MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Yes, it will be programmable. Fellow member gunga was good enough to send me some samples months ago which were helpful in reverse engineering them prototyping a board. I got really busy and the project stalled out, but I have boards coming now and I already have the parts so hopefully it will be ready soon.

I apologize for the frustration. I have been far too busy the past few months to be as responsive as I would like to be. This is definitely not the kind of experience I want you to have here. I am a bit frustrated with my current e-mail situation and I need to do something to get it under control---my time is limited and I can't spend more than 2-3 hours per day on the forum and e-mails; I currently spend about 3 hours per day answering messages and it is not enough to keep up with everything because many of the messages are quite involved.

With regards to the stock issues: it is all part of growing pains. I try to plan ahead, but sometimes the demand is greater than expected, sometimes there is lack of stock on the purchasing end, and sometimes shipments get held up for several weeks longer than normal. It is all a balancing act, but there are key items that I am now planning on stocking more of in the future. In the past it was qlite drivers and a few other items, and now I always keep plenty of reserve on hand of those items. Now that I know which ones currently have stock issues I am purchasing extras to keep in reserve.

I have been enjoying building drivers from scratch. I have really bad eyes, but have found magnifiers and such and can now build SMD boards! :slight_smile:

I like doing this too much to let it go, and Lisa (my partner ) works just as much or more than I do at this business and she fully supports me doing it. Just be clear, Mountain Electronics is not going anywhere.

Now you need a “Possible Future Items” page with “email me if_and_when it comes into existence” buttons (grin)
A page where users explicitly agree to guarantee patience and promise not to bother you, just wait on the notification in email.

Richard :)

Just received the Q LiteMomentary drivers with custom mode levels, not long ago.

Please, please forgive my ignorance but it seems that the only way to get to "off" is by cycling through all the modes. I can get them both to start on high and one more click to off but reading the webpage it says:

"The user interface is simple and intuitive: a short press moves you forward one mode, a long press moves you back one mode. From off, you can instantly switch to either the lowest or

highest mode, then back to off wither another single press or hold!"

Any suggestions ? :)

Thanks. I guess I will adjust my plans. I was going to have some fun over the holidays with those projects, but I can’t find everything from other vendors that will arrive before Christmas. I will keep an eye on your store in the future.

As for those involved questions, if they are like the ones on this forum that want to know your future plans, simply say ‘still planning on it, no deadline set.’ or something short like that. Not every question is a gem :slight_smile:

Bugsy36, those 2 seem contradictory — do you mean to write that
you can’t get them to go from off, to high, and one more click to off?

So it sounds like you can get to off from either low or high. For one it’s a short click forward. For the other it’s a long click backward. As I understand.

So it would be the same off, but you can enter from the East or West.

Noooo, please don’t, lol. That post was about letting him know that there’s other places he can buy from if he’s in too big of a hurry instead of coming here and getting pissy in the forums…I never buy modding parts from anywhere else unless you don’t stock them at all. The customer service and quality of goods is too great at mtn to even think about looking anywhere else.

Pissy? In all seriousness, compared to the rest of the internet, my post was, by all accounts, a glowing review with feedback. Anyway, no hard feelings toward anyone.

Don’t do that. There’s no place comparable.

That's correct. bugsy36 - yes, this is the classic Werner UI as I understand it. I like it, but I added a timeout of about 1.2 secs or so -- if you stay on a mode for more than that time, you lock-in the mode, then, 1 click will turn the light OFF. It's just my spin/preference on it. I've had some ask to remove that "mode lock-in timeout" - everyone has their personal preference. In mine, I left in in the long click to go to the previous mode, then the lock-in is cleared, so short clicks will go forward again. Some say it's too complicated and they could be right - it's all good.

I think when you go to lots of modes of 5 or more, then the lock-in/OFF feature is a good thing, but for 3 modes or less, probably not that useful. I shy away from double clicks because I'd rather be able to click fast thru modes, and not get them confused with a double click.

thanks richard-- I'm going to try not to bother you much until after christmas. I hope you and the family have a good one!

Ps, if you could restock on those mtn17dd pcb's that'd be great :p and 90+cri nichias, and the big copper triple slugs, and and and... I can't help it I'm needy!

/e no wait scratch that on the pcb...I see what's been updated now, my previous query the other day...I don't want to say it out loud because I know the tool that bought a ton(last of your stock) of the v1.11 17dd pcb's and I don't need to give him ideas about my new choice of pcb's. ;) thanks!

/e now I'm that tool! And I have to tear apart this perfectly good sinner I just built to swap drivers... I see no end in sight, it's never good enough, thanks richard!

As far as stickers go "mtnelectronics" or "mountain electronics llc" logos would be fine.

I'm definitely going to get some stickers and maybe magnets. I've had some help throwing around ideas from our fellow madman Dale.

@Richard,

Pay no attention to that Dale guy… He talks too much.

Thanks, Dale! :slight_smile:

-Chuck

Oh great, what size batteries will the sticker take? First stickers with thermal path copper and firmware…

The stickers will be available in packs of three or four…. With corresponding optics….

What tints will the stickers be available in?

As the stickers will be flat from manufacturing, will you offer a “dome” service for them to be able to see them from a greater angle?

Magnets… you could go for MTN Electronics led throwies!

I shortened that post about my frustration. I shared my feelings, but those feelings don’t need to be immortalized.
I appreciate your store Richard. Happy holidays, and take care.

I have only ordered from him once (back in August) and it was a pretty good experience. I had an xhp50 P60 built and he answered all my questions promptly and with a good attitude. I love drop in, it works great, and puts out quite of bit of light from its L2 host.

Anyways, I understand the frustrations of others but I myself am willing to wait for things to get straightened out. I’m not going to be in the buying market until maybe after Christmas anyways so hopefully by then he can get through the holiday rush, get his correspondence issues squared away and be back up and running strong. I have my eye on a couple more P60s, a uf-1504 xpl hi, and maybe the parts for a triple xpl hi dd convoy build.