger. Fair bet its not quality cc/cv with solid termination. Chargers included with charging port lights always seem to be bad.

I’m currently using the following batteries:

• For high performance scenarios, Efest Purples 2500mah.
  • For semi-high performance but better runtime scenarios, Panasonic BDs 3200 mah.

I’m looking for replacement batteries for the above scenarios, but at better pricing, at 4.2v (not 4.35v)? Would the following be good choices, can better recommendations be made?

• For high performance scenarios, LG HE4 2500mah or Samsung 25R 2500mah.
  • For semi-high performance but better runtime scenarios, LG MH1 3200 mah - still quite expensive.

Richard, compared to the above, how well does the Enova battery perform?

And, why don’t you stock the LG 18650 HE2? It seems to actually be a better performer than the Efest Purples, up to 15A, at a much better price?

Thanks

No worries there, I'm fairly certain he would not be selling kits....

HJK’s battery comparator is here……

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

Pick the batteries you want to compare, and if you find one you want more info about hit the
“See test/review”
link right below the battery selection box.

Hope that helps some.

Jim