MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

No, all of the chips are in parallel, but if there is a slight short between the PWM and ground/output it could limit the PWM output enough to lose the low modes.

Your talking about on the 7135 chips? a possible small short on the middle stud of one of the chips?

Thanks for making it too easy for me. I just dropped about $120 in your candy store gosh darn-it. :wink:

Hey guys, I'm a little behind (again) on orders, but Lisa says I've got to take a break tonight. I took the MPRE this morning and have been studying for that a lot this week, and I'm just plain exhausted. Will try and get some rest tonight and hit it hard again. Thanks for being patient.

Lisa’s right, have a Black Russian on me and hit the sack. Pamper her tomorrow while taking the day off from Everything! :wink:

This would work in any p60 host using shorter triple or quad optics and a custom sink/pill. Add 2 x 18350 and call it a night. Or call Hoop. 8) Sweet!

RMM, noticed typos on FET Driver DIY Parts Kit - MTN-10DD/12DD

0605 should be 0603.
Not really a big deal but it could confuse some people.

Thank you. In the future, if there are typos could you please send me a PM so we don't clutter up this thread?

Are you going to have any 17mm fet plus 7135 drivers available soon, of should I Wight’s board from Oshpark and a parts kit from you?

Yes, I will be adding more tomorrow. I don't have a parts kit for wight's 7135+FET board available currently, but when I do you would have to tell me it is for his board otherwise the PWM output would be backwards (mine is switched due to the board layout).

Hi Richard. I see 7135+FET does not have guppydrv as an option? Is this on purpose? Thanks.

Yes, it's on purpose. There isn't a dual PWM guppydrv yet.

I had a question. I managed to file the 15mm 7135 driver down to 14mm (lots of work!).

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=342

I placed it into a tight brass pill, but may have bottomed it in the pill. I notice a cap soldered across the pins on the “brain” chip rises above the components. If this cap is shorted to ground (the pill), does that kill my modes? I only get max, no modes. I’m assuming if I space it out a bit (maybe use some kapton tape) I should get my modes back?

Lol, the "brain chip" is back!

I soldered the off-time cap directly to the MCU pins because I knew that you needed it to be completely single-sided, and you selected guppydrv if I remember correctly. If it is grounded out, it won't change modes because the cap won't charge.

A piece of kapton tape or dab of AA, JB, or Fujik allowed to cure before install would fix that.

Oh, it’s off time? I didn’t even know that was an option on the gupprydrv. Awesome! I’ll space it out and try again. Thanks for the info!

I can’t believe I managed to get it down to 14mm. Very sketchy and precise filing.

I ordered a fet +7135 driver, but the XPL V6 triples sold out before I got a chance to order them. :frowning: I’ve just got to learn to order when things show up as in stock. V5 is almost as bright right?

Yes, they are very close. The bigger difference is the tints available--I doubt that most would notice the difference in output without a light meter.

One more question. I spaced stuff out and got the modes to work. How low is moonlight? I don’t find it that low. It’s pretty close to the 2% level by I assume that’s because I only have 1x 7135 chip?

It is because of the single chip. The minimum PWM level (moonlight level) I have with guppydrv is 5, which is what I flashed on there. I didn't have DrJones make any lower than that, because it is rare that anyone orders a driver with less than 3 chips. If I were building a custom program for that driver I would program 2 as the moonlight PWM with only a single chip.