MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Was kind of confused with the maxtoch stars. So you pay for a noctigon, then reflow it onto moxtoch pcb + 50 cents? I put all that in the basket and it was getting up there, so I ended up getting the noctigons stock. I ordered already but for next time, like to try those.

That's right. Until I get some more bare LEDs the only choice is to reflow off of another one onto those if that's what you want.

The L5 and L6 have arrived! They look like super nice lights. I took a few of them apart last night for evaluation and to see what could be done with the stock drivers, what drivers will fit, and what cells fit. They will be up on the site soon.

Good news is that with the L5 everything up to the 26700 fits (5000+ mAh of capacity!) and the L6 will fit the 26700 with a simple modification to the tailcap plunger. Nice! If I'm going to run a 26650 sized light, I'd like to get the most capacity I can get.

hopefully they up on site later and some left when I get home to order. :slight_smile:

L5 looks very nice! Not being pushy here, time frame on being added to site menu? Thanks.

Richard, what’s the ETA on 105c’s, bare XM-L2’s, and BLF17DD bare boards?

Check them out! L5. L6. For those looking to gift the light, or even if you're looking for another single cell charger and 26650, I would definitely take a look at the bundled deal for those items as well ($9 for a 4000mAh 26650 + charger + gift box).

ETA on:

Qlite/105C drivers - tomorrow afternoon
Bare XM-L2 U2 1A - 7-10 days
BLF17DD Bare PCB - 2 weeks (someone bought all of my bare boards that weren't already allocated to other builds)

Richard, how low is the lowest mode on the the fully modified 4C LED version light?

As low as the FET driver can go...it is still a couple of lumens, although I may have a solution now that will allow me to get it a bit lower than normal.

You seem to have a solution to everything, so, with Tom mentioning his doggie-in-the-window die I’m wondering if you can make a die do the Batman emergency signal? For a zoomie of course.

:bigsmile:

That…

that’s actually a pretty fun idea. :party:

Reverse cut so the yellow would be the cut-out that would let the phosphor show? Wouldn’t this project an image of the bat through an aspheric?

Ordered the L5 - no doggie or batman signal please... Smile Nice write-up on the L5 on your listing page.

RMM - what's the simple mod to the L6 tail for fitting a 26700?

def ordering a L5

edit: order placed , mod 2, t6 4c :slight_smile:

anyone know if the L5 has an AR lens? if not whats the diameter so I can go hunting for a UCLp or AR lens :)?

International folk still (patiently) waiting for your online international postage system. :nerd_face:

Tom, it looks like it’s as simple as pulling the brass spring cover to allow that extra length. That’s what is keeping mine tight on a regular 26650.

The easiest way is to print the image you want onto a transparency sheet, attach it to the bezel, put the zoomie in the narrowest mode, then shine it through a magnifying glass. It projects the image rather nicely.

Putting it under the aspheric works too but causes a distorted image and still requires a loupe.

Putting it directly on the die would be really cool, but it sounds rather difficult to do. You might have better luck putting a stencil just above the die and extending the zoomie out past the usual end of its range so it’ll focus a bit higher. You might need a really high-resolution laser cutter to make the stencil.

Ahh - ok, didn't look at it yet. I got 8 KK 26700's so trying to find as many lights I can to fit them Smile. My L6 is a hot rod neutral tint, so the 5300-5400 mAh the 26700's do would be nice in there.

I'm just shortening the brass plunger, which you could do yourself no problem. The tube is plenty long but the long plunger doesn't allow for quite enough travel to get the 26700 safely in there.

It isn't an AR lens, but it seems to be pretty clear. I will have to measure it but it's got to be around 38mm.

That is a subject upon which I could write a very long and depressing post about how much time I've wasted. I think I am going to go for a much simpler solution than what I had originally intended.