MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I’m very sorry for your loss Richard. May he rest in peace.

"At his funeral I could not help but feel an overwhelming sense of peace and happiness; it was truly a celebration of a life well lived."

If only we could all be that lucky.

Nothing I can say to help, but I wish the best for you, and the family.

I am sorry to hear of your loss Richard. Your writing here concerning your Grandfather sure tells the feelings of your heart. It's good that you were with him. In years to come, you will find that a comfort. Just keep him in your heart...right next to your soul. TL

Your grandfather sounds like a man of integrity and character.
You are blessed to have had him as a grandfather and guide.

My condolences on your loss.

Sounds like a very good man. I’m glad you were able to know him.

Sorry for your loss. May your memories of him become stories to your chldren.

And Richard? In case you ever feel the need of a grandpa figure, please don’t hesitate to give TexasLumens a holler, he’s about 147 yrs old and cantankerous enough for 3 grandpas so he’ll set ya straight in a heartbeat! :bigsmile:

Boots made me say that…

Thank you everyone.

Any word on XML2 U4, XPL V3 HI?

Sorry for your loss Richard. It’s never easy to lose a loved one, but it sounds like he made the most of his life which is all that any of us can hope for.

XM-L2 U4 are on the way, as are more XP-L HI V2, but no XP-L HI V3.

New Products:

Back In Stock:

Due Back Any Day Now:
  • All AR Lenses
  • Most out of stock LEDs

Oh man, that L2c is a beautiful host! I love my L2p but I may need that carbon fiber too. Is it mostly aluminum with a carbon fiber overlay or what? Any idea how it does with heat?

Yes, it is mostly HAIII anodized aluminum with the CF overlay. I have had one for about 5 months now and have been using it in testing some of my P60 modules, including XHP50 P60s and FET + XP-L HI P60s and it seems to handle the heat just about as well as the aluminum ones do. It may conduct a little slower, but it doesn't seem to be significant. I would say that if your module will run in a normal Solarforce, then it will run in this one just as well.

I am not a big P60 guy, but this host with a good module in it is really cool and feels good in the hand. For me, it ticks that "second kind of cool" box.

Thanks sir. Any suggestion for a reverse clicky switch for it?

I have built many of these in the short version. It would be nice to buy them in the states.

I'll put it on my list. I always appreciate any product suggestions you may have. I can't do all of them, but I definitely consider all of them and give a lot of them a try.

Thanks for your updates, and sorry for your loss!

On the solder wire listed here, are there any convenient breaking points for a spool size, half spool, etc.? It’d be a bummer to put in an order for 10 ft, if 12 ft would be easier to parcel out for whatever reason. Or to order 50’, if 40’ already comes on a small spool. Or if it doesn’t matter at all, that’s cool.
Also, do you have approximate conversions for how many feet are in a pound, since that seems to be a common quantity from other sellers?
TIA!

I am pulling all of these off of big spools and measuring them out, so any length doesn't really matter.

I will add some conversions to the product pages. A pocket pack of MG Chemicals 63/37 solder, for example, is generally around 0.6 oz and costs ~$7.75. That equates to around $13 per ounce of solder. Each foot of the 0.025" 63/37 solder weighs about 0.025 oz, so a pocket pack of the same solder would have approximately 24-25 feet of solder, which would cost around $6.

If you're planning on using a lot of solder, buy a 1/2 lb. or 1 lb. spool and save some money. I am offering this service for those who only need a little bit or who want to order some for convenience while they're already shopping at Mountain Electronics.