MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Pissy? In all seriousness, compared to the rest of the internet, my post was, by all accounts, a glowing review with feedback. Anyway, no hard feelings toward anyone.

Don’t do that. There’s no place comparable.

That's correct. bugsy36 - yes, this is the classic Werner UI as I understand it. I like it, but I added a timeout of about 1.2 secs or so -- if you stay on a mode for more than that time, you lock-in the mode, then, 1 click will turn the light OFF. It's just my spin/preference on it. I've had some ask to remove that "mode lock-in timeout" - everyone has their personal preference. In mine, I left in in the long click to go to the previous mode, then the lock-in is cleared, so short clicks will go forward again. Some say it's too complicated and they could be right - it's all good.

I think when you go to lots of modes of 5 or more, then the lock-in/OFF feature is a good thing, but for 3 modes or less, probably not that useful. I shy away from double clicks because I'd rather be able to click fast thru modes, and not get them confused with a double click.

thanks richard-- I'm going to try not to bother you much until after christmas. I hope you and the family have a good one!

Ps, if you could restock on those mtn17dd pcb's that'd be great :p and 90+cri nichias, and the big copper triple slugs, and and and... I can't help it I'm needy!

/e no wait scratch that on the pcb...I see what's been updated now, my previous query the other day...I don't want to say it out loud because I know the tool that bought a ton(last of your stock) of the v1.11 17dd pcb's and I don't need to give him ideas about my new choice of pcb's. ;) thanks!

/e now I'm that tool! And I have to tear apart this perfectly good sinner I just built to swap drivers... I see no end in sight, it's never good enough, thanks richard!

As far as stickers go "mtnelectronics" or "mountain electronics llc" logos would be fine.

I'm definitely going to get some stickers and maybe magnets. I've had some help throwing around ideas from our fellow madman Dale.

@Richard,

Pay no attention to that Dale guy… He talks too much.

Thanks, Dale! :slight_smile:

-Chuck

Oh great, what size batteries will the sticker take? First stickers with thermal path copper and firmware…

The stickers will be available in packs of three or four…. With corresponding optics….

What tints will the stickers be available in?

As the stickers will be flat from manufacturing, will you offer a “dome” service for them to be able to see them from a greater angle?

Magnets… you could go for MTN Electronics led throwies!

I shortened that post about my frustration. I shared my feelings, but those feelings don’t need to be immortalized.
I appreciate your store Richard. Happy holidays, and take care.

I have only ordered from him once (back in August) and it was a pretty good experience. I had an xhp50 P60 built and he answered all my questions promptly and with a good attitude. I love drop in, it works great, and puts out quite of bit of light from its L2 host.

Anyways, I understand the frustrations of others but I myself am willing to wait for things to get straightened out. I’m not going to be in the buying market until maybe after Christmas anyways so hopefully by then he can get through the holiday rush, get his correspondence issues squared away and be back up and running strong. I have my eye on a couple more P60s, a uf-1504 xpl hi, and maybe the parts for a triple xpl hi dd convoy build.

Back in stock:

• Most batteries
  • Most drivers

Coming back in the next few days (have already shipped):

• Most Convoy
  • Most LEDs

New/Revived Products:

• Sony VTC4 & VTC5 | Flat Top & Button Top

Why does my medium mode kick down to moonlight? Guppydrv rev2. I usually have my light tailstanding on medium or low depending on .... But anyway this new rev 2 FET driver I put in my sinner likes to kick down to moonlight at random. at forst I thought it was a liw battery issue but the cells are still 3.6/3.8/4.0/4.1 when it happens. (Vtc5 or 25R) I switched mode groups to 5% & 100% and even the 5% mode kicks down to moonlight whenever it feels like it. I haven't set any turbo timer on this light yet that I am aware of.

Just fyi, this sinner is pretty awesome. I'm getting 12.3A at the tailcap with triple xpl's. The 30% medium makes the head hot but the battery tube and tail stay warm enough you can hang onto it forever and it kicks out a TON of light. I want to try a 25% medium to see if the head still gets as hot, probably will.

Does it ramp down quickly like a low battery, or jump straight to moonlight?

Jumps straight to moonlight. It will "ramp down" when the batteries hit 2.8V Like it should, a couple flashes and it's there. When it drops to moonlight it's a quick flash to moonlight. When I cycle the mode it goes to high, then back to low.

My lights have GuppyDrv2 and I can’t explain what you are seeing. Is it possible your switch is the issue? Does tapping the tail on the floor or lightly massaging the switch bring it back from ‘moonlight’?

That's bizarre. I've seen that happen on some super high amp lights (like 10A+) but only in the 50%-80% mode range...never in the 33% or below, and definitely not in the 5%. Make sure that your ground and all connections are solid. If that doesn't work, send me a PM and we'll get something worked out.

Well, here we go again. Have you ever had one of those times when you just wanted to build something different? I got some extension tubes for the M2-Z flashlight so it could be more easily utilized for XHP50 and MT-G2 builds and needed to try them out. Well, I also saw the reflowed XHP35 I had sitting there and though I'd make sure that it worked too!

XHP35 in the part-OP reflector. I think that a SMO may work better though, but I don't have any right now (most regular C8 reflectors fit in this light). This reflector works great with a shaved XHP50.

Is it a bit long? Yeah, but it's got runtime! This one has a MTN-MAX 22mm in it running at about 2.9A output. This way I can run 4x18650 of any type and not worry about frying the LED. I guess I could also put 5 on there if I wanted to...

------

I hope you guys are getting excited for Christmas! I know I am. This is the first time that my son is old enough to realize what is going on, so I am very excited for him.

I think that after you see this you'll agree that I should not be providing such a service! To my defense, it was 2 A.M. and for some reason Vinh likes to engrave sitting on the floor instead of at a table.

Hello, I have a hankering (southern USA term) for a tan meteor in cool white. Any ideas about when they might be back in stock? I would probably settle for a gray if there is a big time differential. P. S. Thanks for all you do for us flashlight nuts!

No, the switch doesn't seem to be an issue, I just tried beating it off my hand a few times and it didn't change modes or anything. I double sprung and braided the driver, tailswitch has a brass button, definitely good solid contact, it grabs on the second turn but still has 3/16" play or better. Enough play that I was debating installing a 5mm copper spacer.

Another thing that rules out the switch being an issue is the mode group I have it set to now is 5%-100%, if the tailswitch was changing modes it still wouldn't end up on Moonlight.

honestly I haven't even put a amp meter on anything but high mode, fully charged vtc5 it read 12.3a. The driver is soldered to the pill, and there is an extra ground wire inside the pill that is bolted in and soldered to the ground ring inside. This is the first driver I have installed that didn't have a high pitched whine when on a medium or low mode.....that or maybe the copper host and O rings do a better job of insulating the noise?

Anyway, I'm probably pulling this driver to try out the new mtn17ddM when it gets here. I don't have another triple around here to try it in but if you want to stick it in a light and see what you can see I'll send it back to ya. I'm not trying to say it's defective or get reimbursed because it does still work... It's just weird that it has a turbo timer on low mode and I was just thinking I could gain some insight here.