MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Ahh ok, thanx! Dang you got those MaxToch coppers at a great price... Now sorry I ordered them from BangGood a while back (09/03 shipped), any day now from BG... Smile or I got banged good.

--> Richard or anyone... Have you ever seen or heard of icon's appearing on dye's of LED's? I swear -- I got a little doggy in a corner of a bare XM-L2 U2 1A I bought a while back. It's in a budget zoomie now, reflowed onto a sanded down 16mm SinkPAD now. I never saw anything like this - totally unnoticeable in flood mode, but when zoomed out to see the dye image, there it is! I can't see anything unusual on the LED itself - all looks perfect, like any other XM-L2. The dog image itself is much brighter, and measured to be so on the light meter.

Told an engineer at work bout it, and he's heard of it but didn't have much details. I'd assume you'd never notice it in a reflector light. I "think" I bought it at MtnElectronics here -- can't be sure, but think I did because I ordered qty 3 back in July and this bare LED was in a strip of 3.

This is very interesting. Got any pics?

Tom, interesting puns to very strange Chinese store names aside, I've never heard or seen anything relating to graphics embedded in Cree LED dies. Hmmm...I wonder if we got something special on our hands. A quick search didn't turn up anything about Cree offering this as a service, but who knows.

TONS of batteries back in stock and being updated now!

Here's what we've got now that was out of stock:

• Protected Sanyo UR14500P
  • King Kong 26650 Flat Top
  • LG E1 4.35v Button Top
  • LG D1 4.35v Button Top
  • NCR18650B Button Top
  • NCR18650B Button Top - Protected
  • NCR18650BD Flat Top
  • NCR18650BD Button Top - Protected
  • NCR18650BD Button Top - Unprotected
  • 20R Button Top
  • 25R Flat Top

If you're looking to get a VP4, take advantage of our battery rebate offer for the best deal around! (See VP4 page for details).

Still no protected PF’s or 16340s. T_T

Actually…How much loss would I be seeing from the protection circuits drawing almost 6 amps from a PF?

They sent the XTAR 16340s to the wrong side of the country--to Washington DC! But they are being re-routed.

I thought I had bought some PFs but I only got BDs. I will get some more PFs ASAP.

Ah well, its just as good, I have at least two weeks before a lack of proper cells will be the impediment. I’mma hotrod my Trustfire X6 and figure with no low-volt protection in the driver, protected cells would be a good idea. I’m just worried at how much wattage the protection will eat-up.

Besides the Maxtoch M12 & M24 which are arriving later this week, there are also a few new sweet Noctigon products on the way:

• 16mm MT-G2 MCPCB (no more grinding down to 16mm for the "pocket monster" lights!)
  • 25mm MT-G2 MCPCB (easy fit for the Small Sun ZY-T08 and other similar lights!)
Also, the SupFire L5 and L6 will also be in stock soon!
What are your thoughts on some of the monster zoomies, like the JAX Z1?

Price on the Supfire L5 and what mods do you intend to offer for it? Looks interesting.

This is subject to change, but I think that the pricing on the new Supfires will be as follows:

L5: $20.00

L6: $17.50

The usual mods will be available including LED and driver swap.

The JAX Z1 is look'n pretty good so far - seems legit, but would like to see mod results on it - some real power, de-domed LED's, etc.

I'm in for a SupFire L5! Been wanting one... Another great price you got Smile. I'll order as soon as I see it listed. Thanks!! I really like my L6...

Their C8 isn't bad either - I have one, nice finish, nice looks, pretty good heat sinking... I'll have quite a robust SupFire collection.

For me, SupFire is at the top of the "budget" food chain as far as build quality for the money (value!) goes. MaxToch is also up there, producing insanely great lights stock at a value price. They may be moving slightly out of the strictly budget realm, but they perform right up there with the big dogs, including fit and finish, for a lot less money.

+1 - I've been saying that for a while now, but seems like not many listened. Selling is not my thing for sure... Smile But I can buy pretty good.

I like the L5 host. Can you put an MT-G2 in it?

thanks

The thing that gets me about so many “economy” lights is the fact that from what I read they often have lousy heat sinking even though it would cost no more to provide a decent LED mounting platform that is integral with the light head and also to provide good contact between the light head and body.

Even cheap lights should follow sound engineering basics but seemingly many do not. The classic stupidity to me is the SRK clone I sent Richard for modification. He pictured the internals in this thread. The LED mounting platform design had been purposely changed so that it no longer contacted the light body. A totally stupid and bad engineering design change. As I recall another member got a group of lights built this way and when the vendor was contacted he told the buyer that it was done due to some customers complaining of their lights getting hot too fast. So modify the design so the heat is trapped internally? DUMB. I also have a couple of low output USB powered light heads which have NO LED cooling as the LED mounts direct to a fiberglass circuit board.

A lot of people do not seem to realize that a light emitting diode is also a heat emitting diode. From the point of physics just different frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum, one infrared and the other in visible light and remember that visible light can heat and cook things too. Just ask a kid playing with a magnifying glass outside.

I have the M6, L6 and F9, like em all and agree that the build quality is at the top of the budget line. The F9 is a nice C8 variant, with fins in the right places and a neat ano finish. I did a giveaway on one a while back and Jack the Clipper won it.

Those new copper stars sound very interesting as well, nice work Richard! :slight_smile:

I like the L5, it looks nice with a lot of potential for mods. I saw one picture of the Jax z1 with an extension, made me wonder about an MTG2 Zoomie…

New Stuff:

• Efest Purple 26650 3500mAh - High drain, can be used in series.
  • Efest Purple 18650 35A Button Top - Button top version of this popular cell.
  • Reflow Option for MaxToch MCPCBs - For those of you who don't want to reflow your own.
    • All in stock LEDs available for reflow
    • You have the option to keep or not to keep original MCPCB

I'm still on the fence on the JAX, but if there is enough interest I'll see what kind of price I can get.

If you get the JAX for better than that current price - I'll buy one for sure... Money Mouth

Ohhh - as asked for a couple days ago, here's pics of my doggie in the window, ahhh, on the XM-L2 LED:

The pics didn't come out all that good but these were the 2 best, but this is really, really weird... The doggy hot spot had pretty good throw #'s, but the rest of the square was disappointing.. Totally unnoticeable in full flood, and thinking no one would notice in a reflector light. The LED appears flawless - it's a XM-L2 U2 1A still with dome. Ohh - since I had 2 identical zoomies (the cheap ZeusRay SK73 clone with super thick pill top), I swapped parts around and the doggie follows the LED anywhere it goes Smile, my best friend now.

That is bizarre. Sounds like it is prime for a swap to a reflector light or a warranty swap.

Dunno - may keep it as is... It's a one-of-a-kind for sure, and the flood lumens is pretty much as expected, actually pretty good for a zoomie.