MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

No.

Richard, would you by chance have any more XHP50s in 5D0? I bought one last summer and it is by far my most favorite LED. I didn’t see them advertised on your site any longer. I haven’t really heard much talk of them, so I’m assuming they weren’t a huge seller for you. Thanks.

They were replaced by the 5A0 tint. 5A0 is slightly more pink than 5D0. I bought another reel and got 5A0 instead of 5D0 this time (you don't get to choose a specific tint bin; just a range of tints).

Here is the link.

I just paid additional order (24400).
Just want to notice that if my previous order already shipped I would like to cancel this one and get full refund.
Since I’m not in US so shipping cost little bit pricey just for 2 small items.
I know you got lot works and emails to respond. Although I already put some note within my order.

All the best for the new residence Richard. Keep up the good (hard) work. :beer:

Im about to make my first order soon.

I want to convert a 2s FET driver light to e-switch, which means possibly adding an LDO. It currently is zener modded. It is the 20mm driver from mtn that I think does not have the spot on the board for an LDO. Is it possible for me to purchase and wire the LDO up? I’m ok with messy looking wiring and small soldering.

Yes, you could do that, or you could just get the board that fits the LDO directly. You could swap over your existing components and just add the LDO and an extra 10uF capacitor (you wouldn't use the diode or 200 ohm resistor any longer).

Here is the link to the board at Oshpark. If you'd like, I can also add it as an option on the website along with the LDO I use.

I wonder if it possible for you to built 10” mtnlitebar with HXP 35HI? :smiley:

RMM, do you plan on stocking any clear C8s?

+1, as a host please!

Yes, but with different optics, and really the output doesn't end up being much more. Right now, you are limited thermally and power wise on these, not on the LEDs, so going to a higher power LED doesn't really give you more output. The domeless LEDs do not work well in the reflectors I like to use---the lux actually decreases vs. domed reflectors, and these reflectors produce more lux than the dozens of others I've tried even with dedomed emitters. XHP35 HI gives you a nice flood/spot combination under 10 degree TIRs.

Yes, on both counts.

Thanks, I would appreciate if you added the board and LDO to the site. I will at least get the LDO and extra cap.

Something happened when I was trying to flash the MCU on this Zener modded FET driver, and now my Zener diode is dead. It is a short. Can the MCU be flashed with the Zener diode in place or should it be removed? The computer said USB port “power surge”. I guess the Zener diode fried from too much current, without the 200 Ohm resistor to limit the current?

I will work on getting them up tomorrow sometime.

Yes, I flash them all the time with the zener diode on---thousands of them. I wonder if you hooked it up wrong and shorted it somehow? The output should only be 5V maximum from your programmer, but with some limiting and voltage sag so a 4.3v-4.9v zener won't have any issues with that.

Thanks Richard. I guess something must have shorted.

EasyB: I added the PCB and LDO.

We also just got in some more Meteors, this time in black (S4 2B, S4 3D, S4 5D).

I appreciate all the hard work you folks do for the customer. Always a pleasure doing business with you. Thank you :slight_smile:

Tempting on the S4 5D…but couldn’t find any pictures on the tint.

Thanks! Much appreciated.