MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I need to measure it, but it is noticeably more intense than the XM-L2 version.

I am still working on the e-switch modification on the TR-J20, but in the mean time I have also been playing with a few other hosts.

I bought one of the 12 x XM-L "Supernight" lights off of Amazon to play with. It is about half the weight of the TR-J20, which is nice except that it doesn't handle as much heat. I put a zener modded FET driver in it with off-time memory and copper braided the springs. The thermal path between the two head sections was very poor, with only about 2-3 thin threads worth of connection. I filled the gap with a JB Weld + copper/aluminum powder mix, which drastically improved the thermal conductivity (does not interfere with future modifications or repairs.)

Due to the smaller head and thermal mass, I decided to limit this one down to around 10A-12A with King Kong 26650 cells. This gives around 8000 lumens OTF with fresh cells. This is still a lot of light and on the lower levels the light is very efficient and gives a ton of light AND a ton of runtime!

$89 + shipping. Please PM me if you'd like it.

Quick Specs:

• 3 x 26650 or 18650 (spacers included)
  • About 8,000 lumens on startup with good cells (King Kong, 25R, etc.)
  • 5 Mode Levels
  • Off-Time Memory
  • Turbo Timer at 45 seconds
  • Copper braided springs
A few pictures (please see the slight amount of visible JB weld)

Hey guys, in a few weeks we will be moving back to Seattle so from 8/19 until 8/26 no packages will be shipped from our store.

In the mean time, I am also going to be increasing the BLF discount code from the normal 2% up to 5% to help move some inventory and hopefully lighten our load a little bit.

Also, XTAR has allowed me to extend the sales price until the end of August, so you'll see the lower prices until then (while supplies last.)

Thanks!

lol… i didnt even know we had a code

I can hear my wife now, “Your buying more lights and light parts”? Groovy discount.

You should be able to click the post number to get it highlighted in the address bar, then copy and paste the address bar to that specific post by using the link button above. Post 1837 on page 62 has the instructions you’re looking for.

Clicking links to specific comment posts in huge threads almost never works (I brought this up in site issues). I’m guessing it’s because the amount of posts per page setting (I use 70 mobile/desktop, and I don’t have 62 pages for this thread).

Side note: Thanks for the discount bump RMM! I needed a set of cells for my K50v2! :beer:

You are probably correct. The default setting is 30 posts per page, and that is also what google uses when it indexes BLF. It might be a good idea to set your account to 30 also, so that direct post links will work. Yes, it’s a bit annoying, but there isn’t any easy solution to this (aside from some pretty significant changes to the forum code).

Er, yes please? :slight_smile:

The internet doesn’t seem to have a measurement for this yet.

I have a modded C8-style light which can do 88 kcd, but I would imagine the XinTD model has a nicer beam even if it’s not quite as intense.

The link I provided is directly to the post number. Should work regardless of how many posts you view in a thread, as the post number doesn’t change (usually)

At any rate, there’s todays effort to be helpful, shot down by contradictions in devices. Oh well.

That is what would make sense (at least how I think about it), but unfortunately it doesn’t.

^Page 61 (30 comment/page)

^Page 26 (70 comment/page)

Both directed at the same post number, but only work when viewing with that particular comment/page setting.

Nice to see those KK 26700 5000's on your site. I've found they fit the Yezl Y3 and F13 clones (UF group buy light, and a Paisen) pretty well, and of course The MaxToch Mission M12 (made to fit them). Does NOT fit in these lights I tried: HD2010's, SupFire L6, SolarStorm/FF K2, Poppas S7 zoomie. Tried in a BLF A8 carefully, and it will work, but can't tighten the tailcap fully.

If you get these, please be careful trying in unknown fit lights - you can dent the neg. end because it's easy not to realize how much force can be applied with a threaded connection, specially with the bigger 26650 light tailcaps.

Is this a mod or can you order one like this? 2B is too cool for my tastes.

You can order one like this but you have to mention it specifically in the note when you order it. Alternatively just email hank and he’ll get you sorted out.

My numbers are a little high I suspect but here’s some quick and dirty numbers:
Stock XinTD V5 XML2 3C: 37k cd
Stock XinTD V5 XPG2 4D: 53k cd

Thanks to your tips, I succesfully modded my M6.
Another thing is the tailcap springs. Does the tailcap unscrew?

They have for me, and yes, it's worthwhile to do. Might not be so easy for every piece, but mine seem to be not glued.

I have had the tailcaps on three M6 lights and one L1 unscrew with no problems. Unglued.

I have had the tailcaps on 2 M6’s glued, one not glued. Those that were glued were very difficult to remove. One actually is still glued to this day…

The M6 tailcaps that are glued are almost impossible to get off...I could never get mine off even with heat and enough force that I could pretty much see the tube starting to twist. All of those that I have ordered I specifically asked for them NOT to be glued! You can do the Mod 2 without it, but you will lose some lumens and I would only run it with 4 batteries (current running through 4 springs instead of less.)

Just got the XP-L emitters up on the website, available bare, on 16mm, and on 20mm Noctigons. The current 5% BLF discount also applies to them. Would any of you like to see them on the 3XP boards even though the optics aren't there yet for them?

curious what part of Seattle you are moving to? I am down in Renton. Would it be better to place an order now for some cells or wait until you are closer?
Ken