MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

The Supfire L5 looks like an interesting host, though the specs I found suggest it’s a bit longer and wider than I expected. Almost 32650-sized. Probably a good size for a MT-G2, if we can find 32350/26350 cells or otherwise work out the power somehow.

It’d be interesting to have some mega-aspherics available too, like the JAX, or a UF-1405. I’ve been tempted several times to get one and mod it for maximum throw with a laser-like beam, but the end result would be too big to carry most of the time. More of a for-fun project instead of being practical for me.

OTOH, a MT-G2 in one of those EE X6 hosts? That has to happen. :slight_smile: (or an even smaller host, perhaps) I don’t actually have a MT-G2 torch yet.

Thanks for the “doggie in the window” pics! It may be silly, but I enjoy that sort of thing.

Also, it’s surprisingly difficult to get good pictures of projected emitter dies. It looks so clear in person, but on camera most of the detail seems to get lost. This is the best pic I’ve managed of this sort of thing… you can probably guess what light it came from without even looking at the filename:

I’m keeping my eye out for someone to properly review a Jax. It’d be my first zoomie. I cancelled my FT or for the UF-1406 after some poor reviews. I really think it looks well built and it’s on my shortlist.

I’d also like to see the Supfire A6 and Convoy S2(host) added to the tube light category. The A6 has a unique sized head and the S2 would replace my S6 as EDC.

Just some thoughts.

Edit: Oh, and restock plans on 5A2 XP-G2?

+1 for the SupFire A6 Richard. I got one now, and actually order 2 lots of 5 each, total of $50 for 10 lights (super deal), but AliEpxress refunded my money after the seller didn't respond to my open disputes. Still an outside hope they were shipped Smile, but think the seller was stalling by saying they were shipped and giving me bogus tracking #'s.

I'll get some A6 on the next go around.

I'm still not a huge fan of the S2+...doesn't offer me any advantage over the S3 that I can see.

Jared, I assume you're talking about bare LEDs? I have tons of 5A2s mounted on 16mm and 20mm Noctigons.

I too am interested in bare XP-G2 5A2s.

-Garry

Got Noctigon? (TM )

The initial shipment won't have a lot, since only the sample MCPCBs were available and the full production didn't make it in time, but I will have some by next week for you guys and more to come after that.

Nice, I want a few 25mm.

Man, I need to make a running list of things that are on the way. Here's some more that will be coming soon and anticipated prices:

• DQG 26650 Triple XP-G2 II. Both NW and CW, $40.
  • Jax Z1 "Big Head" 26650 zoomie, XM-L2 U2 1A, $57 w/ extension tube.

Good stuffs but your killing me Richard! Haha.

The only advantage I can see to the S2+ is that it has a much larger pill than the S3. I do like the looks of the S3 over the S2+, and they have the same reflector.

Does the 26mm MTG-2 star actually measure 26mm or is it slightly different?

Maxtoch is 26 (28,85 25,85), noctigon seems to be 25mm

Just to confirm that the 26mm Maxtoch MTG-2 stars OD measure 28.85mm?

Im in for a L5 mod for sure :slight_smile:

Just measured mine at 26mm.

sorry, 25,85

Thanks guys.

I was referring to bare emitters. And did you recently update the product description for those mounted ones? I swore they said 5A1 last time I was shopping.

The worst part for me about the S3 is the tailcap. Sharp edges and not friendly for me to operate. Also, the two piece body has some drawbacks, and I’m not a fan of the glossy ano. I really like the New Version S3 though as it fixes all those things. It’s basically a Roche F12 with S3 styling and cleaner machining.

Yes, I did update it since the ones I'm shipping now switched to the 5A2 from the 5A1 as the 5A1s ran out.