MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Doesn't look overheated; all of the shiny dark stuff is just flux.

What kind of batteries are you using? Was the driver retaining ring tight? If it's only doing it only on turbo then either the batteries aren't up to the task or there is a loose connection somewhere.

When you put it back together, make 100% sure that you do not get any wires pinched between the driver and the host. This can easily happen, and if you get a red wire pinched you will have a short to ground which will not be pretty. You will want to tighten the retaining ring as tight as you can get it otherwise it can loosen when you tighten and loosen the body tube it can loosen the retaining ring.

30Q button tops have been in this light from the start. I’ll look more closely for a loose connection and take care in reassembly. Thanks for the quick reply. :beer:

Is there a parasitic drain on the M6? I ask because when he gave me the light the batteries were at 3.1 volts. I initially thought that was the problem but after a full charge it still steps down.

edit: at 3.1 volts the light was stepping down to moonlight after a few more seconds.

Not much...you can go 4-6 months and only lose 0.2-0.4v on the batteries.

Can I just send you the bad one and if you have one fine, if not you can throw it away.

Awesome, Thanks Richard :+1:

Hi Richard

I’ve built one of your 26mm MTN MAX-HP drivers last night, 0.04 ohm sense resistor for 5 amps with 2S battery setup. I’ve tested it before fitting on my bench power supply and I’m only getting around 2-2.5 amps @ 8.4 volts. If I bring the volts down, the amps go up to around 3-3.2 amps? I’m running the optional C2 capacitor, no C_OUT capacitor - don’t have. I’m running this coilcraft conductor. All the other components are according to your 22mm driver configuration described here.

The other problem I have is the LVP. I’m seeing it kick in only around 4.0-4.5v. I’m using a value of 161 for ADC, R1 = 36k, R2 = 4.7k.

Do you maybe have any recommendations on the above?

The MTN-MAX driver you have is a bit different---it's the newer one with the gate driver. Ditch the extra input capacitors, you only want a small amount. Just use the smaller C2 if you can get away with it.

If you want, but really it would just be easier if you looked at the switches available to see if any of them are a close match.

Thanks Richard. I’ve removed C1. Still only seeing 2.5 amps @ 8.4v instead of 5 amps. At least now if the volts drops, the amps does not increase. Any other recommendations Richard? Regarding the LVP that seems to be out, is my value of 161 correct?

The LVP issue and the incorrect output are related. I need to know exactly what parts you used---send me a PM and we can work through the details. The bigger boards are more temperamental, especially with the higher voltage setups.

Thanks Richard, will pm some more info.

Just a quick announcement for those of you who didn't see it on the website:

We will be closed until February 11th.

-----

After we come back, we will have a great moving sale (we're moving to a bigger location), so stay tuned for some great deals!

Whew! I am glad you’re staying in business. I think you guys are the best thing going.

Thanks!

+1 to that

Me too…couldn’t live without you…well…my flashlights couldn’t, lol!!

I got an e-mail this week from someone who thought we were out of business....I am not sure why someone would think that. We have closed down for a few days several times before (we do have to take a break sometimes too!). We're not going anywhere anytime soon---except for onwards and upwards. We need more space and I need more help, so we're going to be moving to a new place, but we're not going anywhere.

Needing a bigger space sounds encouraging, Richard. Happy for you!

Deals are always good... LOL I need some sk68 type tail switches...

Like these ?

Ouch, didn’t see this notice when I visit the international site, and made the purchased.
No wonder my email and order went silent until today.
My hope to get it fast, end up with long delay. sigh