MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I'm looking for a good driver for my newly acquired Supfire L3. Would like to see about 4amps at the emitter, not much more +-.3amp and no DD. What would you suggest?

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing that with a few tweaks the stock driver may be able to do it. I was thinking about doing some experiments with it this morning. It uses the QX9920 controller, which is well known.

The stock driver looked terrible to me, all very tiny parts. Didn't look like it could handle much. But what do I know. I've already stripped the board and put a 12X 380mAh Nanjg in it. I probably should have at least done a tail cap reading and given it a chance. Problem is, obviously I can only run it with one battery now. I would like to run both batteries.

I'll let everyone know what I find out. I think that it may take just a few part swaps to get it up to a reliable 4A. I have a 22mm buck driver, but that's a much more expensive endeavor, so a budget option is always nice.

Please tell me more about the 22mm buck driver. I didn't see it.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32835#node-38687

RMM

Have you tried a XHP in the SupFire L3 yet? If yes, how bad is the cross or donut hotspot?

I haven't. I've had a few customers who have told me they did it, and liked it, but I'm guessing that there is still some cross there. I haven't seen any SMO lights yet that you could fully get rid of it with, which makes sense...since if the reflector is focusing at all, it will necessarily have to show that lack of light from the space between the dies. That's why I'm still more of an MT-G2 fan .

Oooh! Me like me like! Send me a production sample and I will help test it?

One 22mm please, for my L3.

The 22mm has already been fairly well tested, but I made another small revision to the PCB, and so I'm waiting to test that small tweak before I release it.

Why wait? I could be testing it for you right now. :wink:

Can your LD-29 be cranked up to ~3 or 4 amps? If so, how. .015 sense res.?
Thank you!

Does anyone have a closeup of the spring side of RMM’s Moonlight driver?
I, uh, melted a tiny little thing off it — I think it was a resistor, flat rectangle, bridging a spot on the board to the ground ring.
The item was just clockwise from the solder option point numbered “2”
I say it was.

Took too much heat getting the driver grounded to the pill and when I looked, that bit was gone.

Driver still works with a white emitter; it blew up an amber XPE for me though.

RMM’s next add on service: Superglue components to the driver.

It's a 0805 1uF X7R capacitor. You should be able to solder it back on if you still have it.

Hi Richard, have you developed a solution for zener diode’s parasitic drain?

No zener drain at all when the circuit isn’t complete. Usually easy enough but in those cases that loosening the battery tube is inadequate many times a mechanical switch can be placed for lockout. I’ve got lockout switches on my Courui’s, and on the big Olight SR90 now too.

Just a shout out for the EVVA 5200mah 26650 from MTN Electronics.

Had them on the Opus 3100 (v2.1) overnight at the 2A/1A setting and they reported 5350mah.
I know this is relative to the charger but overall, I am very pleased with this capacity.

Loosing tailcap is an easy solution but in some flashlights it’s not easy.

Short back story so everyone is on the same page……

I placed an order….(A)

Then realized I forgot a couple things.

Another order (B)

Both these had custom things in them, so I knew it would be a few days before they were ready.

Several days later, I received notice some things I was waiting for where back in stock.

Another order……© Nothing custom in this one.

RMM noticed, and combined them into one shipment.
And refunded the difference for the shipping. 8)

That’s taking care of your customers!

Thanks Richard, I wish more shops shared your commitment to going that extra mile when you didn’t really have to.
Its very much appreciated.

Jim