MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

The LD-2 can be modified to run the XHP-35 from 4 cells, 3 might not be enough overhead for the 12V emitter.

Ok, I feel like this has to have already been asked, but I did a ctrl-F for ’S2’ and went several pages back. So, is there any estimate on when you might be getting any red or blue hosts along with the shortened tubes :smiley: I have a pretty large order to place and wanted to do it all in a single order. If it’s going to be a while on the S2 hosts I’ll just place the order for everything else. And, thank you.

How would you wire this? Series? Parallel?

The cells has to be in series.
The ld-2 is not a boost driver.

Ordered my lumintop tool, hope I’m the lucky one.

Ordered my lumintop tool, hope I’m the lucky one.
[/quote]

buy all 20 and you’ll be the lucky one :smiley:

As soon as Convoy gets them to me. They have been really dragging lately and do not communicate well, so I am a bit in the dark myself.

Would it make sense to stack two and cut the duty cycle more? Moon wouldn’t be quite as low but the wattage would be split between the two chips.

Yes it will help a bit, but not too much. I would just use the 7135 for moonlight and maybe 2% levels, then let the FET do all of the others.

If anyone is looking for a triple X6 setup RMM has a couple that he’s selling…here.

I am interested! How is the thermal capacity on this thing? Also, is it strictly a thrower or is it a nice combo of flood and throw?

The thermal performance is pretty good; much better than the small tube light triples. There is a lot more mass and more important, surface area to help transfer heat.

It is definitely not a thrower. The beam is smooth and creamy, but is only slightly tighter than what you get from the smaller triple optics like the 10507, so it is fairly floody but manages some distance due to sheer output. I imagine that if you polished the face of the optic to get rid of the texture it would tighten up a bit, but the point of a light like this is pure lumen output and not throw. If you want throw then you would be better off with a single XP-G2 and a reflector.

Polishing the face of the CUTE-3 looks neat, barely helps beam profile at all. Just sayin.

Sounds like just what I am looking for! I already have some of the Kronos X5/X6 sets which offer nice throw so I am now looking for something more like what you described. If the Lumintop Tool promotion is still live, I could throw one of those in as well as some batteries for my first Mtn Electronics order :slight_smile:

Brett, I think you'll like it then.

There are still 9 Lumintop lights left that will be entered into the drawing.

FWIW, my X6 Triple build is one of my top favored lights, hands down. I have over 135 lights, I’ll grab the X6 Triple 99 times out of a 100.

how will the modded Lumintop Tools be advertised? I know u mentioned this week? Thanks.

Well, I give up! that is the second or third time I have put a light in my cart and it is gone before I check out. I guess I am just not meant to complete a Mtn Electronics order.

Sounds like a great light Dale! I wish they had more available :slight_smile:

You asked too many questions first, should have asked later :smiley: . Or, Richard should be charging more $$$ :smiley: :open_mouth:

My triple does close to 4000 lumens, and throw is bout 27 kcd at about 10A at the tail, about the same as a simple stock C8. I’ts using XPL V6’s though, not XP-G2’s, so the XP-G2 version probably has better throw. I also have a XPL quad, but the quad is even more a flooder - didn’t measure the throw, but it’s much less.