MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

It depends on the emitters, but for high-bin XP-L HI they are about 13,000 and 50kcd.

OK…what is the “mega m6”?

Now I’m curious about this M6 also.

Bump. Not sure if you missed this Richard? Is this correct?

Look at the lumens per watt efficiency. Djozz's charts are much more helpful for our applications, since he runs them on a DTP MCPCB and runs them far past the factory drive levels. At even 3A the XP-L is much more efficient, lumens-per-watt, which means that more of those watts are being converted into light, and less into heat.

Just ordered a Meteor… So there’s one less NW XPG2 in tan available. I will never pay this much for a flashlight again.

Famous last words on BLF…. :smiley:

Or in other words, no you won’t, you’ll pay even more! :evil:

+one ten thousand and fifty.

I AM SERIOUS

Oh, no, all caps! Perhaps he means it guys!
:davie:

Remember: Prior inconsistent statements can always be used to impeach.

Depends on what the definition of “this” is…

RMM, in regards to the 219C version, were the lumen numbers posted accurate? It seems the same as the 219B numbers… I would have thought they would be higher…

So you others are admitting to spending over $170 on a flashlight MORE THAN ONCE? Did I accidentally log into cpf without noticing?

ha ha! . In all fairness, the stuff CPF members spend 200-600 for- basically hosts with mediocre drivers, is a bit insane.

Oops. I meant to delete those. I don't know yet what it will do because I haven't tested one yet, but it will be higher than the 219B for sure. I suspect that it will be slightly lower than the S3 3D.

My hesitation on this cost me… I will wait for the next round of 219C, Tan would be excellent…

Thanks!

And this is why I will not feel bad at all about buying one of these…. It is a lot of money, but to some it is pocket change. Not me, but I think for the money you are getting top notch manufacturing and materials.

it’s easy, just say NO. And u have to get past the initial excitement of the new light. I ordered the Meteor when it first came out, then asked myself “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Then I cancelled the order! After close to 4 crazy years of this stuff I have about SIXTY lights. I spent $150 on a custom Olight S10. I have no other lights over $100!!! Yet. Hopefully when Richard brings the Mega M6 to his website, ALL of them will already be taken so I won’t have to spring for one. 13000 lumens? What would I do with that?

Congrats MHanlen! Enjoy it.

You could light up a corner of your aircraft hangar.

Those hangar lights put out like 25k lumens each.

As far as expensive lights go, the Meteor seems relatively justifiable. It’s significantly less expensive than similar big-brand lights, while also being smaller and brighter and more flexible. It would be very difficult to make anything smaller and brighter with current technology.

The Mega M6, if I understand correctly, is the end result of pimping out the Supfire M6 as far as possible. So, compared to the Meteor it’s brighter but also bigger. And more moddable. I’m guessing it’ll have a somewhat lower price too, but I really have no idea.

I try not to delude myself about why I’m here. If I just wanted to see at night, I wouldn’t have more than half a dozen lights. I’m not here for practical reasons; I’m here because it’s a hobby I enjoy. And as far as hobbies go, I could do a lot worse… for example, how much does a Playstation and a bunch of games cost? ($400 for a console, $60 each for a few controllers, $20-$80 each for a couple dozen games, misc accessories, plus a TV and a sound system… and a whole new set of most of these things every couple years)

This is the only light I’ve seen that I’d drop this much money on. Having used it and held it in my hands, it’s worth it. The craftmanship and design of the light is second to none. I’d never spend this much on a nitecore or fenix. I’m not in love with the UI but I’ll tolerate it.