MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

AOEU, that’s hilarious! I was honestly looking at those Simpson underpants ’till I saw the price. LOL. I mean why not I’m a moron walking around with an incendiary device in my pocket… maybe it would be a good idea. But $100 -you know how much stuff I could get at Richards store for $100!
Then I saw your post- I thought- Does that come in blue? I’m not sure I could accessorize with that color of green and the trousers would make my legs look fat and diminish the curve of my buttocks… Where do you guys find these things, that’s awesome.

Nomex racing wear has been required by virtually all racing organizations for 20+ years IIRC. Fire used to be one of the largest killers in F1 and Indy car racing and wiped out a few Nascar racers too. Open wheel cars used to have fuel tanks practically surrounding the driver with no rubber safety bladders inside or other accident fuel containment devices. Like sitting inside a Zippo just waiting for a impact and a spark.

If I were to EDC a light like yours, Scotty, I would set the driver for no memory and to always start on low...or at least medium. Less accidental chance for a hazard situation.

Richard, you are correct again, that would be the rational thing to do. I prefer hazard with two “Z’s” :stuck_out_tongue: I wonder if I could jimmy an omten reverse clicky and have a stiffer spring. Most likely the heat/amps are softening the spring that’s in there even though I put copper braid on the spring. How frustrating. I don’t want to disable that direct hop into full but I don’t want to be immolated as well. Could I get someone to program the Star OS with 3 modes and swap the drivers so that I could go from off to “Full-Stupid” in just 3 clicks?

Richwouldnt, a shame such a good product comes from such tragedy. There is a line of clothing called Wickers that is a weave of wool and cotton in such a way as to make it very flame retardant. Wicks away sweat and resists burning until it crumbles. They aim their product at soldiers. The heat from IEDs frequently melts the standard uniform onto or into the skin necessitating lots of skin grafts. But it’s almost as expensive as nomex and soldiers don’t get paid much. I wish they could be issued to the soldiers.

And as we all know, forewarned is forearmed. Four is an odd number of arms to have, but four is an even number. The only number that is both odd and even is infinity. Therefore, scottyhazzard has an infinite number of arms.

In other news, yes, it would be pretty simple to make a STAR derivative which starts on low but gives the “full stupid” mode in just three clicks. And no mode memory. If I build a “pocket hazzard”, I fully plan on customizing the firmware for it.

Nice logic, ToyKeeper! :wink:

This is the Cypreus copper pill, assembled with Cool Labs Liquid Pro.

The Nitecore NHM10 handle is an excellent fit for the Supfire M6 and L1 lights and also fits the SRK and clones quite well. It will actually virtually fit all 50mm outside diameter battery tubes as long as they do not have a flare at the ends which would prevent installation of the handle clamp ring. Turns the lights into a spotlight configuration light which some people find more comfortable for extended carry. I fitted my first one to the SupFire L1 that RMM hopped up for me and it is a HUGE improvement compared to the original handle. I mounted it offset from the switch position just enough so the switch is easily thumb operated when carrying the light in the right hand. IMO a bit overpriced but I really like it and can recommend it to those who like a handled light and have an appropriate host.

Love it!

Hey guys, the VP4 is now in stock--with the best deal with batteries I've seen anywhere. Also, the Maxtoch MCPCBs are in.

Hmm… Let me get out the paypal password while my wife is at the gyno lol

edit Hey RMM you guys don’t carry the efest high drain 26650 like these? Amazon.com

Bah I’ll wait… I’m getting out of control

I’m thinking of getting the VP2, is there any differences besides 2 more bays?
I have a nitecore D4 already

Yeah, the VP4 doesn't do LiFePo or 4.35v charging, just regular 4.2v. It also only does 1A to the outside 2 bays and 0.5A maximum to the middle 2 bays.

For a combination of high capacity and high current drain in a 26650 I think I would prefer the Keeppowers linked to below. Wish Richard carried them or an equivalent. Based on the photo they look like the flat top is raised enough to work in lights with flat + battery contact plates. I do not have anything that needs 60 amps at 3.7 volts YET!

BTW Illumn.com has the Efest Purples for a MUCH better price than the Amazon listing. RMM is my first choice for batteries but Illumn.com is a close second. Richard recently quoted a alert from them regarding counterfeit Sony batteries so it looks like he respects them too. Both excellent companies and battery suppliers IMO with fair pricing.

I could be wrong, but I am 99% sure those cells are the same as the 5200mAh ones I sell---i.e. not really 60A or even 30A capable for any realistic length of time. HKJ's review.

A 30A 5000+mAh 26650 cell is about as real as a Unicorn at this point in time. It's a bit disingenuous IMO to list it as 30A capable--but it seems that KP has to keep up with the high numbers vaping craze arms race where the highest number is what sells. Even ILLUMN rates them at only 15A continuous...there was a thread about it somewhere around here.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Looks like there are TWO versions of the Keeppower 26650 with 5200 mAh listed capacity. At least HKJ has two recent tests, dated 6/22 and 7/12. One is listed as a IMR cell by Keeppower (the high current version) and the other is not specified.

IMR Test/Review of Keeppower IMR26650 5200mAh (Black) 2014

Not Listed Test/Review of Keeppower 26650 5200mAh (Black) 2014

Based on curves through the maximum draw of the non-IMR cells the performances of both are very similar but there are minor differences. As HKJ says in his ending comment though the IMRs are not really super high current cells.

Want another (maybe not so wild) guess/opinion? They are the same base cell, but the difference between the two boils down to the fact that the non-IMR version is protected.

Considering the similarities I suspect that you are probably right.

Richard - do you have MT-G2 Q0's on the way? Thought I read that. Been wait'n....

Not yet. I will order some as soon as I can get some from a reliable source at a reasonable price.